• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I've always been fascinated by the kind of leeway Snyder got from WB in the past. Like, the dude pretty much exclusively made bad movies and WB just gave him more things to do instead of dropping his ass for a director that actually could deliver a critical and commercial hit.

I mean, the dude got handed the reins to the DC franchise following Sucker Punch, fucking Sucker Punch. His first critical and commercial flop and honestly, IMO one of the worst movies I've ever seen and as a result the guy gets the potentially most valuable IP in WB's catalogue.

That he's not coming back to DC nor WB in general is only positive IMO. The DC movies and shows after he left actually started to get good and honestly, Netflix's garbage chute of content is where Snyder belongs.

I just want to see a Zack Synder movie where he actually has a good writer and someone to rein him in. I like his cinematography

He did his own cinematography in Army of the Dead and it's one of the ugliest looking big budget films I've ever seen. IMO it totally destroyed the myth of Snyder at least having a good visual eye.

His previous movies just had the luck of having a good cinematographer reining in Snyder's worst impulses.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022
I don't think even Zack wants to be back. Both WB and Zack are better off this way.

Now do something about Ezra Miller, WB you fucks.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been fascinated by the kind of leeway Snyder got from WB in the past. Like, the dude pretty much exclusively made bad movies and WB just gave him more things to do instead of dropping his ass for a director that actually could deliver a critical and commercial hit.

I mean, the dude got handed the reins to the DC franchise following Sucker Punch, fucking Sucker Punch. His first critical and commercial flop and as a result the guy gets the potentially most valuable IP in WB's catalogue.

That he's not coming back to DC nor WB in general is only positive IMO. The DC movies and shows after he left actually started to get good and honestly, Netflix's garbage chute of content is where Snyder belongs.

Snyder got MoS because literally every other director WB asked passed on the project. Like most talentless white men in Hollywood, he just lucked out and failed upwards.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel was great, BvS had great ideas and scenes, and Snydercut was great. Zack has created true moments of brilliance and splendor and spectacle in his DC movies.

But reading what Snyder's original plans were for Justice League sequels...thank fuck for this news lol.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still baffled that he was allowed to add a bunch of (awful) sequel teases to Justice League.

It's better than the theatrical cut, but the even better version of that movie would lose all the pointless sequel set up that was obviously going nowhere.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Six years later and the hubris that was on display still brings a smile to my face.

Watching BvS collapse first critically then commercially in real time was one of the most hilarious moments of internet history.

Dude. That thread was greatest of all time. Even though of us that were cautiously hopeful were just blown away by how things kept digging deeper. And then every person in the thread coming back after seeing the movie with their own dismay.

The movie did produce something entertaining after all.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Db75hxy.jpg
tenor.gif

Remember when there was supposed to be a conspiracy within Rotten Tomatoes against Snyder and the DCEU?

Despite the fact that WB partially owns the website...
It's been so many years of gaslighting and white washing from fans surrounding the Snyderverse/Snyder Cut fans that I almost forgot how ridiculous things would get surrounding the fandom. And the worst part is that even though the times have changed the conspiracies still persist.

Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get a comic book run of the original plans. I'm not saying they're quality but just to see the setups from JL followed through with unrestricted budget.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I like ZS and always found his take on the characters interesting even if I didn't love the movies, but it's clear it wasn't connecting with people and not much more needs to be said than that.

Would be cool to let him do an animated series or comic or whatever. I'd def watch an animated series of his story.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Why would there be? Snyder basically bullied and harassed the entire studio to spend $100 million and get the new cut of justice league out at the behest of a bunch of bots and frankly, insane weirdos, and it was just a louder fart instead of a shart.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why would there be? Snyder basically bullied and harassed the entire studio to spend $100 million and get the new cut of justice league out at the behest of a bunch of bots and frankly, insane weirdos, and it was just a louder fart instead of a shart.
Zack Snyder bullied a $35 billion dollar corporation into making his movie? That's badass.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, it's not like the DC is hitting it out of the park regardless. Batman was their first good film in a decade.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I have said this before, and I will say this again: just pair Snyder with Mark Millar. Now that both are doing Netflix stuff, they should work together.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
He delivers movies on time, on (or under) budget, always has a good relationship with cast and crew and most of his movies make a shitton of money. The two big budget flops came from movies that were heavily meddled with by the studio.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
This is absolutely for the best. B VS S and the justice league were about as bad as anything I have ever seen.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
I loved the Snyder cut of the justice league, but I do not want the future he was heading towards with bad super man.

Oct 29, 2017
Snyder's DC work peaked with MoS, and that wasn't a high bar. If DC does attempt another extended universe in the future, they'll be best suited hiring someone who wants their audiences to enjoy the movies and won't add thirty minutes to the runtime solely via slo-mo.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Like, it makes sense. Zack did his thing and he's gone. I highly doubt the next iterations of the DCU will fare a whole lot better. The common denominator seems to be WB is terribly run.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I'm still baffled to this day that monster hitters like Batman and Superman in a movie together ended up as this absolute dreck that's so dour it feels like an apocalyptic version children cartoon except played straight with serious faces and all.
I don't think I've seen shittier excuse for a crossover fight since something like OnePiece vs Toriko or whatever.