• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm confused whats going on with amazon here as i haven't seen this on my own purchases (I haven't preordered anything from them in a while)

Are Amazon maybe putting a stop on the funds for preorders? They're not actually charging, just quarantining the funds in your account. Like when you rent a car or check into a hotel and they take an imprint of your card but don't actually charge you until you check out.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused whats going on with amazon here as i haven't seen this on my own purchases (I haven't preordered anything from them in a while)

Are Amazon maybe putting a stop on the funds for preorders? They're not actually charging, just quarantining the funds in your account. Like when you rent a car or check into a hotel and they take an imprint of your card but don't actually charge you until you check out.
No they actually charged for one of mine. It was an authorisation for the first few days and then they captured it on the 5th day.

You should probably look at the email posted on the previous page. I got a similar message from them when i complained. Theyre definitely trialling charging for preorders early. It's just random if you get effected as its only a trial at the moment.

Oct 31, 2017
I just preordered the special edition - steelbook etc so I don't think it is out of stock?
EDIT: my mistake I preordered the collectors, not the special. Yes that one is out of stock.

Oct 25, 2017
pretty piss with shoptop right now, they charge me for a preorder even though I clicked "pay later", and neither they support reply their email or in twitter.

Something strange is going on. Doubt we'll ever find out exactly why they're all doing this.

I don't think is related to Amazon, shopto always had a terrible system.., but it worked okish and they deliver early or on time. Now my preorder is gone (because i press remove, and they don't even have a confirmation) but my ~£70 are not back -___-.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
pretty piss with shoptop right now, they charge me for a preorder even though I clicked "pay later", and neither they support reply their email or in twitter.

I don't think is related to Amazon, shopto always had a terrible system.., but it worked okish and they deliver early or on time. Now my preorder is gone (because i press remove, and they don't even have a confirmation) but my ~£70 are not back -___-.

are you paying through paypal or card? paypal they charge instantly i think, they operate on 9-5 hours so if you've tried contacting them after 2-3pm they probably won't be responding to you until tomorrow

they used to respond to people on twitter but after that one fifa thing a couple years ago they kinda left their twitter feed for price instock and reductions and news spamming

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

I had a shit experience with pre-ordering KH3 from ShopTo. They charged me instantly (paypal), not an issue though since I knew they do that and the game came out only a week or so later, I was committed to my order at that point. The shipment day arrives and I get like 3 emails in a row from them saying they "failed to process" my order and demanding I give them credit card details so they can charge me again. I had already paid upfront using paypal and had the invoice to prove it was a successful transaction with the money gone from my balance. I waited hours for no response from their customer service and eventually cancelled my preorder and took it elsewhere. I suggest you check your ShopTo account balance, because it probably auto-refunded your money to that instead of to your original payment method. That's where my money went... which also proves that they did receive my payment and were bullshitting me. I used it to put in my final ShopTo order 'cause I'm never using them again. They are rarely the cheapest option anymore, anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
are you paying through paypal or card? paypal they charge instantly i think, they operate on 9-5 hours so if you've tried contacting them after 2-3pm they probably won't be responding to you until tomorrow

they used to respond to people on twitter but after that one fifa thing a couple years ago they kinda left their twitter feed for price instock and reductions and news spamming
Card. I paid with Revolut.
I don know they charge instantly with paypal, they told you so in advance.

I had a shit experience with pre-ordering KH3 from ShopTo. They charged me instantly (paypal), not an issue though since I knew they do that and the game came out only a week or so later, I was committed to my order at that point. The shipment day arrives and I get like 3 emails in a row from them saying they "failed to process" my order and demanding I give them credit card details so they can charge me again. I had already paid upfront using paypal and had the invoice to prove it was a successful transaction with the money gone from my balance. I waited hours for no response from their customer service and eventually cancelled my preorder and took it elsewhere. I suggest you check your ShopTo account balance, because it probably auto-refunded your money to that instead of to your original payment method. That's where my money went... which also proves that they did receive my payment and were bullshitting me. I used it to put in my final ShopTo order 'cause I'm never using them again. They are rarely the cheapest option anymore, anyway.
Well, if they don't reply by tomorrow noon I will ask Revolut to charge back.

I will probably end up purchasing from them, but with one of the ebay discounts that pops up now and then.

Oct 25, 2017
not a deal, but just manage to preorder Death stranding fetus edition, it's in stock on GAME (not sure how real is that stock though)

£174 for a small plastic baby in a case and a few bits of tat? They really do see people coming for this shit with those special editions.

Just buy the game on its own and be done with it, all the added collector edition items are just trash a few years after when looking at it.

to each their own :)

I see it as a way to support the developer also.

Last edited:

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
It's still there on Game's site. It went out of stock, but is back again.

£174 for a small plastic baby in a case and a few bits of tat? They really do see people coming for this shit with those special editions.

Just buy the game on its own and be done with it, all the added collector edition items are just trash a few years after when looking at it.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Argos (UK), prices for store collection:

Shenmue 1 + 2 (PS4/Xbox One) - £9.99
Sonic Mania (PS4/Xbox One) - £9.99
SEGA Mega Drive Classics - £9.99 (PS4/Xbox One) / £14.99 (Switch)
NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa (PS4) - £12.99
Darksiders III (Xbox One) - £12.99

There's probably more to find beyond these too.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018

I figured amazon would price match and sure enough, all these minus Darksiders are same price on amazon, though Shenmue is Xbox only.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Are other stores than the Nintendo Store in the UK selling YuGiOh Link Evolution physical? I have credit with ShopTo so I'm hoping they will but so far I've only seen it on Nintendo and 365Games.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Why won't Game ship the Death Stranding Special Edition to my address in Austria? Don't think it has more than 2kg and it's below £ 200

Oct 25, 2017

I might wander up to my Argos later and grab DS3 and Shenmue.