• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
seems like amazon livechat is in a we're not playing ball mode anymore,

used livechat to complain that i got charged £50 for mario 3D all-stars when it was £45 on the page, they wouldn't partial refund so i responded back by saying would i have to return it and re-order it at that price to get my £5 back and the person on the livechat straight up cancelled the delivery without any confirmation, they also offered me £5 promo credit for the "inconvenience" and i didn't even get that either

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Brothers and sisters, I need your thoughts!

I'm keen on getting the new Apple Watch 6 - history shows that last year, Amazon gave 20% off the Series 5 by November. Do I have any reason to think that this wouldn't happen again this year? If so, I think I'm going to hold a month or so until UK's Black Friday.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Brothers and sisters, I need your thoughts!

I'm keen on getting the new Apple Watch 6 - history shows that last year, Amazon gave 20% off the Series 5 by November. Do I have any reason to think that this wouldn't happen again this year? If so, I think I'm going to hold a month or so until UK's Black Friday.
I would hold until BF anyway to see if you get a voucher from Apple for purchasing it from them, so even if the discount doesn't come, hopefully you'll get a gift card.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the reasonnwas for EU to get a different launch date to USA Japan etc?
Tier 2?

Assume logistics, I guess you could argue all the countries for the 1st date are nearest the PS5 manufacturing factories...

It was also a week for the PS4 launch as well though I can't remember the country split. Japan was definitely much later...

ps3ud0 8)

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
Some cheaper PS5 games up for preorder at AO (although apparently they take the money upon ordering).

Miles for £49
Ultimate Ed for £63
Demon Souls for £63
Sackboy for £55

cheapest I've seen yet. Actually a half decent price for Miles on his own. That's like current gen full price (how far we've fallen).
I don't know why people wouldn't just get the PS4 versions of Miles and Sackboy if after the free PS5 upgrade it just functions like the PS5 discs

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why people wouldn't just get the PS4 versions of Miles and Sackboy if after the free PS5 upgrade it just functions like the PS5 discs
Certainly what I'll be doing if they're cheaper of course. One site I've been to has both PS4 and 5 editions of Sackboy at the same price. I don't expect these to hold though.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Ah wow really. Not so great prices then ha
Hah. I was just about to order Miles. I'm gifting a PS5 to my nephew and wanted to at least get it with one launch game! Will hold out for now. Maybe I'll just get one of the latest PS4 games and wait for PS5 stuff to come down in price. Plus there'll be plenty of stuff he can play which he hasn't on PS5 via this PSN deal where PS4 games are available.

On another topic, looks like all of that drama around Mario 3D World Collection from Amazon worked! I received a 'good news' e-mail from Amazon, they're going to refund me £5, even though I hadn't even bothered to contact them about it. I already paid £45 for it because I had a £5 gift card from Amazon for having an item delivered to an Amazon drop-off location.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'm seriously thinking on getting no games until at least they reach ~£40, I refuse to paid that much for standard editions.

Yeah, i feel the same. I normally choose like one game to pay 60 euros for per year. The vast majority I wait until they drop to 40 or less.
There is no way im gonna pay 80. I will get Demon's Souls just to feel the next gen and that's probably it.
Also borrowing and buying second hand games is probably gonna be way more common for me from now on.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same as current gen, don't be paying £50+ for games if you can help it, lads. Bargain hunt, be patient, and wait for those drops.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
f3aaf0355f6170570d818hik5b.jpg

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've largely ignored trying to buy games digitally out of region, but I feel I might want to because of these artificial price increases just because it's a new generation.

How easy/dodgy are those tricks nowadays?

ps3ud0 8)

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I've largely ignored trying to buy games digitally out of region, but I feel I might want to because of these artificial price increases just because it's a new generation.

How easy/dodgy are those tricks nowadays?

ps3ud0 8)
Not that difficult, just make an account for the region, get credit for that region and buy.

Pancakes R Us (:.:)

Oct 25, 2017

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I did this yesterday using PIA as my VPN

www.hotukdeals.com

3 years Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £73 (New Users Only - See Post) - hotukdeals

Get 3 years Xbox Live gold and upgrade it to game pass ultimate for £1! £396 worth of game pass ultimate for just over £70!-----------There has been quite a lot
So I finally both an XBL Gold sub for a year and signed up to PIA VPN to redeem it. The subscription code redeemed, so before taking the £1 upgrade offer, I ordered another 2 XBL one-year subs from CD Keys. My order is now in review - they apparently pick orders to review in case of fraud. So I've got to wait until my order is reviewed, argh.

Is 3 years the max I can top up XBL Gold subs for?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Any good offers on FIFA 21 on PS4? I haven't played it for years and generally don't like it but I'm really hating the PES2021 update with a passion so if I like the FIFA demo I might have to consider going for it (although I know the demo is almost always not exactly the same as the final product).

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Generally, what's the cheapest that you can get Diablo III: Eternal Collection for, on the PS4? Was thinking of buying it for cross gen, but it's like over £50, where as CDKeys has it for around ~18 for X1.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seen it physical sub £20 lots of times.

Unless gonna play solo or only with friends it isn't worth playing, players run about in public games with modded items that give millions of XP per kill, and since XP is shared you end up with tens of thousands of levels in minutes.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any good offers on FIFA 21 on PS4? I haven't played it for years and generally don't like it but I'm really hating the PES2021 update with a passion so if I like the FIFA demo I might have to consider going for it (although I know the demo is almost always not exactly the same as the final product).

Unfortunately they announced there will not be a Fifa 21 demo this year.