• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
A funny looking and curious game that just crossed my screen. Chicken Police, from German game development studio Handy Games. It's a film noir themed game with animals and it looks to be a fun story. Will drop on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam, and Xbox One in 2020.

Trailer:

Press Release:

Eger, Hungary/Giebelstadt, Germany, December 10th, 2019: Sonny Featherland and Marty MacChicken, aka the "Chicken Police", once a legendary detective-duo – now a washed-up wreck and a wannabe star-detective. But things are about to change when a most mysterious case comes along, getting weirder by the hour and more dangerous than anything the two have faced before. Sonny and Marty will have to face the demons of their dark past on this journey through the crooked city of CLAWVILLE… But the Chicken Police is back together!

Chicken Police – Paint it RED features a stunningly peculiar visual style with artistic photo-manipulation and lifelike 3D backgrounds. The game convinces with a dark story and satire which recalls the mood and atmosphere inspired by classic film-noir movies of the 40's. And like all the best noir detective stories, this one feels so gritty and desperate, that it can only be served with a side of cynical humor. Experience a carefully crafted world, a grim, sinister story, and absurd humor. All mixed up with elements of story-rich adventures and a visual novel style dialogue system, complete with a complex interrogation mechanic, detective gameplay and an ever-changing city.
Chicken Police will be available in 2020 on Steam, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Xbox One and Sony Playstation 4.

Features:
  • A thrilling, rich storyline
  • A unique, noir-inspired world
  • A complex interrogation system
  • Lots of optional content and background lore
  • Lots of clues and collectibles
  • More that 30 unique characters
  • A cinematic film-noir like experience
  • Professional voice acting and original soundtrack

PS: If a moderator could remove the mention of the Switch in the headline, that'd be great. I got the initial news from a Nintendo site before I saw the entire press release. *facepalm*

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I posted it before I read the entire press release, my bad. I just thought it was a fun looking title and wanted to share it ASAP.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Blacksad, what a banner time for anthropomorphic animal noir detective games.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer makes it seem like a pretty boilerplate cliche noir story with an anthropomorphic animal twist painted on top. Hopefully the full game goes for it a lot more.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me to the phoenix wright type game with book illustration antropomorhic animals that release some years ago. Same studio?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What's with folks here only mentioning the Switch version in the title?

Same thing happened in that thread about the Disney game by PlayMagic before a mod edited the other platforms in.

OP
OP
Vash

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
What's with folks here only mentioning the Switch version in the title?

Same thing happened in that thread about the Disney game by PlayMagic before a mod edited the other platforms in.

That was my bad, I saw too late that it was also announced for other platforms. XD