• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
That's awful - I'm lodging a complaint. I've cancelled it with them. Only thing I can do. Also keeping an eye to see if my order goes back into stock but I doubt it, knowing how they systems are, and even if/when it does, someone else will jump on it. 😔

Never ordering from them again.

I mean I think I know the answer will be BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO, but surely your order, once cancelled, would open up a free copy that they can reallocate to you manually (if they wanted to...) before they even put it up "back in stock". I used to work closely with online shops and a lot of these processes can be ironed out outside of what their system is set up to do if they cared enough to do it, which they don't...

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
100%. I wanted to change the delivery address linked to my preorder, but apparently that is not possible on their system. It's absurd the system would not accommodate for changing delivery addresses of orders that are meant to be delivered 3 months after the order gets placed ("what do you mean you're moving someplace else???"). I even threatened to issue a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office as per the "Right to rectification", but they have effectively shrugged it off. Terrible store.
How awful. Please put in that complaint.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Man the Nintendo store is HORRIBLE.

I have a preorder for SMTV special edition and I can't change my payment method even tho my card has now expired. They said I'd have to cancel and order again. But I can't because it's out of stock. Crazy!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU just realised that I'm in the same boat, my credit card expired last month
oh well I can't really afford it anyway (bargaining stage already)

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
That's awful - I'm lodging a complaint. I've cancelled it with them. Only thing I can do. Also keeping an eye to see if my order goes back into stock but I doubt it, knowing how they systems are, and even if/when it does, someone else will jump on it. 😔

this stuff is utterly ridiculous and square enix have a similar issue/stance.
like... surely they're using a third party service for their shop backend, why would you pay for this when it's missing such obvious features.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017

I had a tracker on the page before trying to get a pre-order in and it does come back in stock, but stock is eaten basically within seconds so you need to have all your details saved if you want a chance of getting a order in.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Alien Isolation is 62%off at 999 rubles (€12) on RUS eShop (compared to 50%off at 18€ on EU eShops).

The port is fantastic btw.
I'm going to quadruple dip and play it never, lol

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100%. I wanted to change the delivery address linked to my preorder, but apparently that is not possible on their system. It's absurd the system would not accommodate for changing delivery addresses of orders that are meant to be delivered 3 months after the order gets placed ("what do you mean you're moving someplace else???"). I even threatened to issue a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office as per the "Right to rectification", but they have effectively shrugged it off. Terrible store.
eBay don't allow the changing of address either , so I'd assume if they were required to allow change of address once the order is placed, they would. They allow for pre-orders up to 30 working days before release so that's plenty of time for people to want to request a change in address.

Link83

Dec 12, 2017
the Nintendo UK store is literally just a custom version of TheHut.com, run by them too.
Is that still the case? I thought it changed earlier in the year when the site was redesigned and the store name changed from "Nintendo Official UK Store" to "My Nintendo Store"
www.nintendolife.com

Nintendo's Official UK Store Has An All-New Look

A welcome overhaul?
At the same time they also started offering My Nintendo Rewards/My Nintendo Store Exclusive items direct from the UK, rather than them being sent from Nintendo's HQ in Germany.

The site has an entirely new account/order system (Integrated with Nintendo's Account/Point system) and items now come in cardboard boxes with fancy red/Mario themed interiors. For example:-
www.youtube.com

Nintendo 64 online controller unboxing Nintendo switch

The new n64 controller for nintendo online.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Is that still the case? I thought it changed earlier in the year when the site was redesigned and the store name changed from "Nintendo Official UK Store" to "My Nintendo Store"
www.nintendolife.com

Nintendo's Official UK Store Has An All-New Look

A welcome overhaul?
At the same time they also started offering My Nintendo Rewards/My Nintendo Store Exclusive items direct from the UK, rather than them being sent from Nintendo's HQ in Germany.

The site has an entirely new account/order system (Integrated with Nintendo's Account/Point system) and items now come in cardboard boxes with fancy red/Mario themed interiors. For example:-
www.youtube.com

Nintendo 64 online controller unboxing Nintendo switch

The new n64 controller for nintendo online.
looks like you're right, I thought it was just a visual overhaul at the time (since I'm not from the UK I [could] never used it to see the rest of the interface).

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise DLC code is on sale at CD Keys for £16.29, for anyone looking to buy:

www.cdkeys.com

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise Switch (EU)

Buy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise Switch for EU ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download code ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Game DLC ✔️

You can pre-order now, the code will be available on 5th November.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, jusy used the Nintendo UK store's live chat support to arrange a return (because there's not a self-service option to do this on the site in 2021). The item is unopened, which I explained. But the person wanted to see a photo of it before they would arrange a return! So I took a pic on my phone and transferred it to my computer so I could then upload it via live chat. Guess what? "This file type is not supported". It's a JPG! Eventually the support staff just arranged the return without a picture.

What an absolute joke. I think I'm going to avoid ordering from Nintendo UK if I can help it.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Forza Horizon 5 premium Add On is €28 (normally €45/€50) @ MS iceland

Not much time left since I think it's a pre order price.
No vpn or stuff needed for EU ppl. Just go on MS iceland and buy it

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Friend of mine's birthday coming up - he hasn't booked SMT5 yet, UK-based, anywhere that has the premium sets still?

Or even discounted regular version.
Keep an eye out for major retailers that have not listed it yet. I was unable to find one, then, one day, FNAC decided to put it online, and I managed to get one. I have heard from some retailers that they will not know how many they will stock until really close to the release date. Nintendo is distributing it, and they have been keeping quiet.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon UK just cancelled my elden ring ce, is it available at any retailers which don't charge until dispatch?
I forget that I've paid for stuff and can't be bothered to keep track of it all, so i prefer payment at dispatch.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Amazon UK just cancelled my elden ring ce, is it available at any retailers which don't charge until dispatch?
I forget that I've paid for stuff and can't be bothered to keep track of it all, so i prefer payment at dispatch.

Elden Ring Collector's Edition + Bonus DLC on PS5 | SimplyGames

ELDEN RING COLLECTOR’S EDITION Includes: GAME Physical disc version STATUE OF MALENIA - BLADE OF MIQUELLA A finely detailed figure of Malenia –

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea when Shopto usually ship their new releases? It's been years since I've used them - I had ordered SMTV from their eBay store using a discount code.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Battlefield 2042 pre-order is 59,99€ for PS5 and Series X on German Amazon. Not cheap per se, but it's the cheapest I've seen the physical current gen go.

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone got a dispatch notice or anything from nintendo uk for Shin Megami Tensei V Fall of Man Premium Edition ?
I only got charge like a week ago but no further movements.

fishforlunch

Nov 2, 2020
Have you been charged at least? Mine is still processing.
I have been charged last week. Still processing on my side as well.

I think there's still a chance they will ship them today (and deliver them tomorrow) -> I had a look at tracking history of my previous order from Nintendo Store UK and it was shipped at 6.30pm and delivered just before 4pm the following day. Fingers crossed this will be the case this time as well.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
probably trying to ask how long is a piece of string but is there any clue as to how often Argos will be getting Switch oled stock? have a bunch of vouchers so i'm kinda stuck getting it from there

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Also in the same boat with regards to the SMT V Premium Edition from Nintendo Store UK. Was charged last Friday yet my order is still sitting on Processing.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Simplygames dispatched my SMTV today as well and they're usually early, seems they have strict restrictions from Nintendo on when they can ship.

Oct 25, 2017
I have been charged last week. Still processing on my side as well.

I think there's still a chance they will ship them today (and deliver them tomorrow) -> I had a look at tracking history of my previous order from Nintendo Store UK and it was shipped at 6.30pm and delivered just before 4pm the following day. Fingers crossed this will be the case this time as well.
Just got an email 10m ago "
Your order has been shipped!​
"
Yay, not much hope for tomorrow but we'll see.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Mines via DPD it currently shows "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly" but the delivery option is next day.