• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Another

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Portugal
Is Nexus the best EO game ?

Also, is the DLC on sale as well for all those games ? I don't think I've ever seen sales on those till now.
I wouldn't know, I've only played 3, 4 and 5. Ask me again in a few months! I've heard it's supposed to be a "best of" type of deal, much like MHGU is for the Monster Hunter series, a culmination of everything the series has been building up to as far as content and mechanics go but not necessarily the best overall package... it can be a great thing if you really like EO but might be overkill if you're new to the series. 5 is a great game, though. Personally, out of 3, 4 and 5 I'd say 4 is the one that shines brightest so keep an eye on that one.

As for the DLC... I didn't even know there was DLC so I really can't say.

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't know, I've only played 3, 4 and 5. Ask me again in a few months! I've heard it's supposed to be a "best of" type of deal, much like MHGU is for the Monster Hunter series, a culmination of everything the series has been building up to as far as content and mechanics go but not necessarily the best overall package... it can be a great thing if you really like EO but might be overkill if you're new to the series. 5 is a great game, though. Personally, out of 3, 4 and 5 I'd say 4 is the one that shines brightest so keep an eye on that one.

As for the DLC... I didn't even know there was DLC so I really can't say.

Regarding DLC, I was talking about all the games on sale ! :P

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'd say you can't go wrong with any 3DS Etrian Odyssey game tbh. There's no real consensus on which one is the best.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question...pre-ordering Doom Eternal from Amazon UK seems to get you a download of Doom 64. The game doesn't seem to be available on the PS4 store, though. Is it a Steam key or something?

Link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WFHQ...colid=3X3BKCR3EUN1&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

(if there's a cheaper place to pre-order this with the added DLC pack/Doom 64 please do tell!)

Doom - Eternal on PS4 | SimplyGames

Developed by id Software, DOOM Eternal is the direct sequel to DOOM, winner of The Game Awards’ Best Action Game of 2016. Experience the ultimate combinat

Could get it from there instead. A lot cheaper and it'll be delivered sooner too.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Question...pre-ordering Doom Eternal from Amazon UK seems to get you a download of Doom 64. The game doesn't seem to be available on the PS4 store, though. Is it a Steam key or something?

Link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WFHQ...colid=3X3BKCR3EUN1&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

(if there's a cheaper place to pre-order this with the added DLC pack/Doom 64 please do tell!)
£38.95 from The Game Collection.

The DLC is standard across all retailers AFAIK, and will be for the same platform for which you buy the game. Doom 64 hasn't yet been released, but the code that you get should work when it is.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
Checking the 3DS deals section, there's a few other great deals, damn:
Phoenix Wright Spirit of Justice (the last game) at 9.89€
Senran Kagura 2 at 9€
Popolocrois at 10€

Shame that we can't see the deals easily through the website anymore.

edit: made the thread for the Atlus sale.

Thank you so much for this post!

I'd recently decided to start building a collection of 3DS games that I never got the chance to play, and lets just say the majority of the current prices for the physical versions of these are really absurd.

If the Devil Survivor games were part of this, it would have saved me a huge heap of change!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

I'd recently decided to start building a collection of 3DS games that I never got the chance to play, and lets just say the majority of the current prices for the physical versions of these are really absurd.

If the Devil Survivor games were part of this, it would have saved me a huge heap of change!
they were on sale over the Holiday break, at least the 2nd one. look out for publisher sales. the ATLUS games are notoriously all over the place (literally) in terms of publishers for EU because they can't be arsed to establish a proper EU foothold so it jumped from Ghostlight to NISA to Sega to Deep Silver...

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who's the best for potentially dispatching early? The Game Collection? FFVII is a game I'm going to want to receive ASAP.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

As TheMoon said yeah, watch regularly for Atlus games, they're all often on sale, like SMT IV and Soul Hackers often under 10€.
The other games I've noticed have no physical version (Phoenix Wright and Popolocrois), or are just extremely rare (SK2).

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Who's the best for potentially dispatching early? The Game Collection? FFVII is a game I'm going to want to receive ASAP.

I received both Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3 a whole day early from 'The Game Collection', and Concrete Genie and Death Stranding popped through my letterbox on release day so, yes, they're arguably the best online shop to use in terms of an early dispatch ... 📮

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Tends to depend as well how strict the publishers are sending out stock as late as possible and threatening legal action if shops dispatch early. Can't remember if Square Enix were one of those.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
they were on sale over the Holiday break, at least the 2nd one. look out for publisher sales. the ATLUS games are notoriously all over the place (literally) in terms of publishers for EU because they can't be arsed to establish a proper EU foothold so it jumped from Ghostlight to NISA to Sega to Deep Silver...

Yeah, I was aware of this back when I bought a 3DS, and Atlus games being a priority, it pretty much twisted my arm into getting an NA console.

But I never really kept up with it, and during the interim I've lived in Japan for 5+ years. I assumed things would have settled and the prices would be cheap with the Switch running large. How wrong I was!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yeah, I was aware of this back when I bought a 3DS, and Atlus games being a priority, it pretty much twisted my arm into getting an NA console.

But I never really kept up with it, and during the interim I've lived in Japan for 5+ years. I assumed things would have settled and the prices would be cheap with the Switch running large. How wrong I was!
These always got small print runts. It's quite a miracle you can even still buy copies of the recent Deep Silver titles.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, SE did urge retailers not to ship early with KH3. It released on a Tuesday and most places didn't dispatch until the Monday.

Seconding TGC, they use royal mail 24 hour delivery, so even in the case they can only post the day before the game comes out, my preorders from them have always arrived on release morning at the latest, including KH3 last year.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Responding to someone on Twitter about FF7:

So it'll have to go out Wednesday at the latest

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
These always got small print runts. It's quite a miracle you can even still buy copies of the recent Deep Silver titles.

I'll probably still try to fish for physical copies of them online, but I'd be foolish not to snap up these sale prices!

I also feel bad for the multitude of sellers trying to hawk US copies on, who I assume, are unsuspecting buyers on auction sites. At least I have two consoles to cover the difference...

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'll probably still try to fish for physical copies of them online, but I'd be foolish not to snap up these sale prices!

I also feel bad for the multitude of sellers trying to hawk US copies on, who I assume, are unsuspecting buyers on auction sites. At least I have two consoles to cover the difference...
Yea, you can always find the amazon comments of those secondary listings full of "this doesn't play on my 3DS" when the only indicator is the ESRB logo on the cover without it being made explicit in the description too.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon.de gives you a €5, €10 or €20 coupon if you order something for €50, €100 or €200 via their app.

Search for "mehr bekommen" via the app and you should see a banner ad that shows if you are eligible.

Should look like this
XOBC7tb.png

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So my PC is on it's way out, it's significantly outdated and it would cost me far too much to repair/replace than outright getting a new one (been planning to for a while anyway). What's the best place for a rebuilt Gaming one, last time around I used Scan and the service was great but I'm wondering if there's even better alternatives out there (in the UK).

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So my PC is on it's way out, it's significantly outdated and it would cost me far too much to repair/replace than outright getting a new one (been planning to for a while anyway). What's the best place for a rebuilt Gaming one, last time around I used Scan and the service was great but I'm wondering if there's even better alternatives out there (in the UK).

Scan are still good, look at https://cclonline.com/ too

i ordered the coral lite

i wonder if coronavirus will still be on by april 24

It will be with all current signs, but production run will be mostly done already. The only fever you'll have will be Coralvirus

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
No signs of Ring Fit Adventure anywhere, is there? Been checking the usual haunts with no luck.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Can you even get a steam key from another source than steam itself for this game?

[edit]
Seems G2A has a seller that offers a steam key for ~€45 if you don't mind using that site.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Can you even get a steam key from another source than steam itself for this game?

[edit]
Seems G2A has a seller that offers a steam key for ~€45 if you don't mind using that site.
i'll take a look! not sure it's a better price than the cdkeys bethesda one but definitely check it out, thank you!

end of the day this is the least important thing in the world haha but still

okay so here's another question - the UK uses the EU eshop for nintendo switch games, right? as in, if i was to buy an EU animal crossing code i'd be able to redeem and play it on my UK account?
i know i could just make a new EU account but i'd rather not if avoided

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
You could also have a look at ocuk