• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What is the cheapest option of getting Xbox Game Pass for PC only? I have a one month trial but it'll be £3.99/mo afterwards.

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I've no idea why, but a bunch of Switch releases straight from Spain have lately been Italian-regioned as well, which is a problem because they always glue those nasty holographic stickers inside the cover for some stupid, ridiculous reason that made sense 20 years ago. That things seems irremovable without causing damage to the plastic cover of the case. I've been trying to find videos showing how to remove it without leaving traces but since they are an Italian thing and I can't speak Italian I'm clearly looking on the wrong places. Help, Italy Era?

Oh yeah, speaking of Switch, Snack World is already hitting bargain prices. Here's it at £24.85 on base.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
The uk stores are really inconsistent with these days of play sales lol. They all seem to be just making up their own prices still.

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
I've no idea why, but a bunch of Switch releases straight from Spain have lately been Italian-regioned as well, which is a problem because they always glue those nasty holographic stickers inside the cover for some stupid, ridiculous reason that made sense 20 years ago. That things seems irremovable without causing damage to the plastic cover of the case. I've been trying to find videos showing how to remove it without leaving traces but since they are an Italian thing and I can't speak Italian I'm clearly looking on the wrong places. Help, Italy Era?

I can get rid of most stickers including those pesky electronic tags (if that's what you mean) with surgical spirit or any other alcohol-based cleanser. When something has been stickered for DECADES I find a small dose of lighter fluid does wonders (but be careful how you spread it as it is quite corrosive, distill it in some water and dampen a cotton ball on it rather than applying directly).

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can get rid of most stickers including those pesky electronic tags (if that's what you mean) with surgical spirit or any other alcohol-based cleanser. When something has been stickered for DECADES I find a small dose of lighter fluid does wonders (but be careful how you spread it as it is quite corrosive, distill it in some water and dampen a cotton ball on it rather than applying directly).
I'd use rubbing alcohol before spirits, lighter fluid etc. Also test it on a small space or something similar before you do otherwise it can ruin the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The uk stores are really inconsistent with these days of play sales lol. They all seem to be just making up their own prices still.
They all undercut RRP by huge amounts in the first place so when you get these sales they realise it not much different to their normal price so have to invent an even lower one themselves.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Since they have started blocking non-UK residents from purchasing digital PlayStation codes, they have started to have all sort of issues.
That makes sense. In case it helps anyone else, just found out from Shopto that the issue is apparently if you're using Plusnet or Vodafone as an ISP they can use non-UK IP addresses which causes issues with the site identifying you as from outside the UK, even when you log in (according to them as well, they "don't need to fix this" themselves). Using your mobile data is the only option it seems to buy from them unless you're allocated a UK IP address. Not sure what system they're using as have no other issue using normally geoblocked sites like Netflix, iplayer, etc.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well Shopto says my copy of Xenoblade shipped while Royal Mail's last update was wednesday and it says that it was waiting for the sender to give them the item. First and probably last time I used this service I guess.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well Shopto says my copy of Xenoblade shipped while Royal Mail's last update was wednesday and it says that it was waiting for the sender to give them the item. First and probably last time I used this service I guess.

Royal Mail's tracking has been broken. I've had items I've sent look like they never left the facility, then it apparently shows up

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon failed to delivery the especial edition of Xenoblades today, and i had to beg for a £5 discount in the chat, i feel dirty now, they said that if it doesn't arrive by the 1st, they will refund me.

Oct 25, 2017
No idea, probably they will ask me to return it after I can imagine. They told me same thing about refund in the chat.
ddpPb68.jpg

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon failed to delivery the especial edition of Xenoblades today, and i had to beg for a £5 discount in the chat, i feel dirty now, they said that if it doesn't arrive by the 1st, they will refund me.
We also know rightly that there are delays for items not considered priority due to a reduction in the workforce. In any normal times you could expect Royal Mail or whichever courier to come through but give them a break for a being a few days late

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for keep derailing the thread
We also know rightly that there are delays for items not considered priority due to a reduction in the workforce. In any normal times you could expect Royal Mail or whichever courier to come through but give them a break for a being a few days late
in this case Royal Mail fucked up, they send it to Leeds facility, when it was for south London, I got like 4sms telling me that there were mistakes and it's going to be delay.

They refund a 99€ game because it's 1 day late and you can still keep it? I can't imagine that.

it will be 4 days by that time, it happen before to me, but always with stuff below £10 (they always said just keep it).

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
That makes sense. In case it helps anyone else, just found out from Shopto that the issue is apparently if you're using Plusnet or Vodafone as an ISP they can use non-UK IP addresses which causes issues with the site identifying you as from outside the UK, even when you log in (according to them as well, they "don't need to fix this" themselves). Using your mobile data is the only option it seems to buy from them unless you're allocated a UK IP address. Not sure what system they're using as have no other issue using normally geoblocked sites like Netflix, iplayer, etc.

Anyone can use outside UK IP addresses? I was on BT and used them for years.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
it will be 4 days by that time, it happen before to me, but always with stuff below £10 (they always said just keep it).
I can see that for the stuff below 10€ because their expenses for a return would probably be higher. But not with a 99€ game.

Worst case I had was a 4weeks delay for The Order 1886 on PS4 and I got nothing in return. Only the option to cancel, but not keeping the item. But, I mean, you can at least try to refund and keep it. Maybe you are lucky :-D

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone can use outside UK IP addresses? I was on BT and used them for years.
According to Shopto that's the issue as they're saying you can be given one by the ISP without knowing it, but looking further in to it I think the issue rests solely with whatever geolocation service they're using as checking my IP it is a registered UK based IP and owned by Plusnet/BT. It appears the service they use just isn't updating regularly or is just plain getting it wrong at times. Today for instance it seems to working properly again if I log in (edit - actually it's not properly still).

Oct 28, 2017
I think as long as something comes within a week of the release date you shouldn't get a refund, maybe the £5 for inconvenience if there was a mistake (but even then it seems too soon to get that), but a full refund is ridiculous, especially now during a pandemic. Also the only days that would count towards delivery days are the Friday and Monday (and possibly the Saturday depending on your mail) that's at most a two day delay!

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I think as long as something comes within a week of the release date you shouldn't get a refund, maybe the £5 for inconvenience if there was a mistake (but even then it seems too soon to get that), but a full refund is ridiculous, especially now during a pandemic. Also the only days that would count towards delivery days are the Friday and Monday (and possibly the Saturday depending on your mail) that's at most a two day delay!
I don't think it's a full refund. I got the impression that it's just a £5 refund for the inconvenience.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've had a couple of things delayed like that over the last 2 weeks, they did turn up within the 1-2 day delay window they mentioned though.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, is ShopTo still reliable? Seems to be the best price for Last of Us 2 that I could find that I can stomach giving money to -_-

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
Saturn Germany offers a bundle of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition + Pro Controller for 95€ over the weekend. A neat offer, if you wanted to buy a Pro Controller anyway.

I'm on the edge of biting. Originally I planned to get the Collector's Edition, but it just was never available when I was looking for it, except at Gamestop. I didn't order there, because I was confident it would get back in stock at amazon or Saturn/ MediaMarkt. Now I wish I did. :(

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Not a game but I had the Parasite steelbook Blu-ray preordered since February with Amazon and it's out Monday (June 1st), then on Wednesday I got an email saying it will be delayed by 2-3 weeks (possibly as late as 22 days). I complained that I know naturally important items should be prioritised as they are but a 2-3 week delay is ridiculous, especially when I pre-ordered JoJo Rabbit like 3 days before it came out and I got it just one day late. I didn't even ask for recompense I just wanted a better date and they gave me a £10 voucher, but it really depends on who you're talking to on web chat really. They also can have a bad habit of saying they'll replace something for you for free (with no return needed) and then send emails requesting the return.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Saturn Germany offers a bundle of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition + Pro Controller for 95€ over the weekend. A neat offer, if you wanted to buy a Pro Controller anyway.

I'm on the edge of biting. Originally I planned to get the Collector's Edition, but it just was never available when I was looking for it, except at Gamestop. I didn't order there, because I was confident it would get back in stock at amazon or Saturn/ MediaMarkt. Now I wish I did. :(
But they did come back in stock at amazon several weeks ago.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, is ShopTo still reliable? Seems to be the best price for Last of Us 2 that I could find that I can stomach giving money to -_-

They are reliable but agreed, wouldn't want to give them money. TGC or Simply are slightly more expensive but TGC give a very good reward points system. Simply are also superb.