• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Kickstarter Page

8189435558d40a8c1e56d06c879b45e1_original.gif

The campaign is to fund larger environments (the world is made up of multiple large zones) for the game which will require more trips to the real-life Exclusion Zone for 3D scanning. I've posted my impressions of the gameplay demo that was shown off at PAX East last month if your curious about hands-on, but the campaign page itself covers things in a lot more detail.

Uncover the dark secret
April 26th, 1:23 AM Ukrainian time, 1986. The day when Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe happened and the life of 350,000 people changed forever. At the time you were just a young, passionate, naive physicist working at the facility. And like many, you've lost what was most dear to you – your girlfriend.

30 years later you're still struggling with the demons of the past. So to finally put them to rest, you are getting back to what's now called the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

Key Features
  • Collaborate or compete with other stalkers you meet in the Zone, but whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember – everybody has a hidden agenda. Always.
  • Face and survive natural and supernatural threats.
  • Immerse yourself in the thrilling non-linear science-fiction horror story.
  • Make good use of your character's knowledge to craft your equipment, manage your supplies and arrange your stalker's base.
  • Investigate and collect data with sophisticated environment and substance analyzing tools.
  • Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

• April 2019 - Launch the Kickstarter campaign and finalize the content plan for the project.
  • May 2019 - Deliver the exclusive game demo for our backers (1-2 hours of gameplay).
  • May 2019-September 2019 - Gather and implement feedback from people playing our demo.
  • October 2019 - Launch the closed Alpha testing with our community.
  • November 2019 - Release the Early Access version on Steam.
  • Basing on the feedback from our players, expand the PC version and finalize it in the second half of 2020.
  • Console versions are planned, however the final schedule for their release will rely on the feedback and support we will gather during Kickstarter and PC Early Access.

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
It's scratching all kinds of STALKER itch, but when looking at the rewards, they're adding in a lot of physical rewards that are going to eat up that budget.
I'm truly tempted to back this

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I will be backing this. Get Even was good and this looks amazing. We need more games taking place in Chernobyl, such insanely atmospheric location.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a fairly doable goal, will back asap. One of my most anticipated games. Their photogrammetry work is next level.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a fairly doable goal, will back asap. One of my most anticipated games. Their photogrammetry work is next level.

I was surprised when the devs told me they are still using the same tech as Get Even for capturing/generating photogrammetry. The jump in quality comes from switching to UE4 from UE3.5.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could be wealthy so I could pay the 1300 or 2500 $ pledge :(

The 3D scan tier is curious. I had figured with all the characters, aside from the just out of view Titania, masked that it was a way to cut down on facial animations instead of doing what Get Even did with static models. If you're paying that much to show up in the game I'd assume your face would be part of that.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
....Wait. I thought it was more of a linear, cutscene driven narrative game? This is a full fledged survival horror set in the Exclusion Zone? With those fucking graphics.

I couldnt be happier holy fucking shit.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised there is not more interest here about this, it's not like we are getting bombarded with games inspired by STALKER dammit

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
....Wait. I thought it was more of a linear, cutscene driven narrative game? This is a full fledged survival horror set in the Exclusion Zone? With those fucking graphics.

I couldnt be happier holy fucking shit.

Yeah, it's way more ambitious than I was expecting too. The Farm 51 has really talking up the systems and how they'll make meaningful changes to your playthrough depending on what you do with them.

Surprised there is not more interest here about this, it's not like we are getting bombarded with games inspired by STALKER dammit

I suppose it is a pretty niche genre. FIgured the branching narrative would at least get a bit more attention but I think some folk are a bit over kickstarter at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
First update: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2478584

We just started our Kickstarter campaign yesterday evening, and today we're already at 33% of our goal. More than five hundred people supported us, showing their interest, love, and help to our project. You have no idea how much it means for us!

We've been working extremely hard for many months to prepare the game demo, trailer, designing and prototyping the prizes and figuring out how to communicate clearly, openly and honestly why to involve you in our project and make you believe it's worth of your time and money.

It seems we're into this together right now. So big thanks for every pledge, comment, message and mention to your friends about our work. We've still a way to go, but now we already know, that you're with us.

And just for those who missed it, yesterday we've also released the story trailer of our game. We'll update you next days with many brand-new materials from our game, but today - just to feel this vibe, please watch it again or share it with your friends. Do you know, that the strange metal gate that is shown in 0:40 is the dosimetric control checkpoint, that we've had to go through hundreds of times when working in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone? It doesn't allow you to go through if you're irradiated. If it beeps and flashes red, you need to go into the decontamination protocol (which is more or less disturbing or funny, depending on how you see it). We'll talk a bit more about this kind of stuff tomorrow.

And now, have a good night (or day, if you're on the opposite side of the world). Thanks a lot again!

Nov 8, 2017
They really should have just said it will be on consoles at some point.
I know it's not moral to overpromise but everyone do it on Kickstarter, and they already have been talking about it too.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New update along with a new making of video.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2479277

We can assume that we're the only one video game development team in the world in which many people are not just sitting in the front of our monitors, but spending a lot of time in the very hazardous area to capture the 3D-scanned data.

Many of you asked us how it feels to work in the radioactive wasteland. Well, it's a strange feeling. Not only because it's so different from what most developers are used to - anyway the people involved in 3D-scanning are also the experienced photographers and filmmakers and for them, this kind of work is not very unusual. The strangest thing is that your mind all the time mix the reality with the vision of the game. You know that in this building you'll see the death of your game's companion, and that on this square you'll need to shoot the bad guy before he shoots you. Walking through empty Chernobyl street you see the place to look for the food ration, and there is a hideout to cover yourself from the enemy soldiers. You wander across the area of real disaster searching for virtual the places to bring the elements of danger and safety for your game heroes.

And there's much more to tell about this, so stay tuned for our next updates.

We'll do our best to deliver you our stories of Chernobyl. Both the real one and the fantasy one. With your help on Kickstarter they'll grow bigger and better with time.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update #3
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2479897

Hello, Stalkers!

It's Sunday, we've reached more than 50% of our Kickstarter goal (big thanks to all of you!), so why won't to relax a bit? Here's some trivia about Chernobylite, just to give you a glimpse on how seriously (or sometimes not really seriosly) we approach our work.

Chernobylite is the scientific name of real chemical substance occurring only in one place on Earth - in the ruins of the destroyed reactor of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobylite)
The game's heroes costumes have been designed and created physically for the purpose of 3D-scanning for the game. Various materials were used for their creation, including gas masks from the Cold War and modern era.

A large part of scenes in the game was designed basing on the photos of various crew members appearing in these costumes during trips to the Exclusion Zone.

The voice of Igor, the main character, is based on Aleksandr Vilkov, who was the voice of the protagonist of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl, and also played the main roles in the Metro series.
The main languages appearing in the game are Russian and Ukrainian, the two most popular languages used currently in Ukraine.
Green and black accents, often occurring on various elements in the game, are the colors associated with Chernobyl. The word "Chernobyl" (in Ukrainian it's "Chornobyl") is the name for the herb named Artemisia Vulgaris (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_vulgaris), and at the same time it can be translated from Ukrainian as the "black pain". The main female character of the game has green eyes and black hair. For this and for some other reasons that we'll keep a secret now.

One of the NPCs appears only in the position of the Slavic Crouch. This NPC is called Evgeniy Andrushev (EA for short) and sells lootboxes. He convinces the player that they are absolutely and totally honest. Regardless of what relationship the player will establish with him, and as he introduces himself, Evgeniy claims that his lootboxes are prepared especially for him.

Hardbass track (hadbass is a music genre popular among Eastern youth gangstas - gopniks), which Evgeniy listens to is a modification of "Tili Tili Bom", a Russian lullaby used in the first Chernobylite trailer.
Mikhail, one of the first companions with which the player can establish a relationship, sees reality through the prism of mass media like the adventures of James Bond and Stirlitz, absorbed by him in his youth. There is a lot of language mistakes in his speech (for example, instead of confirming the "Roger" order, Mikhail would say "Rover") because in his poor Soviet village the TV signal was poorly received.
Some items in the game that may seem to be developed specially for the design purposes, such as radiation gates and dolls, are real 3D scans of authentic objects from the Zone.

By the way, if you liked the pictures shown above, you can always follow our Instagram, where we're posting daily for quite a time and we'd like to keep doing it as long as we have still some of our Chernobyl photos and screens backed up (today it's more than 100 000 of files).

Have a nice evening, stalkers.

Wojciech Pazdur, Creative Director of Chernobylite

Just under 60% funded as well.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
One of the NPCs appears only in the position of the Slavic Crouch. This NPC is called Evgeniy Andrushev (EA for short) and sells lootboxes. He convinces the player that they are absolutely and totally honest. Regardless of what relationship the player will establish with him, and as he introduces himself, Evgeniy claims that his lootboxes are prepared especially for him.

LMAO.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Console pledge news coming soon.

We're just in the hot brainstorming how to do it, because we're already designing the console versions, but we didn't plan to put it on the KS as it'd be a bit too risky because of not having a solid release plan yet for console platforms,

Give us few days to discuss and finally disclose it here, but most likely we'll either add the console version pledges or offer replacing the Steam key with console key for any backer. Stay tuned for more info soon!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have to get rid of that scanner for searching for loot. It kills everything the game is going for with immersion.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
They got the narrative guy from original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on the team?

Ok, now I'm interested.

The Polish song in the trailer is really immersion-killing though. I know it's a small thing, but as a Ukrainian ex-pat, it was the first thing I noted.

Hopefully there'll be an option to play with Russian/Ukrainian audio.

I'll look into recovering my Kickstarter password and see about backing this towards the end of the week...

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully there'll be an option to play with Russian/Ukrainian audio.

As of February they were looking into a full Ukrainian and Russian localization with VO but it will depend on the size of the final script.

We'd really like to do so, but it may be tricky at least at the initial release. Our characters speak many languages (including Ukrainian), and having full Ukrainian localization sounds as a reasonable move (we already thought about this), but before finishing the whole story and dialogues we're still not sure how much time and work it will be and how much it'll cost.

We'd like to make a full Russian localization and we cooperate with Russian-speaking people to make the game sound right in every language we utilize. But we can't guarantee there won't be any subtitles because we're having characters speaking in different languages in the game.

From what I understand of the current build different characters speak different languages depending on their origin (Russian, Ukrainian, etc.), and then there will be an additional English option for the final release.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
As of February they were looking into a full Ukrainian and Russian localization with VO but it will depend on the size of the final script.

From what I understand of the current build different characters speak different languages depending on their origin (Russian, Ukrainian, etc.), and then there will be an additional English option for the final release.

If they use a mix, I won't mind, since that'd actually be more authentic.

I just hate having English actors try playing Easter European characters with over exaggerated fake accents.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update #4
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2480815

It took us only a bit more than 3 days, but you did it - you helped us with our progress even faster than we expected.

First of all, we are very grateful to all of you who supported us already! Thanks to you, we hit over 1000 backers and collected over 66% of our goal! You are amazing! We hope that soon even more and more of Chernobyl and game fans will notice us and join the community.

And tomorrow, we're going to bring some cool news about what's still ahead of us.

Stay tuned, stalkers!

aa803381cd3648bffffaed71043ca62f_original.jpg

I just hate having English actors try playing Easter European characters with over exaggerated fake accents.

I've recently started up Metro 2033 to finally finish more than the first couple of hours and yeah, some of that English VO is a bit much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update #5
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2481716

We are very happy that we receive so many questions and support from you. Due to a huge number of questions about the Chernobylite boxed version, we have decided to add another pledge to our campaign! "Kickstarter exclusive boxed edition" is already available! It will contain:

• Steam Early Access Digital Key
  • Kickstarter Exclusive Demo Access
  • Kickstarter Exclusive Closed Alpha Access
  • Chernobylite Wallpaper
  • Digital Artbook
  • Special thanks from the Team
  • Printed Chernobylite Postcards
  • Printed Tatyana's Photos
  • Printed Map of the Zone
  • Early Access Boxed Edition
Another good news is the launch of our Discord channel! From now on, you can contact us directly! Get in touch with our developers and don't be afraid to ask questions! We will try to answer as many as possible! We would also like to invite you to the upcoming AMA (Ask Me Anything) session, which will take place on our brand new Discord channel. Tomorrow, April 17 at 07:00 PM CEST at: https://discord.gg/mehRmzY (don't forget to prepare your questions!).

Soon we will also start developer livestreams and AMA sessions on our Twitch channel. You can find us at: https://www.twitch.tv/thefarm51

82eda63d9f4346c7aabdfbefaf98e3e4_original.jpg

Last but not least, we would like to share some gameplays from Chernobylite with you. Recorded by our friends from around the world. Nothing is so enjoyable as watching players react to our tricks and puzzles in the game. Don't forget to leave your feedback under the videos!

PL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNRGoe0baYE

DE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTEVtOcdvMg

RUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF2usXhH3XY

ENG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6pKBJo5nXo

Stay tuned for even greater dose of irradiated information coming soon!

Map size was also talked about in the comments.

The maps are very big and open to explore, except the tutorial map on the beginning of most of videos. There will be several huge areas to visit and some of them will be at least as big as STALKER areas.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Are we talking CoP or SoC size here?

CoP maps were huge and tried to pack a ton of content into each (makes sense, since there were only 3 of them), but in the process they gathered some of that "theme park" atmosphere, losing the genuine "feel" of SoC.

The essence of a good Zone game would be (for me) those stretches of empty land, where you're extra vulnerable to roving wildlife, and (mostly) everything in the world wants you dead.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Are we talking CoP or SoC size here?

CoP maps were huge and tried to pack a ton of content into each (makes sense, since there were only 3 of them), but in the process they gathered some of that "theme park" atmosphere, losing the genuine "feel" of SoC.

The essence of a good Zone game would be (for me) those stretches of empty land, where you're extra vulnerable to roving wildlife, and (mostly) everything in the world wants you dead.

They talked about the map design a bit in their AMA.

Game map compared to the real location.
The real-life level design sucks. We re-organize positions of many objects to give players better experience, trying to keep the structure and feeling of original place as much as we can.

On density.
There's different density of stuff on different locations. Some (like Pripyat city) will be packed with objects, some (like forest around Kopachi kindergarten) will be much more unpopulated and slow-paced

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update #6
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2481717

Hey stalkers!

We've just finished the Ask Me Anything session on our fresh-launched Discord server. If you're into free chats with other Chernobylite fans, join us here: https://discord.gg/mehRmzY

Below is the transcription of the chat with Wojciech Pazdur, the Creative Director of Chernobylite. We hope you'll find at least some of the answers helpful.

Sorry for typos and language/grammar mistakes - it's a raw copy of real-time conversation.

Q: I saw in a videogameplay that the character gain exp doing stuff, there will be a level progression with skill/stats?

A: not that much oriented to skill/stats as in RPG games, more for surviving (managing resources) and overall character and team development. But some skills will be gained.

Q: Is it possible that we can visit the heart ("big foot" too why not) of the accidental nuclear reactor of Chernobyl in the game ?

A: Yes, this is why we run Kickstarter - to re-create as big part of Nuclear Power Plant as possible

Q: Will there be a large selection of weapons and usable items in the in-game world?

A: There will be some, but it's more survival than RPG, so not that many.

Q: Will there be throwing knives in the game for stealthy players?

A: Not planned.

Q: about the KS, howl ong do we have to up our backup to a higher pack? will it end when the funding goal is reached or is there a specific date set?

A: you can pledge until the end of campaign on 11th of May - regardless of when we reach the goal

Q: I see in the pre alpha footage that the dialogue is in Russian is that going to be the only language

A: we plan other languages, but besides Russian, Ukrainian and English we can't confirm more voices (however there will be subtitles for others)

Q: Can you give us any idea of the system requirements at this point

A: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016800/Chernobylite/

Q: Will there be varied missions like stealth, sniper , vehicle for example

A: there's a lot of missions, but so far we don't plan sniper and vehicles. They're

oriented on survival and exploration, sometimes combat.

Q: After you have finished the main plot of the game , will you be able to roam around the wasteland and have side quests, random encounters, killing mutants etc?

A: Yes

Q: Will there be mod support at one point? I'd be very interested in creating modifications similarly to Fallout 4's experience :smiley:

A: Unreal Engine 4 is not very well suited for modding, but after we finish the main game development, we'll try to dig into this.

Q: How will you use extra money from kickstarter?

A: Mostly to expand the game world (Nuclear Power Plant, bigger Pripyat). We also have some stretch goals, but let's wait until the main goal is reached.

Q: What updates have been made to the environmental lighting since the demo that was sent to content creators?

A: We're constantly updating the lighting set up, quality and optimization. Even today it's better than few days ago.

Q: If Chernobylite will be playable in multiplayers, how it should happening (coop as example) ?

A: So far no multiplayer is planned, at least until we get very popular with single player.

Q: Can you customize weapons in Chernobylite?

A: We have plan to develop this feature, but it's not done yet.

Q: Will there be more than one type of the "warp monsters" that are in the demo?

A: There will be some crazy enemies, of course we didn't want to disclose all the ideas in the demo.

Q: Will i be able to praise the lord and saviour of russia, Tachanka?

A: Who knows....

Q: Will AI of soldiers and monsters stay like it was on demo or You gonna change it?

A: AI is the biggest thing to keep polishing during the whole development. We're constantly improving it and what you saw is just a prototype.

Q: There is any chance to see in the future the game translate in french language ?

A: Most likely yes

Q: Would you consider Chernobylite to be a spiritual successor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series? or was it just one of the inspirations?

A: We are not trying to copy anything from STALKER, but naturally it's giving the same vibes to the people because of subject, perspective, mood and so on. STALKER games were some inspirations, but we'd rather try to make the overall game a complementary, not competitionary vision.

Q: Since there will be NPCs, will you implement some quests or stories to discover during exploration ?

A: Yes, this is one of the main features of the game.

Q: Will this be a completed game at launch or are you planning future content?

A: We'd like to expand the game as long as players are willing to play it and grab the updates.

Q: Will console commands be available? For example in COD you can do /noclip /god /cg_draw_gun = 0 | things like that. Noclip would be great to capture cinematics.

A: It's possible, but not decided yet.

Q: How long is the estimated gameplay of the main story?

A: It'll depend on the scale of success of Kickstarter. But the game will be definitely long comparing to average single player experience.

Q: Will there be early access on Xbox

A: Didn't decide yet. We're doing first tests on consoles but not sure if we'll push it for Early Access there.

Q: Is the soundtrack finished now, who are the composers behind it and do you plan on making an official release later?

A: We didn't even start to work on the final soundtrack, it's too early. But we have few very good composers in talks.

Q: Will Chernobylite have Artifact items just like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series?

A: We don't call them "artifacts" but there are some special items, including the "chernobylite" which is a real, but very dangerous substance.

Q: What kind of game modes can we expect in the game? Is it just the story mode?

A: We think about endless survival mode too, as well as about "real Chernobyl story" mode (without sci-fi elements, just to explore the world of Chernobyl and learn the story of catastrophe as it really was).

Q: Will there be DLCs?

A: No decision yet. We'd prefer to keep expanding the game with naturally appearing patches and updates.

Q: how much does expanding the base affect gameplay?

A: It gives you and your teammates the resources for surviving, as well as provide the increase of stats like morale, stamina and so on.

Q: Is the game more like an open world exploration or main story campaign ? Any side mission?

A: The story is a main point, but you can explore every location many time and free-roam openly in a huge areas. We want to make a lot of side missions.

Q: Where did the inspiration for your game come from?

A: First it was about real Chernobyl story, then games like Fallout, Silent Hill 2, This War of Mine, STALKER, Metro and many others.

Q: Whether the game will support gamepads?

A: We already support gamepads.

Q: How big is map/maps?

A: We're still expanding them, but they're already very big. So far we didn't decide yet where to stop. :smiley:

Q: That time limit is necessary if yes why?

A: It's needed for several reasons, some of them we want to keep in secret, but the more obvious is to remind you of limited time to finish the game.

Q: Can at least one NPC say "cheeki-breeki" in this game? It's an old stalker tradition and a very important part of the Zone's culture.

A: It seems it's unavoidable...

Q: are you planing on hiring more people for project if kickstarter is sucessfull?

A: Likely yes, but we won't grow big because we want to keep working as a small, dedicated indie-team

Q: What platforms will it be on? And when Is the the expected release date?

A: PC is the first platform to be released, but we already design console versions. We can't guarantee any release dates for consoles, but we do really want to be on all major platforms. Steam ETA is autumn 2019

Q: What will the map from the Kickstarter rewards look like

A: It'll be a printed map of the Zone with many real places and some extra things that exist only in our game.

Q: Will I be able to kill any unique character in the game? What will happen if I do

A: Not necessarily any, but in many cases it'll be your choice. Then your story and game progression may change a lot.

Q: Why did you stroke the dog next to the Moscow Eye? I've seen this on the photo in one of the kickstarter update emails. I thought you can't touch there anything :stuck_out_tongue:

A: He's our friend and we're the same radioactive as he is, so no difference who touches who.

Q: Why early acces, will there be full story at the beggining or You gonna ad most of the important quest etc later, at full release?

A: The final decision on scale of Early Access will depend on how far we'll go with Kickstarter. We want Early Access to provide people with huge part of the game and gather feedback how to shape it before the final release.

Q: 1.) Will Chernobylite have secret Laboratories similar to Laboratory X-16 or X-18 in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series?

2.) Will Chernobylite have anomalies?

A: Let's keep it a secret. But you saw the trailer, right...? :smiley:

Q: How important will be to furtiture the hideout? Will there be many options of stuff that you can build?

A: There's a lot of items to build and they're important for you and your companions physical and mental health.

Q: will there be factions of some sort within the zone with unique elements to them or are you just a solo wanderer in the zone?

A: There will be characters and groups with different goals and it's player strategy how to deal with them.

Q: Will there be leveling your character like in Fallout?

A: Not exactly like in Fallout, but some character stats and skills will be developed during the game.

Q: Will there be options to explore/scavenge in areas without the time limit, it would be really neat to just roam around an area untill you get bored instead of always having to do a mission.

A: It's possible we'll have such an option, but most likely not within the main story.

Q: When you finish the game how will the game continue?

A: We have some plans for the endless mode, but still a lot to be figured out.

Q: Will I get the game after full release if I buy it in early access?

A: Yes.

Q: How come you guys went with Kickstarter instead of pitching Chernobylite to investors and/or publishers?

A: Because we like our community a bit more than corporations. Still, publisher or investor involvement is possible, but later. First we want to do as much as we want by direct relation with players.

Q: How hard the game will be? I have bad experience with Thronebreaker which is so easy I just stopped playing.

A: Today it seems game won't be easy. But we didn't even start the balancing

Q: What is the purpose of this abstract green diamond location before every game?

A: It's a chernobylite crystal tunnel, very specific way of travelling between the different places in the real world.

Q: Will be the difference in price between the game in earlyaccess and the full version?

A: It's likely we'll increase the price after Early Access. People who trusted us in advance would be better rewarded then.

Q: After final premire do you plan to make regular updates with new locations and content i.e. like winter or summer update? or at least once a year?

A: As long as players are willing to play, we want to deliver new content. No timing plan for this, we'll try to find the optimal schedule later.

Q: Will you be able to smoke, drink, eat with an animation?

A: It's still under discussion. So far we're eating and drinking without the animation.

Q: How many days will I survive in the game without food or drink?

A: Not many, as in the real life.

Q: Will the characters get more varied gas masks, seeing all the dudes in the demo with the same mask was kinda weird

A: Yes, we wanted to add more even to the demo, but the faces didn't squeeze properly and we need to fix them :smiley:

Q: will there be chillzone's within the zone like stalker had these small campfires with people playing their guitars? Those where always a 2 min chillspot to just enjoy the view

A: Something like this will happen for sure. But we have also some other ideas to give you this feeling (save it for later)

Q: Will there be a wide variety of enemies/monsters/mutants?

A: Enough to keep you surprised many times, but our game is not focused on variety of monsters.

Q: If kickstarter get a huge success your dev team didn't expect (300.000$ or more why not), it's possible to increase a lot the game duration with secondary missions ?

A: That's the natural way: if we get more money, we'll make bigger locations, then we'll add more events and missions.

Q: Now this game will have a branching narrative from what I hear, how vastly different can it get really? Will it be very significantly different or maybe only 3-4 different varieties of endings?

A: The branching in story is not only about the ending, it'll show up also a lot during the game progression. We don't want to spoil anything about the endings yet.

Q: Will the Boxed edition come with a physical disc as well?

A: For now we plan to give the Steam keys inside the boxed editions, but it may change if we'll have distributors in some regions or if there'll be boxed console version

Q: Will there be makeshift weapons in the game similar to the Metro Exodus?

A: We'll have some original gadgets and weapons too, but we don't want to copy anything directly from Metro or any other game.

Q: What guns would be availible?

A: We don't want to reveal full list yet, but it'll be more survival weapon kit than one-man-army weapon kit.

Q: There will be sone kind of hunt mission with monster boss?

A: THere will be some crazy and powerful monsters, but we'd rather keep their details in secret.

Q: How will Chernobyoite differ from the Stalker or the Metro Series. Obviously it's more survival Horror concentrated but what will it do that metro and Stalker do not?

A: We're mostly focused on survival and story and we place our game in the real Chernobyl 3D-scanned Zone.

Q: Are you planning to reuse WW3 gunplay? If so to what extent?

A: Some elements will be re-used, but overall pacing and flow in story driven survival horror has to be very different from tactical military multiplayer

Q: What are the stretch goals for Kickstarter?

A: We'll reveal them when we reach the main goal or when we're very close (it seems very soon)

Q: How accurate is the entire map compared to the real life location?

A: The real-life level design sucks. We re-organize positions of many objects to give players better experience, trying to keep the structure and feeling of original place as much as we can.

Q: If I choose the kickstarter option "You in the game" how much time it takes to scan me?

A: You'll need to spend several hours (roughly one day with some breaks) in our office.

Q: How dense/populated are the maps in the game? The PAX level was pretty packed so I'm wondering if other areas would have larger stretches of empty land to balance things out.

A: There's different density of stuff on different locations. Some (like Pripyat city) will be packed with objects, some (like forest around Kopachi kindergarten) will be much more unpopulated and slow-paced

Q: Will you be able to craft rad pills or chemical stuff? or you have to look for it in the world?

A: You'll craft a lot, but sometimes you'll find them also in the world.

Q: Does Chernobylite has any changes because of STALKER ? P.S. Guys you are doing really great! Good luck with project!

A: Stalker is one of our strong inspirations, but we don't try to copy anything out of it.

Q: Will there be exoskeleton suits of some sort similar to what S.T.A.L.K.E.R has?

A: Most likely not.

Q: Will the game have an npc saying "50 thousand people used to live here! Now now its a ghost town"? lol but seriously cant wait for this.

A: We'll try to make even more haunting one-liner if only our writing skills allow.

Q: Will you be able to modify your weapons and closes+armor like in Fallout?

A: There will be some modifications for the gear, altough to keep it real we don't plan the powerful armors like in Fallout.

Q: Will there be different ways to do missions, like take different routes? or are you more focusing on taking a more linear route in the story campaign?

A: Definitely yes. So far most of the missions are very non-linear.

Q: Crafting system: Do I need a scheme or can I create things using trials and errors (or both)?

A: So far you craft using learnt recipes.

Q: How intertwined are the systems? For example if I go around shooting every enemy I see and hurt my morality (and increasing troop presence) would that also tie into the relationships with my allies at base?

A: Yes, your decisions (especially on moral things like killing or helping others) will affect your relationship with other characters.

Q: Will the game have the most beloved unscripted events that the S T.A.L.K.E.R. series was known for? Random bandits, random mutants, anomolies, random run ins with the black stalker? No scripted events?

A: Our big goal is a randomization of events in gameplay, however for storytelling needs some of them have to be scripted.

Q: During chatting with npc do you plan to make some expanded conversation based on key word used by player but not so simple like - hi/yes/buy.

A: Most of conversations are mix of story and gameplay subjects, they're very custom.

Q: How do you folks stay safe visiting so much?

A: We follow the procedures of staying safe - we don't run naked, don't eat hunted animals, don't drink the water from reactor cooling tanks. But seriously speaking, we try to be cautious and avoid any risks.

Q: Are all training sessions with allies gameplay driven (ala the shooting test seen in the demo)?

A: We'll see, we're not sure yet how many of them will be in the final game.

Q: Will there be any real life letters or diaries you found brought into the game?

A: We'd like to make it this way.

Q: So the Cold War gas masks KS rewards are actual ones or reproductions?

A: It's the real stuff.

Q: Will you guys also put in area's based on photo's ( when you cant reach a certain area duo to radiation for example), or only actual 3d scanned things?

A: In some cases we'll need to use photo decorations or (where it needs to be explored) hand-made 3D objects.

Q: Will there be diagetic music?

A: Yes, that's the plan.

83% funded now too.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update #7
https://www.kickstarter.com/project..._email_backer_project_update_registered_users

Hey stalkers!

The long-awaited moment has come. Here we go with the raw, unprocessed gameplay from our pre-alpha demo that we plan to share with our backers after the campaign ends. We made some cuts because the demo is very long (avg. playing time is 1-2 hours) and we wanted to highlight the most important features, not necessarily showing the whole playthrough.

We're almost 90% succeed on Kickstarter. Share it with your friends and tell them they can support us too! Any words spread are very appreciated.

And leave us your comments or questions, we'd love to hear how do you see the demo. We still work to improve several things before sharing it with you and your comments may help us (they already have, because last week since the campaign started we've worked out several elements of the game).

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
They reached the main goal. New goals added. Pretty achievable at this rate:

Hey stalkers!

8136a6b7b568beecdf3627db873aab86_original.jpg

You have no idea how happy and proud of you we are. You did it - you helped us to fund our project expansion. And we both made it in less than 9 days since the campaign starts. Thanks for all your support, backing, comments, feedback and kind words. It was a hectic and overworking time for us to get here, but without you it would not be worth of this effort.

Now, when our project is secured, we can't wait to share with you our following plans. Just take a look on our first stretch goals that we could reach if more of backers would appear.

2de792433759ede938d52800cac670a8_original.jpg

It's a middle of the night here and after celebrating drink we're about to sleep hard now. But tomorrow we'll go back to you with more info about our plans, including deeper depiction of the stretch goals and info on console versions of our game.

Have a great night/day/evening/morning our friends from all around the world.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2486026

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update #8
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...al-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob/posts/2486428

Steam keys can be exchanged for console ones whenever they happen to release.

Hey stalkers!

Then the Easter Bunny brought us an amazing gift tonight. $100,000 target has been hit and our project is already secured.

We reached our primary goal and the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant will become a big, playable location in Chernobylite. We'll bring you more info on the power plant itself in the following updates, because this subject will be very important for the whole game construction.

This is how Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant looked like in 2016, just before the big metal sarcophagus has been moved to cover the old reactor for the next 100 years. We'll recreate both parts in the game.
This is how Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant looked like in 2016, just before the big metal sarcophagus has been moved to cover the old reactor for the next 100 years. We'll recreate both parts in the game.
But now let's talk a bit about our remaining stretch goals, because we're already receiving a lot of questions. Just to remind:

$120,000: EFIGS Localization
EFIGS is the acronym standing for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. This is the set of languages that will be implemented in our game as the subtitles. Originally we were planning to utilize English (as the main language), Russian and Ukrainian - for authenticity and because we work with the natively Ukrainian and Russian-speaking people during our trips to Ukraine anyway. We also planned to add Polish, because, well, it'd be very easy for us. But all other languages are a big deal because our game is text heavy. As a story-driven experience with non-linear dialogues and a lot of in-game notes, letters, documents and so on, it's a huge task to handle all the localization. Then today we can confirm, that after reaching the $120,000 goal, Chernobylite will consist recorded voices in Russian, Ukrainian and English plus subtitles in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian and Polish. We can't guarantee that all these languages will be fully done for the Early Access release in autumn, but this will be our main priority for the localization work. We're also considering to add more languages, but their implementation will depend on getting more community from other countries.

$130,000: Weapon Craft System and Content
Our game is about the survival and horror, and then our main focus so far was on delivering the combat tools in the way typical for survival-horror genre - minimal arsenal with very limited ammo, to keep you all the time on the edge of surviving. This won't change drastically, but because the crafting systems and tools are essential element of our game, we'll expand their functionality to let the player craft custom elements of weaponry and ammunition. Why is it a separate task and why we didn't want to do it from scratch? Well, we wanted. But everything related to the weapon system in the first-person game is the extremely work-heavy and costy task, because weapons are the most visible and detailed elements of the experience and all their content (models, animations, particle FXs, sounds and so on) require the biggest amount of work. In short: with the help of reaching this goal we'll be able to add some cool features related to weapons expansions - we already have some concepts and we'll share the results when the right time comes for sure.

$150,000: Real Zone sounds in game
We're traveling to the Zone quite often for 3D-scanning of the visual objects, but one of our dream ideas was to capture the real acoustic data of the Exclusion Zone. It requires sending more people on some special trips, getting custom audio hardware equipment and performing many tests on site. It's not just about recording the howling wind, creaky metal doors and crunchy steps on the shards of glass. We also plan to capture the acoustic characteristic of several places to let us better simulate the sound propagation in game with the effects like reverberation, echo, damping and few others. It's tricky to do this kind of things in Chernobyl, but our visual 3D-scanning was also tricky and we'd love to go for it to deliver you a more immersive experience and more believable game world.

Then what about consoles?
Many of you ask if we'll provide a Stretch Goal and pledges for the console version of our game (namely PlayStation 4 and Xbox One). We're designing the game with these consoles in mind since the very beginning and our game even today is fully playable with PS4 or Xbox-family controllers. Moreover, the previous games of our team (Get Even and Painkiller Hell & Damnation) were all multiplatform titles. We're also already moving the current versions to the console hardware for initial tests.

So we know what to do - and this is why we're still trying to play safe. Being small team and trying to squeeze console releases into the current schedule would be an extremely risky move for all of the development, causing delays for all platforms. We still want to promise only realistic goals and today we know that releasing console versions of Chernobylite in 2019 is virtually impossible.

What we want to do is to keep pre-selling the PC/Steam with the aim of release in 2019, but to offer a possibility of replacing the Steam key with console copy right when it's ready (and today it'll be late 2020 or perhaps even 2021, just to let you know). It means that if you support us today by pledging for PC Steam key, you'll be able to play PC version this year anyway. And later (in 2020 or 2021) you can get in touch with us and (proving that you're a Kickstarter backer) ask to replace your Steam key with console key when the console version for your platform is ready. This offer will be valid only for our Kickstarter backers, and everyone else to get the console version will likely pay more than today is the cost of a Steam key.

So if you still didn't pledge because of "PC-only", maybe it'll convince you to support us, always having in mind, that console release dates are not planned yet, and we can't give 100% guarantee that you'll play the console version anytime near future.