• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Literally exactly the same as you would using a debit/credit card. You can pay the exact amount too, so no need to have spare credit in your account, etc.

It's very easy!

I can testify to this. It's also a very good app for foreign currency too, but that's off topic.
Maybe a silly question, but I assume all Switch titles in both the Russian eShop and the Mexican eShop will be in English? There's a few games on there I want to pick up.

Shovel Knight is only £14 on the JP eShop but I'm worried that this will be in Japanese?

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shovel Knight is only £14 on the JP eShop but I'm worried that this will be in Japanese?
The supported languages are usually mentioned in the description (which I guess only helps if you can read the description ;) ). Shovel Knight on the JP store supports English (and Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian, basically it's probably the exact same version as on other stores).

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for GT Sport to hit £15 still. Also missed that South Park deal, damn. Would have picked it up for £18 due to it having both games.

Amazon, pls, stop ending your deals so quickly.

The Evil Within 2 at £14 is tempting - https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Evil-Within-2-PS4/ Add to that Resident Evil 7 at £15 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Resident-Evil-Biohazard-PS4-PSVR/dp/ and for £29 you have some steals, with no shitty loot boxes.

RE7 is fantastic. TEW2 seems to be decent.

if you don't care about the stick of truth code there's a bunch of listings on ebay for £15

Oct 25, 2017
In London in some of them they're already selling it
R2MJ6KXl.jpg

but they're old games =p

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Just grabbed Assassins Creed: Origins (With Unity for free) On XBOX One for £24.99. Should keep me going while i'm off work sick.

CDKeys.com!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Cheapest trusted site for instant psplus? I just wanna play Monster Hunter with a buddy. And Rime, too. So one or three months either Spanish, UK or USA account is okay.

Cdkeys is good?

Deleted member 62

If you create an account on eBay.nl with a Dutch contact address, you can use "PROMO10" when paying with PayPal. Gives you a 10 Euro discount (minimum spent 20 Euro). I bought an eShop card, but Xbox Live and PlayStation store cards are also available.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
If you create an account on eBay.nl with a Dutch contact address, you can use "PROMO10" when paying with PayPal. Gives you a 10 Euro discount (minimum spent 20 Euro). I bought an eShop card, but Xbox Live and PlayStation store cards are also available.

Which seller did you use for the eshop code? I only see the G2A ones and they say the code is invalid.

Deleted member 62

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
What did you do for the mobile number when signing up? I am using my current number but it can't send a confirmation text.

Deleted member 62

Thanks! I guess partaking in one excludes you from the other, right? Got a card and will be jumping into Celeste!

I directly 'moved' to Poland after setting my country to the Netherlands. Both codes worked for me.

What did you do for the mobile number when signing up? I am using my current number but it can't send a confirmation text.

I didn't need to use any mobile number, I actually just used my German eBay account and changed the country in the settings. You can use this link:
https://signin.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI...untryId=163&guest=1&pp=pass&pageType=121&i1=0

(Change the .de to .co.uk if you have an eBay account in the UK, etc.)

I tried buying the same code but I got a message that this item can't be sent to Netherlands and that I need to change my address, any tips?
I thought the point was to set a Dutch contact address...

Your contact address needs to be in the Netherlands, while the delivery address needs to be in Germany. Just make one up, the code will be sent via email.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Your contact address needs to be in the Netherlands, while the delivery address needs to be in Germany. Just make one up, the code will be sent via email.

I think something bad happened :(
My purchase went through, but I got an e-mail saying that it will be delivered to my fake address, and when I click on the "See Order Details", I get an error message on the ebay site :

We can not complete your application now.
If you receive this message more than once, you can contact us and we will do our best to help you.

What should I do, did you get the code right away on your e-mail? Is it too late to cancel?

EDIT: never mind, I just got an email from Gamesrocket with the code, sorry for panicking!

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
I directly 'moved' to Poland after setting my country to the Netherlands. Both codes worked for me.

I didn't need to use any mobile number, I actually just used my German eBay account and changed the country in the settings. You can use this link:
https://signin.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=77&ru=https://scgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ChangeRegistrationShow&countryId=163&guest=1&pp=pass&pageType=121&i1=0

Code didnt work for me on the second try, oh well.. Also, quick tip, MMOGA is asking for a copy of my passport for verification and isnt responding to emails or "Live" support.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix does it again. Same deal as in December - Season Pass sits unchanged at 5 bucks less than the premium edition, continually giving launch day buyers the finger. Please be excited.

Fuck you too, Square Enix.
Sadly, they're not the only one, most publishers do that.

It usually results in me just never buying the season pass and going without. Their loss, really.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Square Enix does it again. Same deal as in December - Season Pass sits unchanged at 5 bucks less than the premium edition, continually giving launch day buyers the finger. Please be excited.

Capcom keep doing this with SFV. It basically took until S3 coming out for S2 pass to even go on sale, but they were selling the game plus S1 & S2 for like £5 more than S2.

I really dislike it and it's makes it harder for me to give SFV another chance (but at least now S2 has a permanent price drop).

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Question about the e-shop codes, can I use my 25 euro code while in South-African account, or is it valid only for the countries where currency is euro?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017

https://signin.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=77&ru=https://scgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ChangeRegistrationShow&countryId=163&guest=1&pp=pass&pageType=121&i1=0

Thanks

Deleted member 62

Code didnt work for me on the second try, oh well.. Also, quick tip, MMOGA is asking for a copy of my passport for verification and isnt responding to emails or "Live" support.

I would recommend against sending in a copy of your ID/passport. They could use it for whatever they want, identity theft is a big issue right now. Pretty much the reason why I don't buy from MMOGA.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
I would recommend against sending in a copy of your ID/passport. They could use it for whatever they want, identity theft is a big issue right now. Pretty much the reason why I don't buy from MMOGA.

Exactly. After some complaining and asking for another way to verify they just sent me the code without verification. Never heard of a company needing ID to verify, pretty shady.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sadly, they're not the only one, most publishers do that.

It usually results in me just never buying the season pass and going without. Their loss, really.

Capcom keep doing this with SFV. It basically took until S3 coming out for S2 pass to even go on sale, but they were selling the game plus S1 & S2 for like £5 more than S2.

I really dislike it and it's makes it harder for me to give SFV another chance (but at least now S2 has a permanent price drop).

Oh so it not just me who has noticed this. Why are publishers so punishing of their most supportive players?

I too often just decide to give it a skip when season passes fail to be given comparable discounts.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm after pair of Artics 7 steel series headphones.

Eurogamer listed them as included in the recent Amazon game discount code sale but they refuse to work when you take them to checkout. anything I've tried these codes on seems to not work.

Amazon is still the cheapest place to buy them that I have found:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSerie...&qid=1518620848&sr=8-1&keywords=arctis+7&th=1

Anyone know anywhere cheaper or the magic dust you need to make these codes work?

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Oh so it not just me who has noticed this. Why are publishers so punishing of their most supportive players?

I too often just decide to give it a skip when season passes fail to be given comparable discounts.
Probably with the logic of the supportive fans would give the support already but we want new fans now.
It'd be nice if buying a game I want to support at launch didn't mean I should've waited a few months longer.

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017
Probably with the logic of the supportive fans would give the support already but we want new fans now.
It'd be nice if buying a game I want to support at launch didn't mean I should've waited a few months longer.

It's a problem across the board.

Not only do you get shafted in terms of price compared to if you had waited until later, but often there are loads of QoL updates and patches that come out after you've finished a game.

Early adopters get screwed over all of the time; with hardware and software.

The only thing you gain by being there on day one a lot of the time is the chance to be "part of the conversation" and maybe to avoid story spoilers and such. Given the forum we're on (though maybe not this specific thread), I suspect that on balance, most people here decide that the tradeoff is worth it.