• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hello internet, do we know of any good laptop deals for Black Friday? UK based person here. Want something for my son to replace his increasingly chugging chromebook. Standard Windows effort needed.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hello internet, do we know of any good laptop deals for Black Friday? UK based person here. Want something for my son to replace his increasingly chugging chromebook. Standard Windows effort needed.

What's the budget? I find cheap Windows laptops to be just as chuggy than Chromebooks

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
What's the budget? I find cheap Windows laptops to be just as chuggy than Chromebooks

I've been looking at Huewai MateBooks, and they are going from £500-£750. I can get those on Amazon and split out the payments, but wondering if there are any under the radar bargs out there. I would assume that waiting until Cyber Monday could be a plan too.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More PS5 stock coming

Hello!

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for order again on Amazon.co.uk on 19 November 2020 after 12:00 noon GMT. Stock is limited.

We will make every effort to deliver all orders as soon as possible. If you order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date. However, this may be subject to change.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking at Huewai MateBooks, and they are going from £500-£750. I can get those on Amazon and split out the payments, but wondering if there are any under the radar bargs out there. I would assume that waiting until Cyber Monday could be a plan too.

Yeah, take a look on Friday and see. Nothing jumping out yet. £500 for sure is kind of the minimum I would spend on a laptop that won't chug, bar great sales.

Keep your eye out for Ryzen 4000 laptops. They're really the best bang for buck and have great battery life compared to their Intel counterparts.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yeah, take a look on Friday and see. Nothing jumping out yet. £500 for sure is kind of the minimum I would spend on a laptop that won't chug, bar great sales.

Keep your eye out for Ryzen 4000 laptops. They're really the best bang for buck and have great battery life compared to their Intel counterparts.

Ok, Ryzen 4000 is officially on the radar!

Yeah, I definitely know that once you operate in the £3-400 range, it is all about "and what compromise am I going to be happiest with" world!

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Yeah, I agree, anything with a R5 or R7 4000 will perform great. Plus they're usually quite silent and power efficient. You might even be able to get something with discrete graphics on Friday for that price.
Edit: Actually, I wouldn't buy anything that isn't Ryzen 4000 at that price range.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

To give a point of reference since a few have touched on it, you can grab a refurbished Laptop in the current sales on Ebay, from Curry's clearance, that would be under £500:
www.ebay.co.uk

Acer Swift 3 14" (1TB SSD, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon) Laptop - Pure Silver (NX.HSEEK.004) for sale online | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Acer Swift 3 14" (1TB SSD, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon) Laptop - Pure Silver (NX.HSEEK.004) at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

You'd have to apply that coupon which expires from the 19th, but it's the sort of thing you can get for the money if you do a bit of searching

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Dutch Era! Xbox One X for €188, only available for pickup at Intertoys.

Xbox One X 1TB - zwart

Speel je games op de Xbox One X! Ze zien er fenomenaal uit en laden snel. Geniet van vloeiende 4K gameplay.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England

This is a well polished, amazingly executed game and is well worth the £10. Especially with the Arwing.

I'll put a however though: you really need to pick up the spare ships, which starts to increase your outlay. If you have no desire for additional ships (I grabbed them so my boy can play with them), then the digital edition might be a good look instead. Ships come with a pilot and one weapon. There are also additional pilot and weapon packs.

Just so you know the impact of having no additional ships:

1) You are pretty much defaulted to the fire/ice/arwing laser weapons. Which are great, but you don't get to mix things up with other weapon types.
2) Your ships are your lives. If you get killed, you have to respawn and restart. With a ship, you simply swap out to another character.
3) You will only ever play as Fox and "the dude". Which will feel a bit weird when you have all this exposition about a cast, but never get to play as them.
4) If you don't want to buy physical ships, pilots and weapons, then you will be having to look to pick up the DLC instead. Which is why the price of the game is so low - get you through the door.
5) You don't need to do any of this, I remember reading tales from those who played through the game 100% as the default Arwing pack.
[bonus] 6) The PS4/XB1 ship pack works on the Switch game. It swapped its default ship out for the Arwing, because obviously no Star Fox. I grabbed one for about £3 off eBay after looking for a while.

I've been picking up the ships gradually. I tend to grab them when they are ~£8 or below and I think I've got all the regular ones now, with only some of the specific special ones missing. They retailed for £25 each, but quickly settled around the £10 mark themselves. When you think that is the cost of the Arwing AND game, it demonstrates the power of the bundle.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The game wasn't abandoned, the physical stuff was canned. They developed a whole expansion with new Star Fox content.

Yeah, the game is fully fleshed out and fully featured. Got no complaints with it at all.

Doubt it would happen but it should become the new Star Fox on Switch 100% and weave in amiibos, rather than going toys to life.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the PS5, I just had a nosy at John Lewis's product page for it.

PlayStation 5 console ordering update: the PS5 console will be made available to order online only on launch day, Thursday, 19th November 2020.

PlayStation 5 consoles will not be available for in-store purchase at any of our John Lewis & Partner stores.

Please continue to check back online for further updates.

Thank you.

My reading of that is that they're not doing pre-orders, and that at some point from Midnight on the 19th they'll go live for orders. No DE, so no use to me, but still, someone might find it useful. :)

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Well, I'm going to have to recommend that people don't buy off boss_deals on eBay in future. My copy of Yakuza 7 was apparently posted on the 6th, still hasn't turned up and they are ghosting me now that I have asked them to send me a second copy. Not impressed.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
How are zavvi these days?
Havent bought from them in years sice a few things i got from them were broke.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm going to have to recommend that people don't buy off boss_deals on eBay in future. My copy of Yakuza 7 was apparently posted on the 6th, still hasn't turned up and they are ghosting me now that I have asked them to send me a second copy. Not impressed.
I ordered Yakuza off them, too. Did they send yours tracked? I got a notification from the eBay app that it had been delivered on release day before I checked my building's mail room.

Edit: If you are intending to avoid them, though, be careful to also avoid Simply Games as they're the same company.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017

Huh, not to say that this discounts your negative experience at all, but I ordered from them and received the game two days before the official release.

Ebay reviews can be keenly felt, especially negative ones, so you've got some recourse there. You should at least do that before the window closes.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Huh, not to say that this discounts your negative experience at all, but I ordered from them and received the game two days before the official release.

Ebay reviews can be keenly felt, especially negative ones, so you've got some recourse there. You should at least do that before the window closes.
Aye, I've opened an official case now - they are still selling the game so it should be easy enough to resend me a copy. Looking at their negative reviews though...hmmm well, lets see!

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I can't help but check for Xbox stock even though i am trying to convince myself i don't need one right now !!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's weird. I order practically all my games from SimplyGames (the same company) and the only issue I've had with them is preorders not arriving on release date lately. Admittedly that's not even really their fault since publishers aren't letting them post the games early any more.

Still, they sell games at enough of a discount (usually £5 less than anywhere else) that I'd recommend them to anyone.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
That's weird. I order practically all my games from SimplyGames (the same company) and the only issue I've had with them is preorders not arriving on release date lately. Admittedly that's not even really their fault since publishers aren't letting them post the games early any more.

Still, they sell games at enough of a discount (usually £5 less than anywhere else) that I'd recommend them to anyone.
Yeah, not sure what I did wrong to upset them lol - maybe they are too busy to reply but it's been 6 days since I heard from them and 1 day since I opened a ticket, alas.

Any deals on Series X controllers yet? x.x
All I could recommend is if you can find someone who still has a free £10-off coupon from those who preordered/bought off Amazon.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, I've opened an official case now - they are still selling the game so it should be easy enough to resend me a copy. Looking at their negative reviews though...hmmm well, lets see!

It'll be interesting to watch, because I've noticed that seller has been recommended (on the usual sites) a lot recently.

That amount of negative reviews in 12 months is high.

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018