• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 3, 2017
My mother wants a new TV (around 50 inches) and was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions, max budget is £500 but I'm sure I can convince her to spend a LITTLE more

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this!

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nov 3, 2017

2019 has stock now, 2018 isn't until the 22nd (from what I saw)

https://ao.com/product/55pus738312-philips-7300-tv-metallic-silver-57644-108.aspx

That's the 55" which is probably worth the slightly extra if you can fit it (£529), but select 50" for £449

This is one of the models I was looking at, I think I can sway her that extra £29, thank you so much!

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Anything worthy?

I'm waiting for an xbox one x below £300 =p
Honestly depends what you're after. Tonnes of bargains out there across every category. If you're after something specific, itnstall the app and setup some keywords. You'll get notifications whenever a deal with those words comes up

Doubt you'll see a One X at that price. Maybe the Argos eBay refurbs (around £303) or Amazon Warehouse once they start their usual 20% off sale. Could probably find a bundle with games at £350 over the next 2 weeks and sell the games to bring it closer to £300

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
found a copy of Tetris effect in stock from a website called alza.co.uk has anyone heard of them? also looking on ebay i'm seeing a bunch of english covered copies of tetris effect too but for £40 so they've come from somewhere

Deleted member 2441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly depends what you're after. Tonnes of bargains out there across every category. If you're after something specific, itnstall the app and setup some keywords. You'll get notifications whenever a deal with those words comes up

Doubt you'll see a One X at that price. Maybe the Argos eBay refurbs (around £303) or Amazon Warehouse once they start their usual 20% off sale. Could probably find a bundle with games at £350 over the next 2 weeks and sell the games to bring it closer to £300

Man I'll even take a good bundle at £399/€450 to match the Red Dead one. First retailer that ships to Ireland to hit that has my money.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If new people to VR do feel queasy, stop immediately. It only gets worse.

I was lucky enough to be fine from the get go, but others do have to build up VR legs!

Also, buy RIGS and play online. Please. It's so good.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a copy from Amazon Spain of all places, came to around £40 (price includes DHL shipping, arrived within 48 hours). The item listing page displayed a stock US NTSC cover, so I was half-expecting that to be the version I received, however the one that arrived has a PAL sleeve with English on the cover and Spanish detail on the rear:

tpbt1syc9o.png

tpbt2r1c8u.png

tpbt3b6ikx.png

sorry to rain on your parade but a bunch of copies with engish backs for £30 have popped up on ebay, oddly enough they're all in Liverpool so i wonder if SIEE QA handed copies out today for the staff

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I take it we aren't gonna see any big PS4 Pro deals? Got my eye on Amazon's £350 Pro and Red Dead bundle and can't see any hints of pro discounts mich further than that.

Nov 3, 2017
I take it we aren't gonna see any big PS4 Pro deals? Got my eye on Amazon's £350 Pro and Red Dead bundle and can't see any hints of pro discounts mich further than that.

it's not even Black Friday yet...

but again like some dude elsewhere said, don't waste all your time looking for the best deal or you'll miss out, if you can stomach the price and think it's a good deal you swing

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
it's not even Black Friday yet...

but again like some dude elsewhere said, don't waste all your time looking for the best deal or you'll miss out, if you can stomach the price and think it's a good deal you swing
Just basing it on everybody doing early Black Friday stuff and word of mouth about Xbox One X but haven't heard any expectations about PS4 Pro. I can hang back it's for a Christmas present so I'm in no rush for the moment. Cheers!

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a copy from Amazon Spain of all places, came to around £40 (price includes DHL shipping, arrived within 48 hours). The item listing page displayed a stock US NTSC cover, so I was half-expecting that to be the version I received, however the one that arrived has a PAL sleeve with English on the cover and Spanish detail on the rear:

tpbt1syc9o.png

tpbt2r1c8u.png

tpbt3b6ikx.png
Yo, what are you photographing that against? Looks really cool!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
has pretty much everyone offered their best stuff today that runs for the next 10 days? was holding out until black friday to buy a 128gb micro SD for £15 that i kept seeing people mention on hukd they got a year or 2 ago but all i'm seeing is £20 and i'm that much of a cheapass for a fiver

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Why kind of renewal prices do you guys see on your dashboard ? CDkeys is currently doing a 12 month for £31.99. Just wondering if that's a good deal ?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
PSN Indonesia is something else.

God of War
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
The Last Guardian
The Order 1886
The Last of Us Remastered

All of them for £48.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Is it easy to do? I have got stuff from other countries before on consoles but not my PS4.

Yeah you use a Revolut Visa. Go to PSN Indonesia and sign up for a new account. A year of Indonesia PS+ is £15 just now. So get that then you get the games. There is a code for 10% discount which they tell you on the site.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia will have different games and not always in English, so if the free games are important for your sub, YMMV. But if you just want multiplayer, that's great.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there an online saves restriction? Only the ps+ account holder gets online save backups?

Nov 14, 2017
Isn't there an online saves restriction? Only the ps+ account holder gets online save backups?
Yeah I believe so, you can't use that feature, only Online play and free games (that might not be english, but they usually are in my experience).
It has pros and cons, the big pro is the stupidly low price, the cons are the free games (that are from the asia region) and no save backup online.

It also equivocates to about 1,4€ or 1,25£ a month so I'm not to worried about the cons.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Yeah you use a Revolut Visa. Go to PSN Indonesia and sign up for a new account. A year of Indonesia PS+ is £15 just now. So get that then you get the games. There is a code for 10% discount which they tell you on the site.

Thank you. Im from the UK and had no problem doing this,simply used British embassy for the address.

Anyone tried Argentina for cheap prices?

Planet

Oct 25, 2017

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Elkjop.no has Detroit for 179 NOK, (17£ Or 18.5€) same price for GT Sport, God of War for 250 NOK