• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
uuvKVG4.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2029149553/chicken-wiggle-workshop-for-nintendo-switch

Chicken Wiggle Workshop is a port of the Nintendo 3DS game, with new HD artwork. Don't worry retro fans, you'll be able to toggle between HD and retro visuals! And yes, all of the levels created on Nintendo 3DS will be playable on Nintendo Switch in glorious new HD artwork!

"Workshop" has been added to the title to highlight the fantastic level editor and sharing tools featured at the heart of the game.

Well, I was one of those people who said he should have released it on Switch, so I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth is. I'd say $30,000 is a nice reasonable target, there's even the obligatory stretch goal for Grant Kirkhope music!

Last edited by a moderator:

BoTalksGames

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm glad they're trying this out and I plan on supporting it once I have some money, but I do have to wonder why they keep pushing Treasurenauts back. I remember after they did Mudds Collection they said it'd be their focus, but then we got Xeodrifter, Totes the Goat and now this. I hope there's nothing actually wrong with it.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
For the longest time, I was put off the by the title but the game itself actually looks really cool. I hope it succeeds.

Already 10% funded so chances are good.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
10 dollars for an early backer copy? Heck that sounds fair! I might go for that!
For the longest time, I was put off the by the title but the game itself actually looks really cool. I hope it succeeds.
Wow same here! I never looked up the game and only thought of the most ridiculous things due to the title. But this looks real swell! I might back it up!

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
It really bums me out that this flopped on 3DS, so I hope they get what they need to bring it to Switch. It's a great title.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Not really digging the new art style. Looks like those ugly SNES filters than make the whole image a rounded blob. Anyways, wish him the best. I heard this game was pretty good and it's pretty sad (and expected) that it didn't find any success on the 3DS.

Yeah, it's perhaps a little too clean, but at least there's the option for pixels if you want it. My only major complaint about the HD graphics is that Chicken's beak looks really off, he clearly has a smile in all the promo art and his original sprite so it's weird for it to just be this blank orange blob.

Oct 26, 2017
They got Grant Kirkhope on this?! O_o Though only as a yet to be specified "New Music Soundtrack" stretch goal, but god damn that's fucking awesome! My concern is the need for physical rewards, especially this wrap party reward, like this is a bad idea as it's just frankly unneeded expenses. I'm already iffy on the backer credits to start, as he's going to work HOURS just to type them all in, as I believe Playtonic had to do for YL.

The digital rewards like the game, digital artbook and soundtracks were a smart idea, but the physical ones push it too far IMO.

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
I backed it. We can always use another fun platformer on the Switch. Hopefully they get way more than they asked for.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they manage to get this out before the inevitable Mario Maker Switch.

I think that hurt the game's potential on 3DS a fair bit.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a ton of interest in this game, but Jools is a wonderful guy. Backed at the signed artbook level.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Name change as a stretch goal please?
I like the clean HD graphics. Nice that they give an option to go back to sprites

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why the HD art doesn't look more like the concept art. The concept art looks much better.

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if it's the title or logo, but something about it makes it come across like a shovelware mobile game. (I've heard it's actually supposed to be good though?)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Now there's a modest funding goal if I've ever seen one. I wish Jools the best, but I don't think he needs it since he's already a third of the way there.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that 3ds logo (and the awful name) really make this look like shovelware. I will probably pick it up when it comes out, to give support for 3ds ports (and bc it's supposed to be good).

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I fully support this just for the fact it has a bird as a main character, we don't get this everyday!
Unfortunate about the unappealing title.
Yeah, it's perhaps a little too clean, but at least there's the option for pixels if you want it. My only major complaint about the HD graphics is that Chicken's beak looks really off, he clearly has a smile in all the promo art and his original sprite so it's weird for it to just be this blank orange blob.
My thoughts exactly, why isn't the sprite like the official art? The beak has a mouth and it is clearly smiling, the solid beak doesn't look good on the sprite.

I hope he takes this into consideration, the shape of the beak doesn't need to change, just add a mouth line/ smile to make it attractive.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
How much do I need to back to be able to rename the game to ANYTHING OTHER THAN CHICKEN WIGGLE. Damnit, Jools.
Can I back this post?

That said, hope it does well. New art is totally respectable (way better than, say, Square Enix's attempts at revamping pixel art). Goals seem modest and it's already well on its way! Plus Kirkhope's always exciting, haha.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought that was a terrible name, but damn I had forgotten just how much worse the original logo made it look. The new logo is a huge improvement.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So....why doesn't he want to change the name again? I get that he's the creator and everything so it's his choice at the end but that name just doesn't help at all.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I'm not gonna back for now, but I hope it gets funded. I like Jools' games, but I was already barely giving the 3DS any attention when the original version was released.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
The subtitle of workshop implied to my friend that it meant steam workshop support or something. This game would probably do good on PC actually.

The name is even worse with that addition.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
man, everything kirkhope does really do sound like banjo & kazooie music. like, cant picture anything else
the new artwork looks too... clean? like "abusing filters on emulators" clean. not sure if i like it.

also whats so horrible about the title that offends/annoy people this much? i have some faint idea but maybe its a local thing that is several times worse because while i can understand chicken wiggle is silly, its nowhere near as criminal as some people are making it look like in this thread

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
They're almost halfway there just a little over 24 hours after the campaign started, so looking pretty good.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they manage to get this out before the inevitable Mario Maker Switch.

I think that hurt the game's potential on 3DS a fair bit.

I think emphasizing the level editor is putting the cart before the horse--yes, it's a cool feature but if the core premise isn't drawing people in then the editor is meaningless as a sales point.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Momentum seems to have slowed quite a bit. Almost half of the $30k limit the first day, only about $1k the second day.

I hope this doesn't stall out.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Momentum seems to have slowed quite a bit. Almost half of the $30k limit the first day, only about $1k the second day.

I hope this doesn't stall out.
That happens on all Kickstarters, though not with such a huge srop. It will probably meet the goal but I doubt it will get any stretch goals

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This one has really hit a wall after the first day
It's less than $10k away but it's only made like $5k or so since the first day. There's a chance it's not gonna get backed.

Anyway, just wanted to update that anybody at the $80 tier or above is eligible for a chance to win custom Chicken Wiggle Joy-cons
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...le-workshop-for-nintendo-switch/posts/2140279

096f320a3d793d93a2f4ee224171f8c9_original.jpg

Cool little reward to entice new backers I think. Still worried it will miss that $30k mark

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
This one has really hit a wall after the first day
It's less than $10k away but it's only made like $5k or so since the first day. There's a chance it's not gonna get backed.

Anyway, just wanted to update that anybody at the $80 tier or above is eligible for a chance to win custom Chicken Wiggle Joy-cons
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...le-workshop-for-nintendo-switch/posts/2140279

096f320a3d793d93a2f4ee224171f8c9_original.jpg

Cool little reward to entice new backers I think. Still worried it will miss that $30k mark

Those are fun! And yeah, the campaign is at a crawl. I wish more people knew how cool the make and share levels are!

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
This game is less than $6k away from being funded and only has like 6 days left. Come on, everyone! We need to get this funded. Don't like the new graphics? The old pixelart is still there, too.

Stretch goals have been listed and they're not that much more. $35k gets an orchestrated soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope and $40k gets a bunch of new levels.

Let's rally behind this to get this eggcelent game ported!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I don't think this one will make it unfortunately
They should've had more $10 early backer copies if they could

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Man I will be seriously bummed if this doesn't make it. Going to up my backer contribution by a bit. This game deserves more recognition.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this one will make it unfortunately
They should've had more $10 early backer copies if they could

There are 9 days left, all the potential backers who clicked the "Remind Me" button aren't going to get an e-mail reminder until 48 hours remain. Let's not count our chickens before they wiggle.