• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this,

Anybody had issues with ordering off of Amazon UK to the USA recently?

I placed an order (shipped and sold by amazon) in mid June and it gave me an expected delivery window of mid July. The date has since narrowed down to a more specific date, about 10 days from now, but the item has still yet to ship.

I understand that covid has completely messed things up and it almost sounds like they are maybe they are just charting one flight a month to bring items over. Just curious if anybody else is stuck in this boat with me.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Joy-cons seem to be sold out everywhere. Don't suppose anyone has seen any grey ones in stock at all? My left 'con now suffers from the dreaded drift and it's a pain in the arse.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is looking, Argos is still having a clearout on 3DS games. I've picked up a bunch as gifts for my young nieces. YMMV though, as most of these are click and collect and you would rely on a store near you having the stock. Not all titles on sale will be available to you. There are a few young child-friendly games which will hopefully be available. Also picked up Warioware 3DS for £3.99! My nieces will have a blast with this.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
damn these Argos sales, I can't travel to a store for pick-up and every game I want is excluded from home delivery

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I've absolutely loved Argos' 3DS clearance sale this year. I bought WarioWare Gold, Dillon's Dead Heat Breaker, Ever Oasis, Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Monster Hunter Stories, and Federation Force.

This, together with my round up late last year (each of the Etrian Odyssey games, SMT Strange Journey Redux, Culdcept Revolt), means that my intended 3DS collection is almost complete now, I really just need the two Devil Survivor remakes now (which are not cheap at all!) and Rhythm Thief. At least I own the DS version of the original Devil Survivor.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if livecards.co.uk is a reputable site?

Edit: After some research on my own, doesn't seem so.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
anyone got a uk copy of the standard edition of Yakuza remastered? does it have 3 languages on the back or just english? looking at listings on ebay and i'm trying to figure out if someone is trying to flip an imported copy or if sega got cheap and threw it on every copy

Oct 28, 2017
anyone got a uk copy of the standard edition of Yakuza remastered? does it have 3 languages on the back or just english? looking at listings on ebay and i'm trying to figure out if someone is trying to flip an imported copy or if sega got cheap and threw it on every copy
Do you mean the back of the box having three columns each in a different language ("Complete the Journey of the Dragon", "Completed Le Periple du Dragon", "Vollende die reuse des Drachen")? I have the day one edition (bought from 365) and it has the 3 languages on the back like that, so I say it's probably the same for the standard edition.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017

Had a quick google, and this seems to imply it has all three languages on the back.

Yakuza-Remastered-Collection-Contents.jpg

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean the back of the box having three columns each in a different language ("Complete the Journey of the Dragon", "Completed Le Periple du Dragon", "Vollende die reuse des Drachen")? I have the day one edition (bought from 365) and it has the 3 languages on the back like that, so I say it's probably the same for the standard edition.
Had a quick google, and this seems to imply it has all three languages on the back.

thanks guys

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
With PS5 pricing and preorders possibly going live this week, what is everyone's preferred retailer for console launches? My usual go to of ShopTo seem to have been taking preorders for a while via a 1p "interest" purchase, so I'm gonna be SOL with them this time.

I'm in the UK, so UK retailers if possible. Thanks!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With PS5 pricing and preorders possibly going live this week, what is everyone's preferred retailer for console launches? My usual go to of ShopTo seem to have been taking preorders for a while via a 1p "interest" purchase, so I'm gonna be SOL with them this time.

I'm in the UK, so UK retailers if possible. Thanks!

I just go with Game normally. Get some money back with reward points, they get the second highest allocation and use DPD. I don't ever use them for anything else but console launches.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I just go with Game normally. Get some money back with reward points, they get the second highest allocation and use DPD. I don't ever use them for anything else but console launches.
Xiofire I can second this. They have never failed me when it's come to a console purchase and the reward points can always be exchanged for PSN account credit or put towards another purchase.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Xiofire I can second this. They have never failed me when it's come to a console purchase and the reward points can always be exchanged for PSN account credit or put towards another purchase.

Thanks guys, feels weird but I'll make an account with them now. Like I'm dealing with the devil 😂

Edit: Oh, the account registration is down. Just my luck! 😅

Last edited:

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I will pick up the PS5 wherever I can. Amazon would probably be my preference as I have never had any issues (switch arrived on day of release).

If that's not possible I already did the 1p PS5 order on Shop-to back in the middle of May (before the reveal event) so I am hopeful that will get me near to the front of the queue.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017

They failed me recently. I ordered the Xbox Cyberpunk Console. It was marked as dispatched and i obtained the Royal Mail Tracking number, but Royal Mail never received the item.

They marked it as lost and didn't compensate me or seem bothered about it.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
They failed me recently. I ordered the Xbox Cyberpunk Console. It was marked as dispatched and i obtained the Royal Mail Tracking number, but Royal Mail never received the item.

Wow wtf!? I hope you have chased that up, like that's pretty insane.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Wow wtf!? I hope you have chased that up, like that's pretty insane.

I did, ask to make a complaint, they said there is nothing they can do as had no stock available and they do not compensate....I still check the tracking in the hope it will miraculously turn up......I know it won't :-(

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I did, ask to make a complaint, they said there is nothing they can do as had no stock available and they do not compensate....I still check the tracking in the hope it will miraculously turn up......I know it won't :-(
That's incredibly shitty. Did you get a refund though, yeah?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

They're using Royal Mail for a console delivery now? OK, I might change my mind here.

EDIT: SimplyGames use DPD. I might try with them if I get in quick enough.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I'm surprised that there's so much belief that pre-orders are going to be available this week. That surely can't happen without a price announcement, and I can't see that just being dropped by Sony out of the blue.

That aside, when we can order, I'll be looking to Amazon, GAME or ShopTo (because I already have a "reserve your place" order with them).

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that there's so much belief that pre-orders are going to be available this week. That surely can't happen without a price announcement, and I can't see that just being dropped by Sony out of the blue.

That aside, when we can order, I'll be looking to Amazon, GAME or ShopTo (because I already have a "reserve your place" order with them).

Isn't there a going trend with Sony dropping news randomly on Thursdays? Maybe this Thursday?

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
They're using Royal Mail for a console delivery now? OK, I might change my mind here.

EDIT: SimplyGames use DPD. I might try with them if I get in quick enough.

Yeah they did for Cyberpunk Console, but you can pay extra for DPD

UK Delivery Options

Our Warehouse team are working hard to process all orders whilst operating in line with strict guidance on social distancing. Once your order has been processed and is ready to be shipped delivery timescales highlighted below will apply. You will...

That's good and I don't blame you for not going with them after that.

Yeah i'll never say never, but they will be one of my last options from now on