• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
You can currenty pre-order Crash Team Racing (Switch) for €27.30 shipped on Amazon France due to a €9.73 coupon that can be activated on the item's site. The Xbox One and PS4 versions are €32.07 shipped because for some reason they only have a €5 coupon.

Crash Team Racing Switch
CTR PS4
CTR Xbox One

Just bear in mind if you're in the UK that it's available on all three platforms from base for 28.99. Compared to Amazon France it's a £2 or so difference for PS4 and XB1, and presumably less waiting for it to turn up. Bigger price difference for Switch though!

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Best place to get a PS4 Pro kn the UK?
Not a guarantee but Amazon Warehouse Deals usually do a 20% off promo in March (as well as July and November). Can usually get a "like new" Pro from there for about £254.99. Only thing wrong with mine was a rip in the box. Everything else was still in the original packaging

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
I bought mine from Shopto on eBay when one of those 15% eBay discount codes was doing the rounds (they seemed to come round fairly often before Xmas but haven't seen one since). I got it down to £275 that way which I thought was a decent price, maybe wait until next round of promo codes?

EDIT: I just realised someone said the same thing a few messages earlier, ha!

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Just bear in mind if you're in the UK that it's available on all three platforms from base for 28.99. Compared to Amazon France it's a £2 or so difference for PS4 and XB1, and presumably less waiting for it to turn up. Bigger price difference for Switch though!

Thanks for the advice but I am located in Germany so the Amazon France offer is cheaper for me.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

3535.jpg

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any last minute DMCV deals? I saw Base send out an email about getting a Sleeve with is, but any slightly cheaper at all?

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Gamestop has a new trade-in option in Germany (also Austria and Switzerland). Basically trade-in old console + two games, get a new Xbox One X with Division 2 for xx Euro. (199 for One S, 229 for One, 169 PS4, 159 PS4 Slim, 79 Pro).
  • Xbox One S + Controller + 2 Games -> get One X with Division 2 for 199,99 Euro
  • Xbox One* -> 229,99 Euro
  • PS4* -> 169,99 Euro
  • PS4 Slim* -> 159,99 Euro
  • PS4 Pro* -> 79,99 Euro
  • Switch without a game -> 149,99 Euro
* + Games and a controller
Better deal if you trade-in a PS4 (as you can see, cause they will be able to sell those for a higher price).

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Hmmm, I've been toying with thoughts of Starlink, and that makes it very tempting indeed.

I wasn't interested in Starlink when I heard about the whole "toys to life" thing. Then I heard you can play the game completely digitally without that clutter and so I've been holding off for a sale. Picked it up but haven't played it yet.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NIPpon yasan have free shipping from 9am-4pm japan time tomorrow (maybe live now?)

Worth looking at some switch physical imports like Ace Attorney, Okami, Atelier etc.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone found any good deals for The Division 2 on PS4? Cheapest I can see is £42.95 from The Game Collection.

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Cheapest price I found for Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn is £27.80 from shopto (just £27.02 if you have bought a few things from there in the past) and they have free shipping everywhere. While we are here to be thrifty, keep in mind this will not get a large print run and probably not a bigger discount either 'cause Nintendo.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You can look it up on AllKeyShop and I think you'll find it cheaper. Take caution though, they put all key sites and I'm not sure all of them are recommended

Yeah I'd stay away from most of the ones on there to be honest. A lot are marketplaces rather than actual store fronts so a higher chance you could get taken for a ride with no recourse.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm an impatient bastard and want Sekiro before release date, which shops are usually the ones that break release dates? (UK)

I remember Shopto used to be really good at that but they kinda went down these past few years :(

Last edited:

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm an inpatient bastard and want Sekiro before release date, which shops are usually the ones that break release dates? (UK)

I remember Shopto used to be really good at that but they kinda went down these past few years :(

If you don't want to use Shopto then try Simply Games. They usually deliver the goods early.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't want to use Shopto then try Simply Games. They usually deliver the goods early.

Thanks, I'll give them a go! Was gonna go with Thegamecollection for their steelbook case.

I used to get day 1 games from Smyths C&C for their £35 preorder thing but the drive there and back can be a bit much so I'm at a stage where I'll pay a bit more for the delivery.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm an impatient bastard and want Sekiro before release date, which shops are usually the ones that break release dates? (UK)

it's published by activision, you'll only be able to get it day 1, not sure if simplygames still avoid this because they used to do UAE sourcing

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Sekiro and Activision, do they usually include every other localized European language available in their French releases?

What are the chances the French copy of Sekiro comes with at least English texts? 100%? And other European subtitles?

I guess Japanese audio is a given for every sku. But both my Japanese and French reading skills are non-existent.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Speaking of Sekiro and Activision, do they usually include every other localized European language available in their French releases?

What are the chances the French copy of Sekiro comes with at least English texts? 100%? And other European subtitles?

I guess Japanese audio is a given for every sku. But both my Japanese and French reading skills are non-existent.
Most of the time European games are PAL 5 (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian), with the more niche titles sometimes being only in English, German and French. I'd say they ALWAYS come at least in English, but there might be some exception.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Most of the time European games are PAL 5 (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian), with the more niche titles sometimes being only in English, German and French. I'd say they ALWAYS come at least in English, but there might be some exception.
Careful to generalize here as this varies by publisher. Better to check the specific publisher's most recent games to compare. Looked at the latest CoD and that was indeed an EFIGS SKU (unlike earlier games in that series).

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Careful to generalize here as this varies by publisher. Better to check the specific publisher's most recent games to compare. Looked at the latest CoD and that was indeed an EFIGS SKU (unlike earlier games in that series).

Thanks for checking. Is it a French copy? I don't know what other games to check for languages but even if I knew I don't have access to French copies.

I have Sekiro preordered on Amazon France since it was 40-odd euros and I just want it to have either Spanish or English text.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I've had an eye on Activision and Sony EU for being sketchy with the language thing in the past. At least during the PS3 gen.

I know Deus Ex last gen didn't have English on digital Spanish copy and I think some Bethesda games were the same, so I'm a bit worried. Plus I don't remember having any Activision game ever, except for something Blizzard, I may not have bought any one in fact.

At least I'm thinking every copy will have Japanese audio so I'm fine with Spanish text as long as I don't have to endure a Spanish dub, lol. Hoping for English anyway.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thanks for checking. Is it a French copy? I don't know what other games to check for languages but even if I knew I don't have access to French copies.

I have Sekiro preordered on Amazon France since it was 40-odd euros and I just want it to have either Spanish or English text.
Point of comparison was a German copy. And believe me, if Germany gets all languages, you all get all languages XD.

I use ogdb.eu (site is in German only, sadly) to check for stuff like this. It's easier for games that are a bit older as this is a community run database where users have to enter submit data. If a game is already out, you can also try checking pictures of the back on eBay and see if it mentions included languages.

I know Deus Ex last gen didn't have English on digital Spanish copy and I think some Bethesda games were the same, so I'm a bit worried. Plus I don't remember having any Activision game ever, except for something Blizzard, I may not have bought any one in fact.

At least I'm thinking every copy will have Japanese audio so I'm fine with Spanish text as long as I don't have to endure a Spanish dub, lol. Hoping for English anyway.
Honestly doubt Activision shelled out for localized dubs for a FROM game? Different publishers but the Dark Soulsies didn't have one, Bloodborne did, but that was a first party game.