• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
…for promoting National Sandwich Day.
Which occurs on a Sunday.
When they're closed.

Because apparently, that's enough to make Baby Jesus cry, or... something?

Oh, did you click on this thread thinking maybe they apologized because of their history of horrific anti-LGBT promotion?

eeb9e5d06e28c4086ca8423cc25d3d56.jpg

Chick-fil-A fans firmly have it ingrained in their minds – and stomachs – that the chicken chain is closed on Sundays.

But the Atlanta-based fast-food chain apparently forgot when it sent an email to some of its loyalty members this week.

"Calling all sandwich lovers," the email that also promoted the Chick-fil-A One program said, "Some prefer it grilled, others fancy the original. No matter which Chick-fil-A sandwich you love, order yours on November 3 for National Sandwich Day."

This year, the made-up food holiday held annually on Nov. 3 falls on a Sunday, which also happens to be the day that rival Popeyes' chicken sandwich – the one that prompted this summer's Chicken Sandwich War – returns to restaurants.

Another e-mail followed Thursday... "We recently sent an email that included a message about National Sandwich Day, which naturally we were very excited about," the email reads. "We didn't realize it falls on Sunday when we are closed. We apologize for the confusion and hope to see you soon (Monday-Saturday)."

Though Popeyes poked fun at the policy, Kanye West recently rapped about it in a song on his new album Jesus Is King called "Closed on Sunday."

"Closed on Sunday /
You my Chick-fil-A /
Hold the selfies /
Put the 'gram away /
Get your family /
Now hold hands and pray,"

West, 42, raps in the song.

More at the link. Cancel Kanye West for... whatever the hell that trash is, if old.

Last edited by a moderator:

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chick fil A closing on sundays pisses me off. It's the one day Inhave time to go to one but they are closed.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Easy lifetime boycott. Its a fucking chicken sandwich. Ive tried them three times and its definitely not mindblowing that I have to throw away my morals.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
What else is there to say other than Chick Fil A is a shitty company that is thriving because there are a lot of shitty people in this country to prop it up? I could say Kanye is a piece of shit, but we've already said that too.

I guess I'll just say that the LGBT community deserves better than what they're getting. That's been said, but it bears repeating.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Considering how expanded they are nationwide, I'm sure they would clearly benefit a lot more cutting ties to homophobic organizations

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I've been dropping the ball on pranking people to eat free chicken sandwiches at chik fil a on sunday.