• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Soooooooo, that Xbox Series S makes me happy I didn't jump on the X in the end. Are my calculations correct?

Series S = £249
3 years of Ultimate = £120 (from cdkeys)

Missing anything else I'd need?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Soooooooo, that Xbox Series S makes me happy I didn't jump on the X in the end. Are my calculations correct?

Series S = £249
3 years of Ultimate = £120 (from cdkeys)

Missing anything else I'd need?

That should be it, I don't know if the ultimate upgrade offer would end anytime soon. I'd assume not, but you never know.

Part of me wishes I'd held out too, but I really wanted a UHD Blu ray player again, and frankly I can afford an S if I really want one if they are under 300 notes :)

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
That should be it, I don't know if the ultimate upgrade offer would end anytime soon. I'd assume not, but you never know.

Part of me wishes I'd held out too, but I really wanted a UHD Blu ray player again, and frankly I can afford an S if I really want one if they are under 300 notes :)
Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply - I don't have that many Blu-rays and the ones that I do have remain sealed anyway!

Will see how work goes this month and then probably place a preorder down.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
looking to get the series x on release day, hopefully.
with that in mind i wanna' jump on the 'upgrade to ultimate for £1' deal which is still going on.
anywhere doing good xbox live 12 month subs at the moment? i think shopto's is pretty good at £39 or so.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
looking to get the series x on release day, hopefully.
with that in mind i wanna' jump on the 'upgrade to ultimate for £1' deal which is still going on.
anywhere doing good xbox live 12 month subs at the moment? i think shopto's is pretty good at £39 or so.

I did this yesterday using PIA as my VPN

www.hotukdeals.com

3 years Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £73 (New Users Only - See Post) - hotukdeals

Get 3 years Xbox Live gold and upgrade it to game pass ultimate for £1! £396 worth of game pass ultimate for just over £70!-----------There has been quite a lot

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
base cancelling all Super Mario 3D All Stars orders, anywhere else in stock aside from amazon to get it? don't exactly wanna pay £50
i don't even have a switch yet, i'm holding out for the pro version next year

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

www.hotukdeals.com

3 years Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £73 (New Users Only - See Post) - hotukdeals

Get 3 years Xbox Live gold and upgrade it to game pass ultimate for £1! £396 worth of game pass ultimate for just over £70!-----------There has been quite a lot
Thanks for that link - I'm tempted to get an XsX (or at least XsS) and am worried the Ultimate for £1 deal will finish just before, so this works out nicely. Seem though that cdkeys have increased the price to £26.99 - is there a better deal I wonder?

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017

www.hotukdeals.com

This is a neat deal. Is it possible to do this if you don't have an XBO yet, like all via PC? Also, where did you buy the Brazillian XBL Gold sub from?

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
You saw about the enhancements thread? That's pushed me towards Series X.
Yep, I saw that thread and initially it put me off, but then I think I misread that thread. I read it as if it referred to current gen XBO games being unable to take advantage of One X improvements like frame rates (though obviously not being able to do 4K). I will be getting some older BC games, but I hope to pick up some cheap XBO games and I'll mainly being playing on a 1080p monitor and occasionally on a 4K TV. I think for my use case it's okay for now. The XBO got a lot of discounting here in the UK, so I don't think I'd look to pay full price for a Series X if I ever considered it. I'd just wait for a sale. Plus, I don't feel like Xbox as it's stands at the moment provides enough games that I'm keen on, for me to invest in a Series X.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Yep, I saw that thread and initially it put me off, but then I think I misread that thread. I read it as if it referred to current gen XBO games being unable to take advantage of One X improvements like frame rates (though obviously not being able to do 4K). I will be getting some older BC games, but I hope to pick up some cheap XBO games and I'll mainly being playing on a 1080p monitor and occasionally on a 4K TV. I think for my use case it's okay for now. The XBO got a lot of discounting here in the UK, so I don't think I'd look to pay full price for a Series X if I ever considered it. I'd just wait for a sale. Plus, I don't feel like Xbox as it's stands at the moment provides enough games that I'm keen on, for me to invest in a Series X.
That makes sense. After missing out on the Pro, I want to make sure I'm future proofing myself for a good few years which is why I'm leaning towards the X. CDKeys increased to £27.99 now....need to bite soon I think.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I did it all in browser. And I got the code from cdkeys.com
Quick one, do you normally use PIA for VPN or just signed up for this deal? Someone mentioned used Nord VPN but PIA seems cheaper. I'm wondering if I should just sign up for a couple of years, if it may come in handy for other use. Is it still possible to access international Netflix access, I wonder.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick one, do you normally use PIA for VPN or just signed up for this deal? Someone mentioned used Nord VPN but PIA seems cheaper. I'm wondering if I should just sign up for a couple of years, if it may come in handy for other use. Is it still possible to access international Netflix access, I wonder.

I generally use PIA already, so yeah, I can recommend that service

I switched from nordVPN before it and I prefer PIA

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Soooo, I should probably reveal I'm looking for a new Xbox controller to use on my PC (I should change the wireless USB too but if the deal is sweet enough I'll bite on a regular controller) I kinda want to wait until the XSX controller is available and tested but then it's likely it won't go on sale this year at all, what should I do? I don't have anything pending to play immediately (well excluding Yakuza 0, everyone is screaming at me for purchasing it and keeping it in the backlog) but it's bee a while since mine broke, so my ears are open for the next 2 months or so.

Singh

Oct 26, 2017
Not a deal but Smyths have Ps5 pre-orders up.

www.smythstoys.com

PlayStation 5 Console - Smyths Toys Ireland

Buy PlayStation 5 Console Online at Smyths Toys Ireland Or Collect In Your Local Smyths Toys! Click & Collect Available ✔️ FREE Home Delivery for orders over €29

Should redirect you to the Uk site if you are in the UK.

www.smythstoys.com

PlayStation 5 DualSense™ Wireless Controller - Smyths Toys UK

Superb PlayStation 5 DualSense™ Wireless Controller Now at Smyths Toys UK. Shop for PlayStation 5 Accessories At Great Prices. Free Home Delivery for orders over £19 ✔️ Free Click & Collect within 2 hours!

Controller seems to be cheaper than RRP @ £49.99.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
As Apple won't be updating the AirPod Pros until this time next year at the earliest, I decided to bite.

Currys Online is currently price-matching to £175.99 from this site - you just need to get the code form the Web Support Team first.
Thats £73 off the RRP and £43 off what Amazon are offering!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
the £70 rise is pretty dumb, we've been paying an extra £10 since the begining of last gen more or less and that never dropped like they usually do and now we get another price rise because of the americans

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
£70 games is pretty fucking horrible, isn't it?!

How did we go from £45 to £70?

Man I paid £40 for FF7 remake now I'm having to pay £65 for Demon's Souls Remake.

Ugh..

It's RRP, so as allocations and unit prices get solidified, they'll come down. The current PS4 RRP is usually £54.99 to £59.99 and we don't pay that, so I don't expect physical games to be £69.99 at the usual places closer to launch. Same thing happened for PS4 where games were £60 during the pre-order period.

Unless they capitalise on launch games of course and keep prices high, but they'll come down for later releases still I'm sure. If they stay £70, guess I've got myself a shiny new PS4 Pro Pro for a little while, because sod paying those prices!

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
It's RRP, so as allocations and unit prices get solidified, they'll come down. The current PS4 RRP is usually £54.99 to £59.99 and we don't pay that, so I don't expect physical games to be £69.99 at the usual places closer to launch. Same thing happened for PS4 where games were £60 during the pre-order period.

Unless they capitalise on launch games of course and keep prices high, but they'll come down for later releases still I'm sure. If they stay £70, guess I've got myself a shiny new PS4 Pro Pro for a little while, because sod paying those prices!

Yeah I've pre-ordered an extra controller for £49.99 at Smyths which was decent and secured a copy of Demon's Souls. Can always cancel if I see a better deal though!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DMC V SE PS5/XSX is £29.95 at TGC

www.thegamecollection.net

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5)

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition As the storied publisher’s first title on next-gen, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition comes packed with an abundance of new features and game modes powered by next-gen consoles, in addition to the heavily req

No release date though. Only digital at launch it seems

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
I generally use PIA already, so yeah, I can recommend that service

I switched from nordVPN before it and I prefer PIA
Thanks, looks like I may be picking up that Brazillan Gold membership.

Just wanted to say thank you and also that it works.

And here I had just pre-ordered the ps5 yesterday and was thinking of not getting a series x now, or in the near future.

Guess I'm getting a series x now. Gamepass will keep me filled with games while I wait for sales on ps5 titles and go through the PS4 backlog on 5.

xbox 360 was my main console that generation but i skipped the One gen entirely.

I used windscribe VPN (got it as a one off payment on sale a year or two ago).

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say thank you and also that it works.

And here I had just pre-ordered the ps5 yesterday and was thinking of not getting a series x now, or in the near future.

Guess I'm getting a series x now. Gamepass will keep me filled with games while I wait for sales on ps5 titles and go through the PS4 backlog on 5.

xbox 360 was my main console that generation but i skipped the One gen entirely.

I used windscribe VPN (got it as a one off payment on sale a year or two ago).

Ha, yeah. I was eyeing up a Series X anyway, but was doing this as it made more sense with the PC game pass going up in price. Now I feel like I'm almost committed to get one!

Oct 25, 2017
Shopto just sent an email to change the ps5 pre-registration in a more serious order (I think), anyone got consoles from them before? I manage to get a preorder on amazon, but just in case they fuck up the stock.