• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
It's always a sum of what you have up to 35+1 months. So it's irrelevant whether you have 0 Gold and 12 months of Game Pass, 23 of Game Pass and 5 Gold or 34 Gold and 0 Game Pass. It gets summed +1 all the way to 36. This means that you can add extra months to your Ultimate count before you make the upgrade as long as you manage to add any of the two options, through whatever method you find. Gold is usually cheapest to find, you can often find about a year's worth for 40 or so, whereas I yet have to see the Pass go below 60 for a year. Get the desided amount of months you want, hit that upgrade button and you get another extra month for a dollar plus the sum of what you had. So no matter what you currently have, find the cheapest option to increase any of the subs you have, it will work the same.
Ok so, I have the Game Pass sub expiring December 2020 and no Gold; If now I buy a year of Gold and then upgrade to Ultimate for €1, my subscription will end on January 2022, correct?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so, I have the Game Pass sub expiring December 2020 and no Gold; If now I buy a year of Gold and then upgrade to Ultimate for €1, my subscription will end on January 2022, correct?

Exactly. What you currently have of Gold + what you currently have of Game Pass + 1 month. If you find a good deal for a year of Gold, you basically end up with almost 3 years of Ultimate all around. The only limit is a total of 36 months: no matter the permutations you use, you will never go above 36 months with this conversion. You will still be able to redeem discounted Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass codes in the future (bar the ones that are specific to new subs), but their value will be recalculated to Ultimate based on new calculations, as Ultimate is the sum of different subs. So if you were to add a 1 month Live Gold code in the future, you'd only get 20 days of Ultimate, not a whole month.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Exactly. What you currently have of Gold + what you currently have of Game Pass + 1 month. If you find a good deal for a year of Gold, you basically end up with almost 3 years of Ultimate all around. The only limit is a total of 36 months: no matter the permutations you use, you will never go above 36 months with this conversion. You will still be able to redeem discounted Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass codes in the future (bar the ones that are specific to new subs), but their value will be recalculated to Ultimate based on new calculations, as Ultimate is the sum of different subs. So if you were to add a 1 month Live Gold code in the future, you'd only get 20 days of Ultimate, not a whole month.

Got it, thanks a lot mate!

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Missed the gamecollection 10% off promotion as well, since I was missing titles like FE and Luigi's Mansion. Of course it is available now for preorder though, after the promotion :x

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Missed the gamecollection 10% off promotion as well, since I was missing titles like FE and Luigi's Mansion. Of course it is available now for preorder though, after the promotion :x

They were both available at the start of the promotion. I have LM3 in my order.

Search was really bad, you had to just go through the pre-order lists

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Does this apply if i only want to use it on pc?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Haven't a clue what's gone on with my CTR order with ShopTo. I had £20 balance on my account from a back-order order that didn't end up getting restocked, used that against this order and paid the rest when I pre-ordered at the start of the month, now I check my orders and the order is still there but my balance is back in my account.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't a clue what's gone on with my CTR order with ShopTo. I had £20 balance on my account from a back-order order that didn't end up getting restocked, used that against this order and paid the rest when I pre-ordered at the start of the month, now I check my orders and the order is still there but my balance is back in my account.
I've been avoiding using them because I've heard nothing but trouble with their new site. Good job i dont use them much anyway.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
SimplyGames is the way forward. I've used them for a while now.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I used Simply a few times but they've dispatched stuff pretty late to me on a couple of those occasions. To be honest I haven't actually used ShopTo for over a year (the backorder was for Nier Automata for £18 a year ago and I completely forgot about it until recently and said since I wanted CTR I'd just use them). I've never really had the trouble with them others have and for delivery to Ireland they've always been good for me in comparison to other UK sites. But I haven't a clue what they're doing here. For all I know it could be a glitch so I won't know until I try order something but it doesn't look like they've charged me that amount now and they just dispatched it so we'll see what the coming days show.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
100%

got the dispatch today too god bless
nUubaJ.gif

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
I usually get Tuesday releases on Saturdays from simply games, have not used anyone else for preorders for two years now.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there's a thread for it but the majority of this forum is non-UK.
So I have 6months of gamepass code(no gold) , if i buy 2 years of live I'll get 2.5 years of ultimate when i upgrade for £1 right?
Secondly, what's the best place to get a live sub currently? The best i can see is cdkeys for £43. Can i change region to buy it? I've never bought live before so is there any promos I can use? I'm only buying so I can use my gamepass on pc.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to a giant GAME mug with every pre-order, and a profit margin dictated by whoever buys a re-usable bag.
is this bag law supposed to be for everywhere? i've always got a bag with stuff i've purchased in game or hmv for free even after the bag law came in, i'm convinced it's just if the place sells food

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the £1 gamepass trial on pc, I'm new to this but really liking it. I'm not sure what is going on but looks like a lot a of people are getting a ton of months. Is this a legacy thing that is being upgraded or can I get in on the action?

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the £1 gamepass trial on pc, I'm new to this but really liking it. I'm not sure what is going on but looks like a lot a of people are getting a ton of months. Is this a legacy thing that is being upgraded or can I get in on the action?
It ends on 30th June afaik, after that if you convert your live or xboxone game pass it will be worse than a 1:1 converison.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany

You can still get in. All months that you have on Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold will be added up and converted to Ultimate if you use the 1 £/€/$ offer. So if you have 1 month of GamePass (PC) and e.g. 26 months of Xbox Live Gold, you will end up with 1+26+1 = 28 months of GamePass Ultimate.

But the order is important, because if you are already on Ultimate, the conversion is worse.

I know there's a thread for it but the majority of this forum is non-UK.
So I have 6months of gamepass code(no gold) , if i buy 2 years of live I'll get 2.5 years of ultimate when i upgrade for £1 right?
Secondly, what's the best place to get a live sub currently? The best i can see is cdkeys for £43. Can i change region to buy it? I've never bought live before so is there any promos I can use? I'm only buying so I can use my gamepass on pc.

I think cdkeys is the best place to buy Live currently.

(I also found something called uk.scdkey.com on idealo.co.uk, but I never heard of them and their trustpilot rating is far from perfect)

Here's what I have done (from Germany):

1. Activate GamePass PC Beta for 1 month (1 buck)
(Disable recurring billing)
2. Buy 2x months of Xbox Live Gold from cdkeys (they show you the region for which the code is valid, I think they have EU and Worldwide keys)
3. Activate one of the codes, take the extra month for activating recurring billing
(Deactivate recurring billing again)
4. Activate the other code, again taking the extra month
5. Activate the Ultimate offer for 1 buck
6. Be happy about 1+2*13+1 = 28 months of GamePass Ultimate

I don't know if it actually necessary to deactivate recurring billing to get the extra month for the 12-month-codes, but did it anyhow.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the breakdown that makes sense and is an amazing deal for any Xbox players. Doesn't sound so great for a pc only player it's a big upfront cost and subscribing on a monthly basis as and when I need it probably makes more sense.

Link83

Dec 12, 2017
are they still doing the import the UAE version for games thing?
Your post reminded me - due to recent changes already mentioned in this thread I would like to move away from using Amazon and Shopto to other UK stores, but if possible I want to avoid import copies (Or at least website's where this is not clearly stated in the description) Last time I ordered a PS4 game from Base I received a UAE copy :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? Sites like go2games, simplygames and thegamecollection all look interesting, but I dont know if they are known for selling imports. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Your post reminded me - due to recent changes already mentioned in this thread I would like to move away from using Amazon and Shopto to other UK stores, but if possible I want to avoid import copies (Or at least website's where this is not clearly stated in the description) Last time I ordered a PS4 game from Base I received a UAE copy :(

Does anyone have any suggestions? Sites like go2games, simplygames and thegamecollection all look interesting, but I dont know if they are known for selling imports. Thanks in advance for any help.
shopto only sells uk copies, amazon is dependant on who you buy from on the marketplace or if it's fulfilled by amazon

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

I'd recommend TheGameCollection and Simplygames. I've had a mix of pre-orders and older titles for PS4/Switch/3DS/Wii - even one of the seemingly discontinued 3DS models that nowhere else had in stock for RRP - across both TheGameCollection and Simplygames. Never received anything that wasn't a UK copy.