• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Surprise surprise. The people that own and are profiting from Chick-Fil-A are shit people.

I don't go to Chick-Fil-A.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I mean, I refuse to eat at Chick-fil-A because it's overrated garbage food but then being bigoted cunts also makes it easy not to eat there. Support your local chicken restaurants, the quality is a million times better and you're supporting local families.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I still do like their food, but I haven't eaten there since like 2017 and I'll continue not to. Helps that there isn't a location that's convenient for me, I'd have to go well out of my way to eat them.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, for an organization that claims to espouse "Christian family values" they sure do seem to fucking lie a lot.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
They have a food truck that comes to my work, which is fucking weird for a large chain. Its meh. The nuggets were eh and fries didn't really do it for me. The sauce does slap, but I found a bottle at Walmart, so I never need to go to one.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Another proof that 'billionaire charity' instead of taxes is a terrible thing.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, I always forget where Jesus went up on the hill, raised up his arms, and declared "Love thy neighbor, unless they are anything other than straight white men"

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
188912173_336248094534224_5492806564338084658_n.png

Might as well be a real ad.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And posters will still stan them in the next chicken sando poll thread.
How good the chicken tastes is in no way correlated to how awful the people running the business are
Imagine still eating CFA in a post-Popeye's Chicken Sandwich world. Imagine living that life.
My only weakness is the Chicken Biscuit. I exclusively have only eaten there for that, which is only available before 10:30am so it's not often.

I guess i should finally give it up, though.

A shame, because one thing I'll say about Chic Fil A is that all the people I've interacted with who work there at every location I've been to have been some of the nicest people I've encountered at any fast food joint

Last edited:

NuncaBob

Dec 2, 2020
Eorzea
We drove past a Chic-Fil-A last night and my son asked me about their support for anti-LGBTQ causes. We then had a long discussion about it. The founder, Truett Cathy, spoke at my high school many years ago. Not far from where I went to high school, the company funded a summer camp that was long rumored to have a section that was for conversion therapy.

I'm not surprised they are still at it with their bullshit. The one we drove by was absolutely packed with people and cars. It's closing down for remodeling and all the folks in town have been slamming it for weeks.

I get that it's hard to go through life only spending money at places that aren't doing evil shit in the world. But, this one is a no brainer. The food ain't that good and every other place in town has a chicken sandwich now.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
Burger King gets shit on around here a lot, but I agree. Their new hand breaded spicy chicken sandwich is quite good. KFC also recently released new chicken sandwiches that aren't half bad either.
Absolutely. Point is there are solid alternatives to CFA these days. People should consider it.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
CFA is the easiest thing to boycott anyway.

Fuck off if you think I'm gonna wait in a 30-minute line that wraps around the building for your stupid chicken.

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
No matter how good their chicken is, the fake smiles and friendly hospitality is something out of horror movies

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
CFA is the easiest thing to boycott anyway.

Fuck off if you think I'm gonna wait in a 30-minute line that wraps around the building for your stupid chicken.

Yeah, the one near me has a long line almost all day, every single day (except Sunday of course). Sadly I guess that means there's not much impact from the boycotts. Apart from the people who just openly admit they don't care about the bigotry, there also have to be a lot of hypocrites out there to keep them that busy.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Horrible people continue to do horrible things. Mildest of shock. Easiest place not to eat at.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
Wow, for an organization that claims to espouse "Christian family values" they sure do seem to fucking lie a lot.

A large number of money-driven churches outright say that it's a good thing to lie to non-Christian OR to lie in furtherance of the Lord's work. Fucking prosperity gospel got'em again.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention has "worked tirelessly" to defeat the Equality Act, saying, "This bill would substantially undermine religious liberty protections in the United States." The conservative Heritage Foundation announced, "A federal sexual orientation and gender identity law would empower the government to interfere in how regular Americans think, speak, and act at home, at school, at work and at play. Any bill promoting such authoritarianism is a danger to our freedoms."
Christian religions justify their homophobia by making it sound like they're the victims. "A danger to our freedoms."
GTFO. To them, how "regular" Americans think, speak, and act at home, at school, at work and at play, ABSOLUTELY MUST include homophobia or it's THEIR freedoms that are in danger.
Disgusting.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. Point is there are solid alternatives to CFA these days. People should consider it.
There is no good alternative to the breakfast chicken biscuit. I've tried them all, if they are available. Dry-ass chicken and, crucially, dry-ass biscuit. It's also only like $2.70. The Hardees chicken biscuit is almost $5 god damn dollars

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Derailing a thread about bigotry with tone-deaf off-topic commentary. Multiple previous serious infractions.
I know they have their little minis with large orders.
In the morning they have these really thick, moist, fluffy biscuits that are honestly the best fast food biscuits I've eaten. The chicken filet is a little smaller than the sandwich filet but not as small as the minis.
57bca702db5ce950008b86f4

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Chicken Sandwich War has people acting like dumped lovers.

"And he was an asshole! Couldnt satisfy me ever anyways!"

Why is it that rich "Christians" are always the most hateful?

I've never been to a CFA, and never will.
Plus I can get my fried chicken sammich fix at Shake Shack.

Betsy DeVos gives it away: its about power. Everything from Citizens United to Leonard Leo's slush fund to the dark bargain between fundies and organized crime is about this ability to manipulate the sociopolitical arc away from the natural inclinations of the populace and eficacy of policy to their extremist desires to create a NeoFeudalism (no joke).

www.barnesandnoble.com

Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right|Hardcover

Why is America living in an age of profound economic inequality? Why, despite the desperate need to address climate change, have even modest environmental efforts been defeated again and again? Why have protections for employees been decimated? Why do hedge-fund billionaires pay a far lower tax...

www.theguardian.com

Why the DeVos family's backing of the Michigan protests is no surprise

The Trump-supporting education secretary and her billionaire family have for years promoted rightwing causes and candidates

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
In the morning they have these really thick, moist, fluffy biscuits that are honestly the best fast food biscuits I've eaten. The chicken filet is a little smaller than the sandwich filet but not as small as the minis.
Oh, you're talking buttmilk biscuits and not their minis. Yeah you are right, especially when you find a spicy biscuit it's unparalleled.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Lord the one in LA is so dirty...

I actually think that's a staple of Popeyes. I'm just hopeful that one day they'll commit to having mean employees and it just becomes a bit. When I get my sandwich, I want to hear that "have a blessed day" in the same tone I'd hear a "fuck you", haha.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
I actually think that's a staple of Popeyes. I'm just hopeful that one day they'll commit to having mean employees and it just becomes a bit. When I get my sandwich, I want to hear that "have a blessed day" in the same tone I'd hear a "fuck you", haha.
I went to USC and the one by campus on the edge of South Central had bullet proof glass installed my last semester. Kickass staff, had a good attitude about it.

Oct 29, 2017
Never touched the shit since my dad worked there in 04. Keep your eyes peeled for the other businesses that do this shit in the dark. It's not just chick fil a

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
I mean, Hardees has a good Chicken sandwich contender. I haven't tried KFC's yet, but I hear it's pretty good.

I did try Zaxby's the other day, and while it was tender in the middle, it lacked that "crunch". Anyway, there are some good options outside of Shit-Fil-a.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Wow, chik-fil-a is still doing the horrible things everyone said they were doing since forever. Just stop giving them business.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Fuck CFA, I haven't given them a cent in years. It makes my skin crawl, the place near me is always jam packed.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I know they have their little minis with large orders.

Can we fucking not discuss their menu options in a thread about them using profits to deny LGBTQ+ people civil rights during fucking PRIDE month?