• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the nice blue one is full price. Those are great prices though - tempted to grab one for my PC. Does it work with the Xbox wireless adapter? Currently using my old slightly tatty DS4s from my PS4 (remember those?)

They work with the adaptor yeah. The share button currently doesn't do anything, but that's about it.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any offers on wireless headsets for the new consoles? Pulse 3D would be fine (assume I can use with a cable on XSX) but obviously no stock anywhere, so looking at alternatives

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the PS5 Europe pre-order thread.

CDKeys have £35 PSN cards for £31.99, and they discount 2% off total order price if you like their Facebook page on the "View my Basket" section of their store. So, if you buy two then Demon's Souls (as an example) can come down to... £62.70. Still pretty expensive, but a 7-pound-and-change saving is nothing to sniff at, especially for people who have the PS5 DE.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
30% off Amazon Warehouse is live. Good if you're looking for some expensive electronics. Always had a good experience getting "like new" quality stuff.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
are there still issues mentioning shopto? They have PS+ 12 month codes for £32.85 which is pretty good. Also still some ok discounts on regular PSN (12-15% ish depending on the value)?

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Now that I'm on the Series S are there any places that do deals on Xbox credit or is that not a thing?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the PS5 Europe pre-order thread.

CDKeys have £35 PSN cards for £31.99, and they discount 2% off total order price if you like their Facebook page on the "View my Basket" section of their store. So, if you buy two then Demon's Souls (as an example) can come down to... £62.70. Still pretty expensive, but a 7-pound-and-change saving is nothing to sniff at, especially for people who have the PS5 DE.

Shopto still have big discounts on PSN credit, £35 credit is £29.85 for example, so it works out £3 cheaper than CD keys at £59.70.

Oct 25, 2017
no deal on SSD 1TB so far around £60 right? (i don't really care as if they're the slowest one as i'm goign to use it via USB to game on my laptop), internal M2 of 2TB are way way to steep for me

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for hoping anywhere to do deals on the 3000 series Ryzen CPUs? Helping a friend overhaul their build, and we're set on the motherboard and RAM, just need the CPU itself as the final piece. Been holding out hope, but now doubt's setting in, and wondering whether or not it'd be worth it vs getting one secondhand.

UK based, to clarify

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Hey guys, my work laptop is dying so i want to see if there's a good black Friday deal in Europe for a good gaming laptop. Is there some page keeping track of black Friday deals or do i need to search site by site?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to get to upgrade my TV to 4K but entry point 43' - anyone know of any good deals? Saw one in Argos for 299.

www.richersounds.com

Samsung UE43TU7100

”A strikingly good performance-per-pound proposition. ” ’What Hi-Fi?’ 2020 award-winner.

Probably the best you're going to get. It has HDR, but don't judge the whole concept of HDR based on the performance of the TV. They just don't put features down that size anymore.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Are those models of Samsung TVs well received? I had been eyeing up the 50" model on Amazon/Currys.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Are those models of Samsung TVs well received? I had been eyeing up the 50" model on Amazon/Currys.

Rtings review here:
www.rtings.com

Samsung TU7000 Review (UN43TU7000FXZA, UN50TU7000FXZA, UN55TU7000FXZA, UN58TU7000FXZA, UN60TU7000FXZA, UN65TU7000FXZA, UN70TU7000FXZA, UN75TU7000FXZA, UN82TU7000FXZA, UN85TU7000FXZA)

The Samsung TU7000 is an entry-level, budget 4k TV, sitting at the bottom of Samsung's 2020 4k TV lineup. It replaces the Samsung RU7100, and its competitors are...

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
If you care for LG's smart remote at all, then there's this for a similar price:

Televisions - Cheap Televisions Deals | Currys PC World

Buy today with free delivery. Find your Cheap Televisions. All the latest models and great deals on Cheap Televisions are on Currys. View our great range of Televisions deals today Free delivery or Order & Collect In-Store.

Also, central stand can be useful depending on what tou may need to sit it on

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
how are coolshop? i want a copy of megaman zx physically on PS4 and they seem to be the cheapest outside of US sellers but sadly don't seem to accept paypal

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
how are coolshop? i want a copy of megaman zx physically on PS4 and they seem to be the cheapest outside of US sellers but sadly don't seem to accept paypal
They're fine, you've nothing to worry about. Depending on what you order, they sometimes ship from a warehouse in a different country so delivery may take a few days, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're buying a copy intended for a foreign market - they make clear the region of games that they sell on each listing.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Any good deals for a 1tb external SSD good to use for a Series X? Or should wait till next week's sales?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know of any decent gaming laptops that can be had for £700 or less?

Best thing I can find, though it's hardly a deal vs its regular price, is thus:

Gaming Laptops - Cheap UK Deals on Great Gaming Laptops | Currys

Love your laptop lifestyle and lightning fast PC gaming? Check out our collection of cutting-edge gaming laptops and experience next level gaming on the go.

You can get tradeoffs around that area though. Cheaper by a good £70 at the cost of a weaker CPU and GPU (though still decent in their own right):

Love your laptop lifestyle and lightning fast PC gaming? Check out our collection of cutting-edge gaming laptops and experience next level gaming on the go.

Same price as the first, but double the internal storage with a weaker GPU:

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Best thing I can find, though it's hardly a deal vs its regular price, is thus:

You can get tradeoffs around that area though. Cheaper by a good £70 at the cost of a weaker CPU and GPU (though still decent in their own right):

Same price as the first, but double the internal storage with a weaker GPU:

Thanks for this, do you reckon there will be any better deals with black Friday coming up?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
they generally do, depending what country you're in, that might affect the availability of it. coolshop is my favorite store, I would prefer to only shop there but they don't always have everything and sometimes other places are just dramatically cheaper. It's the only place that I can preorder UK versions of games from and get them reliably a day before release or release day at the latest (plus a good reward point system where you don't need a minimum amount of points to shave something off of your total).

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I'd like to get to upgrade my TV to 4K but entry point 43' - anyone know of any good deals? Saw one in Argos for 299.

Picked up a SAMSUNG UE55RU7100KXXU (55" Smart Ultra HD 4K LED TV with Built-in Wi-Fi) from RGBDirect for £389 last Boxing Day. Currys have essentially the same thing now for £399 on Black Friday. I've been using it with my Switch/laptop/PS4/XSX and have been very happy with it. No HDMI2.1 or 120Hz refresh but you won't find a TV that has it for that cheap.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Picked up a SAMSUNG UE55RU7100KXXU (55" Smart Ultra HD 4K LED TV with Built-in Wi-Fi) from RGBDirect for £389 last Boxing Day. Currys have essentially the same thing now for £399 on Black Friday. I've been using it with my Switch/laptop/PS4/XSX and have been very happy with it. No HDMI2.1 or 120Hz refresh but you won't find a TV that has it for that cheap.

I will chime in here and also say that buying in for 2.1 & 120Hz just isn't worth it yet, especially if the TV is for mixed use. There just isn't enough 120hz content and the games using it will be mainly smaller budget titles (see the Touryst) or some PS4/XB1 enhanced ports.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Hey guys, my work laptop is dying so i want to see if there's a good black Friday deal in Europe for a good gaming laptop. Is there some page keeping track of black Friday deals or do i need to search site by site?

If previous years are anything to go by it will be hard to go on the internet without seeing numerous sites listing the best deals. There will probably be a dedicated thread here too.

I've used them several times over the years and never had any issue with them.

Oct 27, 2017
Any good deals for a 1tb external SSD good to use for a Series X? Or should wait till next week's sales?

I just grabbed this for the series S, with a ugreen sata enclosure. It's the cheapest the 1tb has been, might go a bit cheaper on black friday? But i doubt it. Great speeds and some reviews saying it works fine with quick resume on the X etc.

£79.99

Crucial MX500 1 TB CT1000MX500SSD1-Up to 560 MB/s (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch, Internal SSD), Black

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I've ordered a game from them and it shipped on the 8th November and I'm still waiting for it. I emailed them on Thursday and have had no response so far. They don't seem to have a customer service number either. Really pissed off with them at the mo.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
For those looking for an external SSD, Amazon have the Crucial X8 1TB for £96 right now which is the cheapest it has ever been: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT1000X8SSD9-Portable-USB-C-Black/dp/B07YD5TK4F/

It's up to 1050Mb/s for PS5 and you won't need to buy an enclosure.

BUT please note I have one of these and haven't been able to get it to work properly with PS5 or PS4 sleep mode as it keeps saying I didn't disconnect the drive properly. May be a faulty unit but YMMV.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
For those looking for an external SSD, Amazon have the Crucial X8 1TB for £96 right now which is the cheapest it has ever been: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT1000X8SSD9-Portable-USB-C-Black/dp/B07YD5TK4F/

BUT please note I have one of these and haven't been able to get it to work properly with PS5 or PS4 sleep mode as it keeps saying I didn't disconnect the drive properly. May be a faulty unit but YMMV.

Someone posted (I think in the PS5 troubleshooting thread), that they were informed by Crucial (or whoever owns the brand), that the X8 isn't compatible with rest mode iirc. Might be a good idea to see if you can find that post in that thread, and have a read.

Edit: lol, it was you.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks might go for this with my Series X

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Someone posted (I think in the PS5 troubleshooting thread), that they were informed by Crucial (or whoever owns the brand), that the X8 isn't compatible with rest mode iirc. Might be a good idea to see if you can find that post in that thread, and have a read.

Edit: lol, it was you.
Ha, thanks anyway. Yeah I wanted to be clear about my issues with it, even though I think mine is a faulty unit. I've actually got another one on the way so will see if Crucial's claim holds water. There's nothing in the their documentation or even reviews online that suggests rest mode is a no-go.