• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I just tried to do that on my ps5 but it wouldn't let me put it in the cart because it has "multiple purchasable items"

Odd, as it only gave me that message when I chose to subscribe via my subscriptions list under my account, but if I went to the PS Store on my PS5 and went to PS Now, it allowed me. It must only be working for me since I have never subscribed to PS Now before.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like different methods of getting it on the console are working for different ppl.

I'm in the US.

just went to check the store and clicking the optin for 12 month just goes to the PS Now splash page and the 12 month just isn't there
Yup, now I get this. I dont get any subscription options for PSNow anymore.

Shit, lol. I didnt get a chance to get another year.

They not blocking that Plus subscription tho, lol.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
User Accounts on my PS5 only works if I want to extend it a month but wont let me switch to 3 months of a year.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine since Now converts 1:1, Plus might be something like 2:1 or 4:1 similar to EA Play when it was first included in Gamepass.

Unless they just decide to say FU for buying Plus.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the US as a previous sub, and this is what happens to me as well. Hoping for a good upgrade option :D

Yeah. My psnow sub runs out in June
Odd, as it only gave me that message when I chose to subscribe via my subscriptions list under my account, but if I went to the PS Store on my PS5 and went to PS Now, it allowed me. It must only be working for me since I have never subscribed to PS Now before.

That's probably it. I'm currently subbed

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
There is an email that Sony sent out earlier today:

What this means for you
You don't need to do anything. As a current member of both services, we'll automatically migrate you to a single subscription plan in the new, improved PlayStation Plus service – with a single recurring payment date and price – unless one or both of your memberships expire before the new service launches.

Rest assured that:
• Your membership will include ALL the same great PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now benefits you enjoy today. From monthly games and online multiplayer to the catalogue of hundreds of titles with streaming and download access, all the good stuff is staying.

• The cost of your membership will not increase when the new service launches*, unless you choose to make any changes to your subscription plan.

Your new PlayStation Plus membership will also include some significant new features and content. We think these are really going to enhance your experience. More details will be announced soon, so stay tuned…

*Based on the combined fees of the two subscriptions you have today when those fees are paid over the same period.

The way I read this is that we will get Playstation Plus Premium until the end date of our current subs then we get charged the regular rate for Premium.

Does have this section too

If either subscription is due to expire​
If one (or both) of your subscriptions is due to end before the new service launches, you can change your subscription settings so that it continues and, when the new service launches, you will move onto a new plan, keeping all your benefits.​

My Plus is good until Dec 2024 but my Now runs out on June 1st, any chance this launches on June 1st haha. If it did assume I would only get 1 day of Premium before it gets lowered to Essential.

Rather not spend £50 (or slightly less with cheap wallet card) on extending Now through the subscriptions page.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
My Plus is good until Dec 2024 but my Now runs out on June 1st, any chance this launches on June 1st haha. If it did assume I would only get 1 day of Premium before it gets lowered to Essential.

Rather not spend £50 (or slightly less with cheap wallet card) on extending Now through the subscriptions page.

Wondering the same tbh.

My PS Now sub expires in October this year but my PS Plus is good for another couple of years.

Given I've already paid for PS Plus (call it £40 a year) paying another £50 for a year of PS Now means around £90 which is close enough to how much they want anyway (£99 for PS Plus Premium)

I think I'm going to leave mine as is for the moment but in the UK I have the option to extend PS now for £50. I might just wait and see what happens in the next 12 months.

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Wondering the same tbh.

My PS Now sub expires in October this year but my PS Plus is good for another couple of years.

Given I've already paid for PS Plus (call it £40 a year) paying another £50 for a year of PS Now means around £90 which is close enough to how much they want anyway (£99 for PS Plus Premium)

I think I'm going to leave mine as is for the moment but in the UK I have the option to extend PS now for £50. I might just wait and see what happens in the next 12 months.

Yeah will likely just leave it for now, potential saving isn't that great, I have enough games to play as it is.

What I really want to see is the upgrade price options.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Is it too much to expect, to want Sony to match the Stadia model for the Plus/Essential tier? Like, I don't need to subscribe month to month to claim Stadia subscription games. I can quit for a few months and still have access to the games I missed "claiming the next time I renew."

doncortez77

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is it too much to expect, to want Sony to match the Stadia model for the Plus/Essential tier? Like, I don't need to subscribe month to month to claim Stadia subscription games. I can quit for a few months and still have access to the games I missed "claiming the next time I renew."
So you want Sony to match a failing model to satisfy one person which is you? Sounds like a killer business plan

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
User Accounts on my PS5 only works if I want to extend it a month but wont let me switch to 3 months of a year.
Yeah, it was available yesterday, but they closed that off now. Might still be regional differences, so still worth a check if you no longer can obtain codes (for a reasonable pricel

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a month code off eBay yesterday, delivered today, redeemed, but only can extend a month at a time. Oh well. Sony has closed these loopholes pretty quickly.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Do US Now codes work on Canadian PSN?

Contemplating signing up for now and hope it and my 2 years of Plus kinda merge if I have Now by June. Though I'm curious if a monthly sub would just work to save me from getting scammed.. or would Sony stop charging for it.. lol

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I have a question, if you have ps now and ps+ and your ps now expires before your ps+ does do you get downgraded from premium to essential for the remaining time. Or do they combine and you have premium until your plus expires!?

I ask because I just bought a 3 month on the playstation rewards site and it ends on June 30th lol.
Can't extend beyond a 1 month on PS5 though sadly but still.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
So I have a question, if you have ps now and ps+ and your ps now expires before your ps+ does do you get downgraded from premium to essential for the remaining time. Or do they combine and you have premium until your plus expires!?

I ask because I just bought a 3 month on the playstation rewards site and it ends on June 30th lol.
Can't extend beyond a 1 month on PS5 though sadly but still.

I would expect you'll be downgraded from Premium upon expiration of your prior Now subscription.

I was able to extend my Now sub by 2 years last night via the PS5 account option but it's also capped at a month at a time now too.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Bought mine with no problem.

OK this is fucked up, I bought my PS now 12 month card yesterday and when I put in the code it says code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Error (WS-45485-6)

This is some fucked up bullshit I spent $65 on this and I can't return it. Anybody have the same problem.

hmp

Mar 29, 2022
OK this is fucked up, I bought my PS now 12 month card yesterday and when I put in the code it says code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Error (WS-45485-6)

This is some fucked up bullshit I spent $65 on this and I can't return it. Anybody have the same problem.
Try it again. I had the issue earlier, but I was able to redeem 5 years worth of codes just now.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Canadians: any store ideas for locations that may still have physical 12-month Now cards? I believe these were phased out in Jan-Feb, so most locations that are on top of cards, like Walmart, won't have them any more.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
As of yesterday afternoon, I was able to buy PSNow though the Sony app/mobile site. Not sure if they took it down.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020

Oh God, I'm holding on to my code and I'm afraid something like this will happen to me.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we just hope that upgrade prices are reasonable, or there's some promotional or introductory pricing for existing members 🤷‍♂️

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Damn, what a shame. Crazy how fast they closed all methods of getting this for cheap.
Honestly I think it's kinda cheap of them. How many people would use the opportunity to buy a couple years? Maybe a couple thousand, and it's money in their pocket right now. Just makes them seem petty for stopping to sell 3/12M memberships at this point...

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Honestly I think it's kinda cheap of them. How many people would use the opportunity to buy a couple years? Maybe a couple thousand, and it's money in their pocket right now. Just makes them seem petty for stopping to sell 3/12M memberships at this point...
The way they handled the free Horizon Forbidden West upgrade promotion showed everyone that Sony is nothing if not petty.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
If you're just Plus, you'll get a different email saying your sub will migrate over to an equivalent plan.

So essentially, existing PS+ members go over to Essentials no matter how much time you have left (unless your subscription ends before June). No mention as of yet if there'll be a way to pay what is essentially the difference between Extra and Premium to upgrade.
I think it's kind of ridiculous considering Plus and Now were the same price. $60 a year. They also cut a free game off Plus.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kind of ridiculous considering Plus and Now were the same price. $60 a year. They also cut a free game off Plus.

Premium is the only tier that has game streaming and PS3 games it would be pretty shitty (probably required by law as well) to not give PS Now subs that tier for the remainder of their sub.

Maxxan

Jan 7, 2018
Has it been established what will happen if you have both subscriptions at different lengths? Lets say I have 1 year of Plus and 1 month of Now, do I get 12 months of Premium or 1 month of Premium followed by 11 months of Essential?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Has it been established what will happen if you have both subscriptions at different lengths? Lets say I have 1 year of Plus and 1 month of Now, do I get 12 months of Premium or 1 month of Premium followed by 11 months of Essential?
We don't know but the latter seems to be the general assumption.