• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There were OG XB1's going for under £100 earlier. Since I have a PC, didn't bother, but I'd rather have gotten that than one without a drive to be honest.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly OT:
A buyer requested to return a notebook he bought almost a month ago... is there a way to deny that? I know eBay always fuck the seller.

What happens if I withdraw all the money from PayPal and never "put it back"?

There goes £500 to waste..

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly OT:
A buyer requested to return a notebook he bought almost a month ago... is there a way to deny that? I know eBay always fuck the seller.

The item may come back in same condition so can resell it. If not...

If your PayPal is empty it'll go into the negative and you pretty much can never use PayPal again until you pay it back into your PayPal account. They'll threaten action against you and pass your info to a toothless debt collect agency but they will never do anything aside call you and sound threatening, but is all BS they are powerless. They not from the courts.

My friend got done out of a few hundred some years ago and she never paid it back nor faced any consequences (aside not being able to use PayPal). Reason being it would need go to court to be an enforceable debt, and if you're the clear victim of a scam buyer you'll win hands down.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Slightly OT:

Why can he return the notebook if it was a private sale? Or does this not matter in the UK?

This is the reason why I never accept paypal with stuff that goes over 50€ on ebay.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up a Nintendo Switch v2 for about £210 yesterday.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-both-colors-20-off-no-finance-needed-3300243

Any deals on some decent deals on games or recommendations on what to play?

Fantastic deal, but whenever I've looked at Very, it doesn't appear to be a regular shop but instead some kind of place where everything is on credit. It's like they want you to sign up to them as a lender almost, rather than a normal shop. Made me wary of it, even thouh its well established.

Ulbrick

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Nottingham, England
Fantastic deal, but whenever I've looked at Very, it doesn't appear to be a regular shop but instead some kind of place where everything is on credit. It's like they want you to sign up to them as a lender almost, rather than a normal shop. Made me wary of it, even thouh its well established.

I bought my Switch from them on credit, I paid it back pretty much the day I bought the Switch on credit - IIRC there are no early payment fee's or owt like that, you can wait for it to be delivered, check it out and make sure it's okay, then pay if you'd like.

AFAIK you also -don't- have to buy anything from Very on credit, however they give these deals to entice you towards doing so, which as I said you can just pay off early.

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Yeah they really try and push you into using their credit service.

For this I only had to open a credit account so I could become eligible for the discount code. Paid for the console using my debit card so didn't even need to use the credit.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Why can he return the notebook if it was a private sale? Or does this not matter in the UK?

This is the reason why I never accept paypal with stuff that goes over 50€ on ebay.

I put "no returns" but it never matters in eBay/PayPal, he flagged as "arrived damage" because it doesn't perform as he wishes.. so clearly he didn't like it, the only thing it bothers me is that I have to pay the shipping return, and I don't know if he took something (ram, hard drive) until it arrives :(.

So at least I lost £25 in shipping and he had/used the laptop for a month.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I put "no returns" but it never matters in eBay/PayPal, he flagged as "arrived damage" because it doesn't perform as he wishes.. so clearly he didn't like it, the only thing it bothers me is that I have to pay the shipping return, and I don't know if he took something (ram, hard drive) until it arrives :(.

So at least I lost £25 in shipping and he had/used the laptop for a month.
That sucks. Hoping the best for you and will keep this in mind for myself next time I sell stuff on ebay.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
At checkout you can just pay for the item outright, like you would any other retailer.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
For those in UK, Very affects your credit score by opening the credit account, and not in a "good" way because is only £500 (small amount). But apart from that there's nothing wrong with them, I took advantage of their discounts many times, and always paid right away, also stuff was always there on release day to pick up.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Italy

Media World has the Switch Lite for €170, use W1805P2Z6F at checkout.
Also, Astral Chain, Zelda Link's Awekening and more for €49.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's an XB1 HotUkDeals glitch coming up right now that lets you buy a gold Ultimate Team pack and it redeems as FIFA 20. It also shows up that way in Origin and PS4 but does not let you download. DO NOT TRY THIS, it will be revoked.

Also, CDKeys making bank, because their algorythm pumps up the price on popular games and the gold pack is now up to £29.99 and people are still trying it!

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
FIFA 20 - Xbox One - Various prices

CD Keys have made a cock up. They're giving out codes for the full game when you buy a FUT Gold Pack. Huge thread on HotUKDeals about this where people (myself included) have got a code for anywhere between £2.99 and £24.99.
Just go read the shit show of the thread and decide if its worth the risk or not.
I'd only bother doing that if you can get a code for really cheap. Otherwise I think you'd be risking quite a bit as I imagine there will be ways to check what code a user redeemed, and revoke the game and give you what the code was actually for.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'd only bother doing that if you can get a code for really cheap. Otherwise I think you'd be risking quite a bit as I imagine there will be ways to check what code a user redeemed, and revoke the game and give you what the code was actually for.
Who would do that? Cdkeys are not an authorised retailer, they don't have a direct relationship with Microsoft or EA.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Depends if it's a problem with the codes, or a problem with what cdkeys had the codes listed as. No one can have complaints if they find themselves down a game this time next week with some shitty FUT stuff in its place though, I guess the chances are fifty fifty.

I'm sure the eBay sales are just people with cdkeys codes flipping them.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Depends if it's a problem with the codes, or a problem with what cdkeys had the codes listed as. No one can have complaints if they find themselves down a game this time next week with some shitty FUT stuff in its place though, I guess the chances are fifty fifty.

I'm sure the eBay sales are just people with cdkeys codes flipping them.
Those ebayers were selling them for low amounts, so I doubt they were flipping them. They'd be charging much more if they knew what the codes actually did. Allegedly one seller even cancelled a bunch of orders, probably realising what was going on.

Edit: Oh and I saw someone link to buying them from MMOGA as well, which is a well known code seller too. I doubt it was cdkeys' fault.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
I bought one for £12.99 and added it this morning.
I had the game installed thanks to the EA Access trial and it's just unlocked the game.
fingers crossed nothing gets revoked

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I posted about it up above not to bother unless you don't mind taking a punt, because CDKeys are sending out the right codes, they're just redeeming wrong. It's the same on PS4 and Origin too, except you can't download it that way. It's just redeems as "FIFA 20 Standard Edition" but the downloads blocked.

I've no doubt MS will revoke and CDkeys won't refund since you got what you paid for. CDKeys will make bank though, their algorithm put the price up to £29.99 at one point.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
gonna get the snake amiibo, where's best in the uk to get it from that won't damage the packaging? i think i've seen that amazon tend to bend the card to fit it in a box
Just opened my box from amazon, the plastic is severe smashed :(.. never happened before, they issue a replacement, i hope it arrive safe this time.
Did you get yours?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a deal for the new Nintendo Switch (not lite) for my mate with the improved battery.

Is £259.99 a decent price?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a deal for the new Nintendo Switch (not lite) for my mate with the improved battery.

Is £259.99 a decent price?
someone on HUKD claiming there's another 10% discount code for ebay coming tomorrow and argos ebay has switch for £279.99 knocking it down to £251.91 if you're willing to hold out for an extra £8 saving
this is cheap arse era after all

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
someone on HUKD claiming there's another 10% discount code for ebay coming tomorrow and argos ebay has switch for £279.99 knocking it down to £251.91 if you're willing to hold out for an extra £8 saving
this is cheap arse era after all
Hmm, I might do that then. Cheers.