• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Raising Canes is amazing but I don't see how anyone could consider that similar to Chick-fil-A. Canes doesn't offer even half the variety.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
An absolutely disgusting slight to people who want to support a homophobic restaurant chain. I thought this was America!

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I made a conscious effort to stop going there after this last wave of news about their actions. I just wish I had more good fast food chicken sandwiches near me. Popeyes and KFC are pretty shit. Wendy's has an okay chicken sandwich. Ruby Tuesday's is pretty good but mine has like a 30 minute wait if you order for pickup.
I dont even have a Popeyes

yet I have 3 Chick-fil-a's near me

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All you guys need is Bojangles and Pop Eyes for your chicken needs. I don't even know what this Something Cane place is.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Those look like the frozen crinkle fries you can buy anywhere that taste like shit
Crinkle cuts can be done well (see: Shake Shack).
All you guys need is Bojangles and Pop Eyes for your chicken needs. I don't even know what this Something Cane place is.
As long as you're not talking about the Bojangles of the DC area, which might as well be food poisoning on a plastic tray. They're pretty good as long as you're at around the Virginia/NC border or points south.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Raising Canes is amazing but I don't see how anyone could consider that similar to Chick-fil-A. Canes doesn't offer even half the variety.

Exactly. Rasing Canes, Zaxbys, Popeyes, all that shit isn't the same. There's a reason Chick-fil-A is popular. It's simple, arguably cheaper, better quality and has massive variety. Plus the staff is amazing.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Exactly. Rasing Canes, Zaxbys, Popeyes, all that shit isn't the same. There's a reason Chick-fil-A is popular. It's simple, arguably cheaper, better quality and has massive variety. Plus the staff is amazing.
No other chicken QSR has been able to replicate the batter CFA uses. All I know is that they cook the chicken in peanut oil and some pickle juice

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Hopefully a sign of more things to come. It is simultaneously bizarre and disheartening to me to see how many people I know that have adopted this fast food chain as a goddam lifestyle brand due precisely to the bigoted way they choose to spend their money. The fact that the only way these individuals can feel like martyrs in American society is to blindly back a soulless fast-food corporation would be hilarious if it wasn't so infuriating.

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who lives in SA, I love that they're putting smaller local businesses in place like The Luxury, Boss Bagels; etc

Much better than another CFA. The right wingers in town are going crazy over this and Brockhouse is trying to use it to cover up his recent two spousal abuse allegations in his mayoral campaign

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Every time I see the name "Raising Canes" I think of that song that the Numa Numa video is set to because it has a lyric that sounds so similar to "raising canes".

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone with an objective viewpoint who can actually admit Chick-Fil-A's food isn't nasty give me a comparison to Raising Cane's? They built one here recently, and I walked in and walked right back ut because the strips looked super dry and dark. The fries looked like some ore-ida nonsense too.

Are they really better or comparable to CFA?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes is an overrated, overpriced garbage that is full of grease.

I'm sure there's better out in the world but in new england Popeyes is above and beyond better than the alternatives. Popeyes at least has flavor and isn't slimy like KFC.

Anyway, as for the real discussion at hand, glad to see the trend continue. Would love nothing more than see Chick-Fil-A close.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone with an objective viewpoint who can actually admit Chick-Fil-A's food isn't nasty give me a comparison to Raising Cane's? They built one here recently, and I walked in and walked right back ut because the strips looked super dry and dark. The fries looked like some ore-ida nonsense too.

honestly that's been my experience with cane's every time i've been

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
RAW_hot-chicken.jpg

It's legit.. i know they just shake this shit in sauce and charge extra.. I don't care.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I never said it's nasty...just not something I go crazy about where I want to visit all the time. Why is that place packed all the time? I don't get it.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I can appreciate you guys trying to promote alternatives to CFA but every time I've tried Raising Cane's it was the blandest chicken I had ever tasted. I am utterly baffled that people like it at all much less with the fervor presented in threads like these.

People will shill for mediocre chicken over supporting homophobia is all. Raising Cane's is a piss-poor representation of the kind of food Louisiana can pump out.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo native here! Really happy to see this and I hope it becomes a trend. It's up to us to fight back.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

Raising Cane's isn't remotely as good as CFA, but it's also not a homophobic trash organization so it'll do in a pinch. Ideally CFA would stop inserting its owners' pathetic, bigoted religious garbage into its official policies and donations, but I figure this is just going to cause management to triple down on this shit.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your money is not going to a homophobic establishment.

I think I said as much? That's literally the only reason it's brought up in these CFA threads.

If my choice is no chicken or Raising Cane's I'll take no chicken. But if bland chicken makes them "GOAT" then ... ok, I got nothing for any of you.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I wonder where all those "your boycotts won't do anything so I'll keep eating there" folks are now? Probably still pretending to be pro-LGBT while promoting that homophobic restaurant.
"That's it! I'm boycotting air travel until they bring mah chicken back! I'll take trains everywhere now!"

*stuffs mouth full of shitty, overpriced chicken*

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly. Rasing Canes, Zaxbys, Popeyes, all that shit isn't the same.
I've said something similar before. The chicken in Chick-fil-A sandwiches and tenders is technically fried but I've never considered any of the fried chicken places and it to be competitors. I've never heard anyone where I'm at say they are in the mood for fried chicken and then have CFA be suggested in response; it's always Popeye's, KFC, Zaxby's, Bojangles's, or some local non-chain place that gets recommended. Chick-fil-A is kind of its own separate category to anyone I know that still eats there.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I think I said as much? That's literally the only reason it's brought up in these CFA threads.

If my choice is no chicken or Raising Cane's I'll take no chicken. But if bland chicken makes them "GOAT" then ... ok, I got nothing for any of you.
I mean yeah it's not any good lol haven't ate in one in years. But at least it's not homophobic. I would eat there just to spite CFA