• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, no idea how recent it is tho https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/price-promise-1023-theme.html

i don't think half of the staff are even aware because when i've tried doing it in the past i've had to nag them into looking on the website to show them that they do, i have no idea if they are actually unaware or are playing dumb and hoping i fall for it and just give up and buy from them at a higher price so they get commision
Thanks, good to know.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
bought a switch for 250 euros is that a good price or should i wait and return it?

That's an excellent price. I paid 300€ for mine this year and I love it to bits.

Edit: This is why I should refresh threads before posting. :P

you don't deserve this deal because you spell it mario cart :)

Well, it is a cart(ridge) with Mario Kart 8 inside.

It's been decades since I've seen anyone referring to a cartridge as a "cart", is it still a thing? I remember seeing it mostly on 90s UK console magazines (sorry, "mags").

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Well, it is a cart(ridge) with Mario Kart 8 inside.

It's been decades since I've seen anyone referring to a cartridge as a "cart", is it still a thing? I remember seeing it mostly on 90s UK console magazines (sorry, "mags").
ìt's not a cartridge :) it's a game card. like an SD card. cartridges were last seen on the GBA :)
DS, Vita, 3DS, Switch, the microSD card in your phone = cards!

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the ebay code! Finally decided to get myself a PlayStation Vr (mega bundle with astro bot, doom, skyrim, wipe out and vr world for £187

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I blinked and 428 Shibuya Scramble went out of stock apparently everywhere. Noticed that Amazon.co.uk still had it for £29.99, but that isn't the deal I wanted to bring attention to -- it's Shantae Half Genie Ultimate Edition (PS4) for £15. Don't think I ever seen it this cheap.
Price matching GAME, I believe - the price dropped about a week ago. I have this edition on Switch but I'd otherwise be tempted!

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so annoyed I missed that ebay code. I bought some SNES carts the other day, could've added an extra game and used it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Carrefour Belgium will have Switch, Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Pokémon; Let's Go for €379 from Thursday. Good deal or can better be found?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Thought i'd try and ask again, where's the cheapest place to buy JP PSN cards from that are instant delivery? Looking to pick up Onimusha.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
For those in the UK who missed eBay's 15% off promotion a few days ago, there's now a similar offer, at 10% - use code POWPOW10 at checkout. Valid until 8pm GMT tonight.

I'm so annoyed I missed that ebay code. I bought some SNES carts the other day, could've added an extra game and used it.
I guess that it's probably too late for you now, but FYI above just in case.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Are there any sites that are like IsThereAnyDeal but for physical console games?

For example, I'd like to find copies of Bayonetta 2 and Civilization 6 for the Switch, but amazon either doesn't have them or only has them through third party sellers with inflated prices.

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017
Are there any sites that are like IsThereAnyDeal but for physical console games?

For example, I'd like to find copies of Bayonetta 2 and Civilization 6 for the Switch, but amazon either doesn't have them or only has them through third party sellers with inflated prices.

Are you in the UK? I just did a Google search for "Bayonetta 2 switch" and then clicked the tab for Google Shopping. Eventually clicked through to finding it at £35 on thegamecollection.net - not sure how well this strategy works for other countries.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018

There isn't a perfect one, but I use gamecrawler and hotukdeals. The first one compares prices between various UK retailers, the second one is for checking on deals, but also shows current prices in the top row.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I can see that Tetris Effect is available in the UK now.

Anything I need to know about the UK edition? All good with it? :)