• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony doesn't want me to pick up PS4 Pro, huh? Been on the lookout for some good deals on it here in Italy and there's barely anything under 400, which was the price like two years ago.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Sony doesn't want me to pick up PS4 Pro, huh? Been on the lookout for some good deals on it here in Italy and there's barely anything under 400, which was the price like two years ago.

For better or worse, the PS4 Pro sells what they can produce at £349/€399, therefore they don't need to drop the price.

It's a little bit frustrating seeing Microsoft happily knocking the price of the Xbox One X by $100 in the US, and they have been known to go as low as the price of the PS4 Pro — at £349 — here in the UK, but it is what it is...

Maybe wait until Black Friday or even Cyber Monday to see what crops up!

I'm just popping into this thread to query the whereabouts that one can find Dragon Quest XI at a low-ish price. Can anybody find the game at £30 or below anywhere?

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get nier automata before god of war, far superior. 20s good though if you must, gow bored me to bits.

CJShields

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Soul Calibur VI and Shadow of the Tomb Raider to drop to around £25

Might be waiting a while ...

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not too bad, but it's a standard Pro from 2 years ago, and it's not even 20% off. I would have thought that 2 years in around Black Friday the console would drop below 300 here and there, but apparently that ain't the case. I know, market leaders and all, but they're really not going to convince me to buy a 3rd console for near full price this close to next-gen. I picked up a PS3 for like 100 Euros a year or so the PS4 came out, for example.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee are 36,50€ on Amazon Germany (+ shipping if you are from outside Germany)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DF2CMP4/

You have to check the "Coupon" box, bringing the price down by 13,50€

I told myself to wait but well, just ordered a copy
Great price for a newly launched Nintendo title!

Edit: And gone I guess? That didn't last long

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not too bad, but it's a standard Pro from 2 years ago, and it's not even 20% off. I would have thought that 2 years in around Black Friday the console would drop below 300 here and there, but apparently that ain't the case. I know, market leaders and all, but they're really not going to convince me to buy a 3rd console for near full price this close to next-gen. I picked up a PS3 for like 100 Euros a year or so the PS4 came out, for example.

Nah, they keep selling out so whatever they make is going at full price. Not going to be any significant discounts until that changes.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they keep selling out so whatever they make is going at full price. Not going to be any significant discounts until that changes.

The X spoiled me on 4K games big time, and since I don't own a PS4 yet, I wanted to go for the Pro. But right now, the Pro costs about as much as the X, and the latter is a lot more powerful. There's a couple games I can't play on it obviously (Spider-Man and God Of War, for example), but at the end of the day with the Switch getting a large share of the Japanese games already I'm mostly fine with my gaming. I would have bought the Pro if it received a serious discount (like the regular PS4s are getting, btw), but when the biggest we see is a mere 18% off or so, I'll be fine I guess. Hoping that the PS5 has native backwards compatibility so I can probably spend about what I have to pay for a PS4 Pro right now and get two generations (or more) worth of games in the process. Meanwhile, X it is I guess.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm planning to go physical with the Switch, what size SD card would be ideal? This is a good price, but seems a bit overkill.

I'd probably download a couple of eShop exclusive titles, but I like having a physical library when it comes to handhelds/Nintendo.

I have been putting almost everything I buy on digital and I just filled up a 128GB. Considering that includes Odyssey, BOTW, Smash, ARMS, Mario Tennis, Splatoon 2, and more and a bunch of download-only titles like Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Windjammers, Undertale, etc. etc., I think you'll be fine with 128GB.

But I just snapped up that 200GB to give me a bit more space. Thanks GetDigitized for sharing :)

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I have been putting almost everything I buy on digital and I just filled up a 128GB. Considering that includes Odyssey, BOTW, Smash, ARMS, Mario Tennis, Splatoon 2, and more and a bunch of download-only titles like Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Windjammers, Undertale, etc. etc., I think you'll be fine with 128GB.

But I just snapped up that 200GB to give me a bit more space. Thanks GetDigitized for sharing :)

Right, that's good to hear. I'll just get a 128GB then.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No problem, glad it helped people out.

I have a 128gb in my switch as well and I'm mainly physical, so it used for sale games or dlc, it's plenty of space.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
My 200gb microsd in my Switch has been full a number of times. I can't wait for the 400gb ones drop in price tbh.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
MY PS4's 1tb HDD is dying so I wanted to change it (it sometimes start to 'tick' and then the whole console lags for a frame or two.... repeatedly). I didn't want to spend money on it and have the very same storage, so decided for a 2TB instead of 1. Also move up to an SSHD because the price difference was minor. Ended up paying a bit over 70 for a 2TB SSHD. No the greatest deal of the world, but at least it feels like an upgrade instead of just a simple replacing a broken part (an 1TB HDD costs about 45 here). Got it from Amazon Warehouse "like new", btw.

Oct 25, 2017
Are Xbox One X units in the EU the same? (Barcode, Packaging, etc)

I bought a Xbox One X Fallout 76 Bundle in a store here in Germany.
An Austrian online shop has the same bundle for 110 bucks less.
I'd like to order it there and return the unit to the store where I bought it initially.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
TGC selling Agents of Mayhem for £1.95. I guess with free delivery, you can't go wrong (I hope)!

https://www.thegamecollection.net/agents-of-mayhem-day-one-edition-xbox-one/

It's honestly not a bad game, it's just lacking in the areas that made Saints Row as good as it was. Gameplay wise it blows all of them out of the water, but everything that isn't the actual hands on gameplay, such as the copy and paste interiors for the base missions, lack of co-op, no radio stations etc. bring it down.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I installed it from GamePass and still felt ripped off
Worse comes to worse, I'll play it and sell it to CEX for a quid lol.

Btw, God of War 3 remastered is on sale for just under £4 on ps Indonesia (for anyone like me that missed it for free on ps+). I wish they would let you download it still for free, if you had a running sub at the time. Oh well.