• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
He's serving a 40-game suspension next year for domestic violence.

Deadspin said:
fun fact of my journey: about 3 years ago from today I was paid a portion of my child support in quarters and single dollar bills. About $600 total that I had to pack up and fly back home with. I remember being so confused how a family whom I genuinely cared about, could "love" Mila and I so much could sit back and stay silent. An event I forgave them for but have never forgot. That same trip I vividly remember shopping in toys r us for a Christmas gift for Mila's little brother when I received a text message stating that my daughter smelled like "musk" and "dog poop" among other things as a result of my care. This event triggered my first anxiety attack which have only been increasing throughout the years. I called my moms best friend, I sat there and balled my eyes out and told myself I'd pick up my daughter & take the next flight out. We just kept talking to god and praying until I got everything out.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
God they need to get the fuck rid of this scumbag. You already tarnished the one World Series in 108 years with Aroldis Chapman, don't let another title shot have the caveat of supporting some maladjusted weak-hitting petty child who will spend money on Pokémon cards as a grown ass adult but won't pay child support on time or keep his dick in his pants.

Oct 27, 2017
So 3 years ago while watching his kid he said she smelled like dog poop?

That's not a personal attack, that's a valid observation.

The coin thing seems petty, but he paid and it sounds like an isolated incident?

Oct 27, 2017
God they need to get the fuck rid of this scumbag. You already tarnished the one World Series in 108 years with Aroldis Chapman, don't let another title shot have the caveat of supporting some maladjusted weak-hitting petty child who will spend money on Pokémon cards as a grown ass adult but won't pay child support on time or keep his dick in his pants.

Where does it say he didn't pay? That'd be a bigger issue. And who cares if he buys pokemon cards? What a strange thing to attack someone for. $300,000 sports car? Yes, manly, valid. Few grand on pokemon cards? GROW UP MAN BABY LOSER.

Strange.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Where does it say he didn't pay? That'd be a bigger issue. And who cares if he buys pokemon cards? What a strange thing to attack someone for. $300,000 sports car? Yes, manly, valid. Few grand on pokemon cards? GROW UP MAN BABY LOSER.

Strange.
What's strange is you defending a domestic abuser being an asshole.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
What an asshole move. As child of divorced parents, had my Dad paid my mother $600 in quarters, my Mom would be in jail for beating him to death with $600 in quarters in a sock.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

Strange.
The point is he is a terrible person.
hqdefault.jpg

Oct 27, 2017

?

Kids smell weird sometimes. Maybe the kid got ahold of something?

I find it best not to take a side on petty domestic stuff. If he was abusive or wasn't paying, that's different. This is one side of a small domestic dispute from years in the past.

The point is he is a terrible person.

Ok. That might be true, I just dont see evidence of it here. I see one side airing a minor beef from the past.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Strange.
Lol

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's a trash human being and the Cubs are a trash organization for shielding him. Fuck them both.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
?

I find it best not to take a side on petty domestic stuff. If he was abusive or wasn't paying, that's different. This is one side of a small domestic dispute from years in the past.
Imagine defending someone in multiple posts without even reading the OP.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
?

It's literally at the top of the OP that he's serving a 40 game suspension for violating the domestic violence policy.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone post bullet points of this situation so I can make an informed hot take?

Oct 27, 2017
would you just go around telling your kid they smell like dog poop? that's messed up

If they smelled like dog poop of course I would. If my kid was dropped off to me and smelled like any form of shit I'd inquire. Wouldn't you?

It's literally at the top of the OP that he's serving a 40 game suspension for violating the domestic violence policy.

Yeah I read the title, the tweets, and the posts. Missed that first sentence though. All of which are completely irrelevant to the real story. Which is that he beat his previous partner. Which yes, makes him trash.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
A responsible adult would give their kid a bath if they smelled, not bitch about it to their other parent. Young kids have accidents that they're embarrassed about, try to hide, and come home smelling pretty rank. So guess what? You give them a bath and move on with your life, not point at your kid and tell them they smell. If they're old enough they already know, so don't be a POS by making them feel worse about it.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Strange.
It's ok if you have Pokémon cards. No one is lumping you in with a scumbag. You don't need to defend the scumbag... unless you also have a kid you neglect while making life for your ex as difficult as possible. In which case, stop being a scumbag.

If they smelled like dog poop of course I would. If my kid was dropped off to me and smelled like any form of shit I'd inquire. Wouldn't you?
I'd probably assume that my kid shit their diaper/pants and bathe them, not try to use ultra scent detective powers to specify what type of feces I suspected it was.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see one side airing a minor beef from the past.

"This event triggered my first anxiety attack which have only been increasing throughout the years. I called my moms best friend, I sat there and balled my eyes out and told myself I'd pick up my daughter & take the next flight out. We just kept talking to god and praying until I got everything out."

"Minor beef."

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
kinda feel it's wrong for parents to post stuff like this, it kind of invades the child's right to privacy. I imagine the kids at school when she's older taunting her.

Oct 27, 2017
It's ok if you have Pokémon cards. No one is lumping you in with a scumbag. You don't need to defend the scumbag... unless you also have a kid you neglect while making life for your ex as difficult as possible. In which case, stop being a scumbag.

I dont. It just seemed irrelevant, and a strange thing to attack a millionaire about? Seemed a fairly toxic sentiment on a video game board lol.

And, if the kid is young, it's not mean to tell them they stink. It's super common, they dont take it personally, and it's a strangely large part of parenting (stay at home dad to 2 kids, 5 and 3).

"This event triggered my first anxiety attack which have only been increasing throughout the years. I called my moms best friend, I sat there and balled my eyes out and told myself I'd pick up my daughter & take the next flight out. We just kept talking to god and praying until I got everything out."

"Minor beef."

Yeah, that is a minor beef, with an intense response caused by an anxiety condition of some form, no?

The severity of the infraction is not judged by the response.

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah, that is a minor beef, with an intense response caused by an anxiety condition of some form, no?

If I pushed you and you happened to fall into traffic and get killed by an oncoming car, I shouldn't be charged with manslaughter because a simple push isn't all that bad, right? By this logic, at least.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

I dont. It just seemed irrelevant, and a strange thing to attack a millionaire about? Seemed a fairly toxic sentiment on a video game board lol.

And, if the kid is young, it's not mean to tell them they stink. It's super common, they dont take it personally, and it's a strangely large part of parenting (stay at home dad to 2 kids, 5 and 3).

I'm not understanding why you're so hung up on this.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, missed that! That's the whole story here, not this Instagram coin pokemon card nonsense lol.

Trash confirmed lol
Thanks for apologizing for going off when you didn't know what you were talking about and didn't even have the bare minimum context of the situation! It's much appreciated

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Thread derailment, disruptive posting.
yeah sure, but I'm not going to be blunt enough with a kid to say they smell like dog poop

If I pushed you and you happened to fall into traffic and get killed by an oncoming car, I shouldn't be charged with manslaughter because a simple push isn't all that bad, right? By this logic, at least.

What? No, not at all. Try this one: I call you short. It bothers you a great deal, you commit suicide. Should I be held responsible? I would say no, and that the underlying mental condition should be held at fault, not either individual.

A push into traffic is murder. Something benign/mildly insulting being met with extreme emotional over response is a sign of a mental illness.

I'm not understanding why you're so hung up on this.

I'm not? I think this is a non story, and amounts to one sided gossip. The abuse he got suspended for however, that's another story. Sounds like he shouldn't be in the league, but athletes are never punished as severely as i wish they would be for DV. Main reason i stopped watching NFL years ago.
Thanks for apologizing for going off when you didn't know what you were talking about and didn't even have the bare minimum context of the situation! It's much appreciated

Not a problem! The abuse is the story. This other stuff is nothing. Paying in change is dickish, but nothing to attack someone over. Bank takes it just the same lol.

Missing that first line, and just reading what this thread covered, absolutely changed context. Went from looking like a weird non story to understanding it was piling on a trashball.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Not a problem! The abuse is the story. This other stuff is nothing. Paying in change is dickish, but nothing to attack someone over. Bank takes it just the same lol.

I say this as a survivor of abuse. The "benign" actions are absolutely part of the cycle of abuse. In a different context they may be simply petty or rude, but certainly in the context of a domestic abuser they paint a picture of an emotional as well as physical abuser.

My abusive ex would absolutely do both of those kinds of things solely to hurt me. It ain't okay.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama

The coin thing seems petty, but he paid and it sounds like an isolated incident?
So you give her a bath it's your daughter? Do you ppl not think when you post this ish? Like come on man

And

I doubt it's a one off thing

Oct 27, 2017
I say this as a survivor of abuse. The "benign" actions are absolutely part of the cycle of abuse. In a different context they may be simply petty or rude, but certainly in the context of a domestic abuser they paint a picture of an emotional as well as physical abuser.

My abusive ex would absolutely do both of those kinds of things solely to hurt me. It ain't okay.

Yes, we know he is a physical and emotional abuser from the story he got suspended for. He did not (and would not) get suspended for paying in change, or saying a child smelled like poop. Still a dick move on the change though for sure.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
cubs having this PR shit bag resigned is fucking glorious...........idiots

how the fuck you defended him and then resign him blows my mind.......wait...........chapman was a thing.........this organization loves wife beaters

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Sports teams flat out don't think its their job to police this shit, while the head league offices are dragging them kicking and screaming into the 21st century only after immense public pressure. Those sports teams have a lot of fans who also don't give a fuck and its all about what you've done the field lately.

Sports are fun but have no imperative to be good citizens. Go in with the mindset that they're all useless hypocrites if you want to follow these teams or pull back and do something else. My interest has certainly gone down a great deal from 2011-2012,

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, we know he is a physical and emotional abuser from the story he got suspended for. He did not (and would not) get suspended for paying in change, or saying a child smelled like poop. Still a dick move on the change though for sure.
Are you a huge Cubs/Addison Russell fan or something?

I like the Cubs too, but you're bending over backwards here.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
cubs having this PR shit bag resigned is fucking glorious...........idiots

how the fuck you defended him and then resign him blows my mind.......wait...........chapman was a thing.........this organization loves wife beaters

Chicago sports teams need to get in line behind NY sports teams on this, as we've got chapman, familia, the mets has reyes last year, giants shielded that kicker guy on and on and on and on

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What the Fuck? Ummm... He's a professional baseball player. This is his daughter. What kind of person says that about this own daughter? How about you increase your child support so the mother can take care of the kid. $600 A month isn't anything to write home about considering how much he makes.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Sports teams flat out don't think its their job to police this shit, while the head league offices are dragging them kicking and screaming into the 21st century only after immense public pressure. Those sports teams have a lot of fans who also don't give a fuck and its all about what you've done the field lately.

Sports are fun but have no imperative to be good citizens. Go in with the mindset that they're all useless hypocrites if you want to follow these teams or pull back and do something else. My interest has certainly gone down a great deal from 2011-2012,
That's the thing though, there's a market incentive to do better. The NBA is the most popular American sports league right now and that's due in part to the league's embrace of more progressive policies. Meanwhile the average baseball fan is 112 years old, male, and whiter than a ghost with vitiligo. And when people who could grow their audience go "hey, I'd love to be a fan but could you fire that abusive dude?" Their response is "uh but he said he's sorry."

Mar 10, 2018
What a dumbass hill to die on Nicktals

Paying $600 in change to the mother of your child, and claiming that said child smells like dogshit due to the supposed incompetent care of her mother are asshole moves, no matter how you slice it.

Stop defending an abuser.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
That's the thing though, there's a market incentive to do better. The NBA is the most popular American sports league right now and that's due in part to the league's embrace of more progressive policies. Meanwhile the average baseball fan is 112 years old, male, and whiter than a ghost with vitiligo. And when people who could grow their audience go "hey, I'd love to be a fan but could you fire that abusive dude?" Their response is "uh but he said he's sorry."

You're right on baseball, although the games themselves are only bearable when you listen to them while doing stuff :/ . NBA has a more watchable product with bigger stars. The progressive policies draw in some, sure, but there are plenty of racist dickheads who don't watch the NBA for "reasons" (they're all black, the horror). Progressive policies aren't winning those people over.

NFL proves that no one gives a fuck, damn league is Teflon. The kareem hunt assault, who know what when, did anyone investigate, who swept it under the rug is all old news already. When was the last time you heard about it? Three weeks ago?

Oct 26, 2017
Only a dumbass would make the argument that paying $600 in quarters constitutes "paying."

We all know what kind of message he was trying to send.

Oct 31, 2017
How to derail a thread 101

Cubs are probably still going to roll with him because of his glove. He's already regressing at the plate.