• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
uuuugh cdkeys has 12 month PS+ subs for NA accounts for £18.99 - that's a fantastic deal but I dislike the idea of splitting my ps+ games across two accounts. Why don't UK subs ever go that low?

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody know where I can get a new New 2DS XL? All I can find are used ones going for big bucks.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
It's infuriating. Really torn now. Don't really want to pay double the price just for the chance there'll be some decent games I want to have on my regular account down the line.
US is and will always be cheaper. Now is as good a time as any to make the switch. If you buy any games digitally they'll be cheaper on the US account aswell.

I was hoping Sony might unify accounts for the PS5 but now I think that's never gonna happen.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
US is and will always be cheaper. Now is as good a time as any to make the switch. If you buy any games digitally they'll be cheaper on the US account aswell.

I was hoping Sony might unify accounts for the PS5 but now I think that's never gonna happen.

I've thought about doing this but my username and all my games and trophies are currently locked to my UK one. Would suck to have to start everything over.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I've thought about doing this but my username and all my games and trophies are currently locked to my UK one. Would suck to have to start everything over.
I mean you can still have both accounts on your playstation so you don't lost access to your games. Trophies/Username I guess but are they worth more to you than pontentially thousands of pounds of savings long term? The sooner you make the cut, the easier it'll be.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Just set the US account as primary as well as your UK account and play the games through the UK account. I've got about 7 different regional accounts doing this way and every single trophy is just on the UK account.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Just set the US account as primary as well as your UK account and play the games through the UK account. I've got about 7 different regional accounts doing this way and every single trophy is just on the UK account.
Oh I forgot that. I just swapped over to US account, trophies and all, because it was a pain to swap accounts on the Vita. But if you are just on console then it's no hassle at all.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at going prices, holy shit. I bought a used like new n2dsxl in late September and the price has practically doubled.
i'm making it 100% worse for myself with buying one too because i want a dual ips, only problem is people who don't know about them aren't much help and the people that do want to milk it for all it's worth

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
€5 off €25 on Amazon.de:

GESCHENK5E25

Valid on all items sold by Amazon until March 15th. Select accounts only.

plake

Nov 3, 2017

Yatagarasu

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a Game Voucher for the UK eShop as part of Nintendo Online. If I switch regions to the US to buy a game with a credit card or redeem a code, will the Game Voucher still be on my account when I switch back to the UK region? Some older posts online suggest this will be the case but has anyone tried it recently?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I've got a Game Voucher for the UK eShop as part of Nintendo Online. If I switch regions to the US to buy a game with a credit card or redeem a code, will the Game Voucher still be on my account when I switch back to the UK region? Some older posts online suggest this will be the case but has anyone tried it recently?
Haven't tried it recently but it should work. They keep track of your gold coins and vouchers etc per store region. You don't lose them when you switch.
You could always set up a separate US account if you were worried about it, and have both on your Switch.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't tried it recently but it should work. They keep track of your gold coins and vouchers etc per store region. You don't lose them when you switch.
You could always set up a separate US account if you were worried about it, and have both on your Switch.
Unless I found a 100% confirmation, I'd do this to avoid the risk of losing the voucher.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury €40

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury [Nintendo Switch]: Amazon.de: Games

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury [Nintendo Switch] - Kostenloser Versand ab 29€. Jetzt bei Amazon.de bestellen!

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity €40

Hyrule Warriors: Zeit der Verheerung [Nintendo Switch]: Amazon.de: Games

Hyrule Warriors: Zeit der Verheerung [Nintendo Switch] - Kostenloser Versand ab 29€. Jetzt bei Amazon.de bestellen!

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017
Unless I found a 100% confirmation, I'd do this to avoid the risk of losing the voucher.
I switched regions recently to buy vouchers and then switched back to the uk and the vouchers are still visible. Seems like the vouchers aren't treated the same as the gold coins but are rather tied to your NSO subscription, which seems to be independent of region.

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017
Righto, good to know.
To be fair, my switching was within the "Europe" area (I switched to Russia and bought a pair for around £72) - I can't say for sure how things will work switching further afield.

The problems with getting my credit card to work on the US eShop and the way they don't let you switch regions if you still have funds in the account led me to have a Europe account and a US account separately. I can still play the US account owned games on my Europe account without any problems.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
U.K. people - CD Keys are selling the Xbox Watch Dogs 3 (Legion) gold edition (game and season pass) for £32

that's pretty incredible considering it was £80-90 at launch in November

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's sale, but there's some decent prices of Switch games at Currys.co.uk. Can get an extra £5 off with the code FNDDGAME too.

Just picked up Pikmin 3 Deluxe for £27.99.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Curry's FND code is just for bumping up standard delivery to next day, it's not a product discount

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
nah, it's just taken £5 off my BD2 order.

this description was wrong then?

FREE next day delivery on this product. Select next day delivery at basket and enter code 'FNDDGAME' at checkout.

I can finally spend this gift card

tenor.gif

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How's customs when importing games from Canada into the EU? I've ordered some games in past without any issue, but they were all 20€ max.
I know there is a trade agreement, but I don't know if it includes importing videogames or private purchases.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
How's customs when importing games from Canada into the EU? I've ordered some games in past without any issue, but they were all 20€ max.
I know there is a trade agreement, but I don't know if it includes importing videogames or private purchases.
I've bought a bunch of stuff including big CE's from videogamesplus.ca to Ireland and never got charged. So I think it's ok

(Obligatory reminder to never use your credit card on videogamesplus.ca)

Dec 2, 2017
www.game.co.uk

Daemon X Machina

Defend the planet and defeat corrupted A.I. controlled robots using your Arsenal, a fully customizable mechanized battle suit.<br>

Daemon X Machine Switch for £15. Unfortunately Game also charge £5 delivery.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Do y'all think there will there be a better deal for pre-ordering Deathloop on PC than the £36.99 from CDKeys (for Bethesda Launcher)?

I would prefer getting a Steam copy but it looks like it's retailing for £59.99 with no cheaper options... kinda steep.