• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Alright, people, we've got to fucking stop this nonsense.

It's a good chicken sandwich. Look, I get it. It's hard to ascribe religious fundamentalist bullshit to them, when the people are nice, when even the people that work there are generally pro-LGBT. And look, I understand, the owners are Christofascists. They're going to support what they want to support, I understand pulling your support from them. But goddamn, can we cool it a bit?

I'm trans. I don't give a fuck if you eat chicken. It's good chicken, enjoy it! You can still be an ally even though you engage in problematic consumption habits, just be there when we need you there. That's what matters. Getting pissed off at people if you *aren't* LGBT because they like a chicken fucking sandwich is legitimately actual virtue signalling, it's time to stop.

If we wanted to force out every one that enjoys something from a fucked business or person, we'd be banning 99% of the site, ourselves included.

I like Amazon, it's convenient, and where the fuck else am I going to get anything? Oh, but that's right, their mistreatment of workers is bad -- of course, we only really get up in arms about them because they're big and in the news, what about other companies, too? Do you think your shoes aren't problematic? Your clothes? The car you drive, the gas you pump, the food you eat, no matter what it is? Guess what, if you aren't growing your own goddamn food, it was picked by a laborer making less than minimum wage -- sometimes children, even in the US, because child labor laws don't apply in that case -- so anything you eat? Problematic. If you purchase something, it was purchased with the blood, sweat, and tears of countless workers, from a place that profits off of the blood, sweat, and tears of workers, who got their raw materials from the blood, sweat, and tears of workers.

Are you going to be an ascetic in the fucking mountains, or something?

For fuck's sake.

Eat your goddamn chicken, don't vote for bigots, back us up when they're trying to disappear us. Enough is enough. You can criticize Chik-fil-A, their corporate private owned bullshit deserves it. But tiny support with a sandwich every now and again isn't going to be the difference between supporting LGBT causes and being with us fighting, and leaving us hanging when we need you the most.

They'll be donating to fascist causes any way, your pennies of support per sale isn't gonna turn a fucking tide.

Resetera doesn't need these crusades. It's a fucking sandwich. Kids are in goddamn concentration camps, LGBT people are being discriminated on a state-sanctioned basis. They're trying to take away millions of peoples' healthcare, again. They're trying to remake the very fabric of our country in their Christofascist last gasp.

Maybe I'm alone on the T side getting mad about this, but it's like everyone is tripping over themselves to show everyone how goddamn liberal they are. If you're too self-righteous to eat a chicken sandwich, how can we count on you when the time comes to defend us?

Fam... what? You really typed this out and thought you were making some grand point? You know what, I'm out, I said my piece (which no one bothered to respond to) . There's no defense for some of the nonsense ITT. Baffling ass shit in here.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Fam... what? You really typed this out and thought you were making some grand point? You know what, I'm out, I said my piece (which no one bothered to respond to) . There's no defense for some of the nonsense ITT. Baffling ass shit in here.

No, I understand your point, and I'm also inclined to agree with it, but I also don't think it's that big of a deal because of how entwined so much of our culture is in legitimately awful things. I don't think it's such a big deal that we need to fight over it like this, or for people to have to defend themselves for it, either.

It is, quite literally, very, very low on the scale of things that need to be worked at. When we're fighting over pennies of profit to a company that will absolutely donate to awful causes anyway, it detracts from everything else. I'm not saying people should support Chik-fil-A, but I don't think eating there makes you a bad person, or not an ally. It's that simple.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Used to go to Chick-Fil-A just for the waffle fries. Got a really bad order my last time there, and then the next month the story broke about them donating to anti LGBT groups, so it made the decision never to go again easier.

Now when I want unhealthy delicious fries I go to Five Guys.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's a good chicken sandwich. Look, I get it. It's hard to ascribe religious fundamentalist bullshit to them, when the people are nice, when even the people that work there are generally pro-LGBT. And look, I understand, the owners are Christofascists. They're going to support what they want to support, I understand pulling your support from them. But goddamn, can we cool it a bit?

I'm trans. I don't give a fuck if you eat chicken. It's good chicken, enjoy it! You can still be an ally even though you engage in problematic consumption habits, just be there when we need you there. That's what matters. Getting pissed off at people if you *aren't* LGBT because they like a chicken fucking sandwich is legitimately actual virtue signalling, it's time to stop.

If we wanted to force out every one that enjoys something from a fucked business or person, we'd be banning 99% of the site, ourselves included.

I like Amazon, it's convenient, and where the fuck else am I going to get anything? Oh, but that's right, their mistreatment of workers is bad -- of course, we only really get up in arms about them because they're big and in the news, what about other companies, too? Do you think your shoes aren't problematic? Your clothes? The car you drive, the gas you pump, the food you eat, no matter what it is? Guess what, if you aren't growing your own goddamn food, it was picked by a laborer making less than minimum wage -- sometimes children, even in the US, because child labor laws don't apply in that case -- so anything you eat? Problematic. If you purchase something, it was purchased with the blood, sweat, and tears of countless workers, from a place that profits off of the blood, sweat, and tears of workers, who got their raw materials from the blood, sweat, and tears of workers.

For fuck's sake.

Eat your goddamn chicken, don't vote for bigots, back us up when they're trying to disappear us. Enough is enough. You can criticize Chik-fil-A, their corporate private owned bullshit deserves it. But tiny support with a sandwich every now and again isn't going to be the difference between supporting LGBT causes and being with us fighting, and leaving us hanging when we need you the most.

They'll be donating to fascist causes any way, your pennies of support per sale isn't gonna turn a fucking tide.

Resetera doesn't need these crusades. It's a fucking sandwich. Kids are in goddamn concentration camps, LGBT people are being discriminated on a state-sanctioned basis. They're trying to take away millions of peoples' healthcare, again. They're trying to remake the very fabric of our country in their Christofascist last gasp.

Maybe I'm alone on the T side getting mad about this, but it's like everyone is tripping over themselves to show everyone how goddamn liberal they are. If you're too self-righteous to eat a chicken sandwich, how can we count on you when the time comes to defend us?
Thank you.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I made you mad. That's good. First of all I don't care what you think.What products I support is not even the point. Nobody is mad because you eat at CFA, It's because you come into a thread and rationalize bigotry. You will never see me go into a thread to rationalize oppression and try to gloat about it even I somehow contributed to it. That is what childish. I can admit my faults, you obviously can't.
LOL Oh yes, I'm furious!! Coming from the person with childish responses such as " Let the adults converse" and " you mad?" in a freaking Chick -fil-a thread. Explain how I "rationalized bigotry", something that you still havent done yet. Go on. I'll quote my own unedited post to help you:

100% agree. Its kinda embarrassing to see so many people here pretend they don't consume any product with questionable business practices.

Chik fil a has top notch service, great food, and everyone that works there seems to be happy. Hard to not go there even if some CEO that i will never meet or see has some crappy views.

Me rationalizing bigotry would be me saying " hey look, he's a actually a nice guy, means well and employs gay people! So what if he doesn't like gay people though!! At least he's not as bad as Trump!!".

I flat out said he has crappy views. Views that I obviously don't agree with. Guess what, everywhere you go, shop at, eat at, etc... is going to have people like that CEO that do terrible things that you dont like. EVERYWHERE. Hell, if you live in the US that means Donald freaking Trump is your president, whether you like it or not. Doesn't mean you voted for him, support him, like his views, or even like him as a person. It's not your fault a shit person is running this country. Does that mean your going to leave the country? No. The same way it's not my fault a scumbag is in charge of a fast food place I eat at once every other month. Don't sit here and try to twist my words and paint me as a bigot because I dont give two fucks about some piece of shit in a business suit that runs a fastfood company.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
And a lot of people like Chick-fil-A because of its anti-LGBT views.

Pay attention to what's being said, mAAd.
Those people like chick fila because of the food, speed, and service, just like everybody else.

Their anti views is a nice bonus but low on the rung. CFA could be extremely progressive overall, and those religious fundamentalists would still eat there. I know because...everybody, regardless of views, still eats there.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017

For fuck's sake.

Thank you kind sir.

Oct 25, 2017
Those people like chick fila because of the food, speed, and service, just like everybody else.

Their anti views is a nice bonus but low on the rung. CFA could be extremely progressive overall, and those religious fundamentalists would still eat there. I know because...everybody, regardless of views, still eats there.

"It's popular with everyone"

"It's very popular because the CEO is hateful"

These are not mutually exclusive, and it's really weird why someone would argue that an organization that has been put in the forefront of the religious rights movement is successful for reasons that have little to do with something that significant.

Did you even read her post

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Chick-Fil-A sucks, and I guarantee you can find way better fried chicken from local restaurants if you just look for it.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
LOL Oh yes, I'm furious!! Coming from the person with childish responses such as " Let the adults converse" and " you mad?" in a freaking Chick -fil-a thread. Explain how I "rationalized bigotry", something that you still havent done yet. Go on. I'll quote my own unedited post to help you:

Me rationalizing bigotry would be me saying " hey look, he's a actually a nice guy, means well and employs gay people! So what if he doesn't like gay people though!! At least he's not as bad as Trump!!".

I flat out said he has crappy views. Views that I obviously don't agree with. Guess what, everywhere you go, shop at, eat at, etc... is going to have people like that CEO that do terrible things that you dont like. EVERYWHERE. Hell, if you live in the US that means Donald freaking Trump is your president, whether you like it or not. Doesn't mean you voted for him, support him, like his views, or even like him as a person. It's not your fault a shit person is running this country. Does that mean your going to leave the country? No. The same way it's not my fault a scumbag is in charge of a fast food place I eat at once every other month. Don't sit here and try to twist my words and paint me as a bigot because I dont give two fucks about some piece of shit in a business suit that runs a fastfood company.
Are you seriously going to try and compare having a president who you didn't vote for to buying a chicken sandwich, something you have absolute control over?Lol. That is some analogy.

Your rationalization comes from "100% agree. Its kinda embarrassing to see so many people here pretend they don't consume any product with questionable business practices."

Nobody pretended anything of the sort except what you made up in your head.

Then "Chik fil a has top notch service, great food, and everyone that works there seems to be happy. Hard to not go there even if some CEO that i will never meet or see has some crappy views."

You come into a thread knowing it's going to be heated, where people are bringing up why they don't eat there, just so you can tell us that they have great food and customer service and that is why you WILL eat there and you don't see that as rationalizing? Wow.

Jul 26, 2018
No idea how people can hate the taste of their delicious sandwiches. I have to admit it's my favorite fast food atm. Good food, their service is always on point, next to my work, their drive thru wait time is really short, etc.

For lunch, 2 spicy chicken sandwiches with large fries and a milkshake. Dip the food in their sweet saracha sauce.

Breakfast, 1 chicken burrito, 10 piece of chick fil it minis, and large fries.

I just love it... I enjoy Popeyes but their service is just absolutely TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! EVERY TIME I always go there, they ALWAYS get my ORDER WRONG! EVERY SINGLE DAM TIME!

"sorry... we are out of mild chicken". Ok... so.... what else should I eat? Spicy? Alright that's a 30 min wait".

"mam... I ordered apple pie".

"sorry... we will give it to you" "here you go"

*checks order again*

THERE'S NO FUCKING APPLE PIE INSIDE THE DAM APPLE PIE BOX WTF IS THIS?!?!?!. Yea... their service is that bad XD. This happened to my buddy btw.

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
This thread is making me crave a spicy chicken sandwich from CFA. I might have to head over there and grab one tomorrow 😂

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon might treat their employees like shit but what they offer is unparalleled. CFA is fast food chicken. It's a commodity. It's hardly even an inconvenience to just not eat there.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Miss, please.

There is absolutely some "They hate [epithet] so I love them" people. I don't know if it's the majority, but I *do* know they get a surge of people whenever they're in the news for their bigotry, and those people? For sure complete fuckwads.

So it's quite understandable why people wouldn't give their money to them, and also understandable why some would loathe people that do -- because at this point, Chik-fil-A is almost synonymous with bigotry. All the legitimate reasons in the world don't matter once it gets to that point, you're still going to be looked at with at *least* a sideeye. It's not unreasonable to do so in a case like this, because it's not about the legitimate reasons to eat there, it's the fact that it's blatant, open, bigotry, rubbed in our faces by people in power, and rationalizing it by patronizing them seems like tacit approval.

Where I don't think we can really go that far with it, this is the reasoning behind the entire thread's worth of arguments, and no amount of bringing up legitimate points is going to change the fact that yeah, Chik-fil-A is some awful people in charge, and yeah, it can be a very raw point when people appear to have tacit support of them because they like their product.

It's not something we have to get SO heated over, but it is a place where we can actually understand why people feel the way they do, and that'd ultimately be a good thing in the long run. Maybe you decide that despite the good customer service, it's not worth it for the executive board to be bigots, and maybe you don't want to support them anymore. Maybe you'll do it less. Maybe you'll want to help change it.

But none of that happens when we plant our feet and say people are awful because they like the food, or must be hiding bigoted views because they refuse to boycott. That's for people that like pineapple on pizza. The heathens.

Oct 25, 2017
Their chicken is rather basic, but the thing is it is consistent. The restaurants are hella clean and the service is exceptional, i.e I eat their. I'm sorry.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
They aren't saying that the only contingency who swears by them is religious fundamentalists.
They kind of are. They say it is primarily because of religious fundamentalists. I bet the number of people who eat there to "spite the libs" doesn't amount to much at all. Most just eat there because it is good food, and because like In N Out in California, is something they grew up with. Sure people show up when they come up in the news but they do that for a week at most. People come back for the food and service, not because they are Christian, not solely.

Oct 25, 2017
They kind of are. They say it is primarily because of religious fundamentalists. I bet the number of people who eat there to "spite the libs" doesn't amount to much at all. Most just eat there because it is good food, and because like In N Out in California, is something they grew up with. Sure people show up when they come up in the news but they do that for a week at most. People come back for the food and service, not because they are Christian, not solely.

It's not just spiting the libs, it's also supporting businesses that match their morals.

And yes, no one has said "only Christians eat there." If you want to think that original post was, then... *shrug* lol

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I was fed it once at a business function in Texas and it was whatever. It's fucking chicken -- eat some popeyes or something. No reason to support that company

it's not about the CEO's (COO actually) personal views. It's about the company's actions
Popeyes is not even on the same level as Chick-fil-a

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
I bet most of the posters hating on people who eat at CFA use Amazon on the daily lmao

giphy0037dac52c48f42e.gif

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Your rationalization comes from "100% agree. Its kinda embarrassing to see so many people here pretend they don't consume any product with questionable business practices."

So yeah, you still cant come up with a real response.

Nobody pretended anything of the sort except what you made up in your head.

People like you coming into this thread and being flabbergasted and outraged that people like Chik- fil -a food, all while posting on a video game forum dedicated to an industry that has had plenty of homophobia, racism, bigotry, and sexism through its history, is a perfect example of pretending your not some hypocrite, when in fact you are.
You come into a thread knowing it's going to be heated, where people are bringing up why they don't eat there, just so you can tell us that they have great food and customer service and that is why you WILL eat there and you don't see that as rationalizing? Wow.

YOU come into a thread that has nothing to do with what your arguing about ( This thread is about it being voted number one thanks to people being statfied with its service, not about it's CEO's views), attempt to demonize people that eat there and get angry when people call you out for being a hypocrite.

Oct 25, 2017
That Chick-fil-A's popularity has no basis in the CEO's views is an interesting take considering how prominent Chick-fil-A is in the discussion on religious liberties.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, you still cant come up with a real response.

People like you coming into this thread and being flabbergasted and outraged that people like Chik- fil -a food, all while posting on a video game forum dedicated to an industry that has had plenty of homophobia, racism, bigotry, and sexism through its history, is a perfect example of pretending your not some hypocrite, when in fact you are.

YOU come into a thread that has nothing to do with what your arguing about ( This thread is about it being voted number one thanks to people being statfied with its service, not about it's CEO's views), attempt to demonize people that eat there and get angry when people call you out for being a hypocrite.
*Yawn*
More rationalization, and making things up. You're not really good at this. I point out your rationalization and you put your fingers in your ear and go "nuh-uh". That's really kind of pathetic actually. lol

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
This comparison is always weird because Amazon is a more difficult entity to avoid, and also because the reason people dislike Chick-fil-A was because the owner is actively malicious.

So you're okay with supporting Amazon and their horrendous working conditions because it would be a huge inconvenience to you if didn't shop there. Gotchu fam.

And you don't think Jeff Bezos is actively malicious towards his employees? Are you serious? lol

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
That Chick-fil-A's popularity has no basis in the CEO's views is an interesting take considering how prominent Chick-fil-A is in the discussion on religious liberties.
I wouldn't say absolutely no basis, but their popularity exploded long before any of this stuff started coming out. They've been causing traffic jams in my city for well over a decade.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I like their food, but I no longer support them due to the social policies of their leadership.

I go maybe once a year and they're right down the street from me.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*Yawn*
More rationalization, and making things up. You're not really good at this. I point out your rationalization and you put your fingers in your ear and go "nuh-uh". That's really kind of pathetic actually. lol
So once again, you cant come up with any argument and try to play it off. Your just sitting here waiting for someone else to argue for you and then say "Ah ha!". It's time for you to go to bed and in your words, " let the adults converse".

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (A day): Trolling and antagonizing another member over a series of posts.
So once again, you cant come up with any argument and try to play it off. Your just sitting here waiting for someone else to argue for you and then say "Ah ha!". It's time for you to go to bed and in your words, " let the adults converse".
Boy, that line really bugged you, didn't it. lol

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism. We each have to decice which corporations we're willing to give our money to and the tiny sacrifices we're willing to make. If you want to help the environment by making the tiny sacrifice to swear off beef, you're damning LGBT folk by supporting an all chicken establishment like Chik Fil-A.

Everyone has to make their own individual determinations as they weigh the balance of every purchase or website click.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boy, that line really bugged you, didn't it. lol
You really are terrible at trolling and going by some of your other posts, you really are young. You've posted more in this thread than anyone else. It's obvious this thread is getting to you. Time for you to take a break. A Chik-Fil-A thread isnt worth getting banned over.