• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Ha! It's obscene I was even considering it (will redact this if I impulsively buy a Switch in the next week) when I still have Wii U games to finish and have added to my other consoles' backlogs already this week.

Now just deciding between a cheapo LG TV or a cheapo Samsung. Seems like it's much of a muchness.

Ah but you would only buy a Switch in the next week if the deal was too good to pass up, right? [Gotta get your justifications ready, just in case]

Me too on the telly :). What size you thinking of? I'm wanting a 55" telly for comfy couch gaming but I don't need it. I have a 30 ish inch Samsung telly which I'm using as my pc monitor now and I love it. Have had it for a few years so would feel safe to go with a Samsung again. I've got my pc hooked up to and my Wii U now so I don't need a big telly for comfy couch gaming. I still want one though! :D

Kurt117

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Sweden
legit no decent ps4 deals in sweden.
PS4 pro: 3666 swedish crowns (~370 euros)
and cheapest ps4 slim 1tb is 300 euros :/
good deals on games though.....

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any recommendations for good headset deals? I would love something solid for my Rainbow Six Siege obsession on PC, but you get bonus points if you manage to recommend me a headset that's compatible with PS4 too.

Preferably in the 50 - 60 € range. I hope I'm not asking for impossible deals :D

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Me too on the telly :). What size you thinking of? I'm wanting a 55" telly for comfy couch gaming but I don't need it. I have a 30 ish inch Samsung telly which I'm using as my pc monitor now and I love it. Have had it for a few years so would feel safe to go with a Samsung again. I've got my pc hooked up to and my Wii U now so I don't need a big telly for comfy couch gaming. I still want one though! :D
It's currently a toss-up between a 40" Samsung or a 43" LG, both for £350 and both low-end 4Ks that are nevertheless a big upgrade from our current...23" Samsung monitor I bought in a sale almost a decade ago. I'm considering going up to a 49" LG but again, this is probably over-stretching for no good reason other than "it's probably a good price, I dunno!"

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Pretty decent Black Friday, especially in Germany. Expected much worse

Didn't buy a lot, mostly because I got a Switch last month (and cheaper than it is now). PSVR was tempting, but another "console" just seems excessive at this point.

Hope everyone found something nice :)

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only bought some headphones, Sony MDR-1000x for £150 like new on Amazon Warehouse. Not too shabby at all.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So any chance of a switch package flash deal at Amazon some point today and how do you know when to drop pennies when theres cyber Monday that may have better deals!?

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
So any chance of a switch package flash deal at Amazon some point today and how do you know when to drop pennies when theres cyber Monday that may have better deals!?

Well the Mario Odyssey with Red Joy Cons bundle was £279 last night and I think thats been the best so far. I think we'll see something else between now and Monday though.

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty decent Black Friday, especially in Germany. Expected much worse

Didn't buy a lot, mostly because I got a Switch last month (and cheaper than it is now). PSVR was tempting, but another "console" just seems excessive at this point.

Hope everyone found something nice :)
I didn't buy too much either since I invested in a projector last week (cheaper than it was on Black Friday thank god). But I did buy some nice speakers and wireless mouse & keyboard for PC on Amazon Warehouse deals. Games wise I bought stuff for 30€ on Steam with my discounted Steam funds (from several months ago), including a Steam Link. No console games, I already own too many anyway. I'm also pretty much done with Christmas gifts this year.

All in all a great BF/CM sale. :)
Germany really embraced it this year for the first time.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously? That sucks.
Yeah it's ridiculous. I'm still able to buy the base game though, which makes it even weirder.

VIp3Wwu.png

q2fBawA.png

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
It's currently a toss-up between a 40" Samsung or a 43" LG, both for £350 and both low-end 4Ks that are nevertheless a big upgrade from our current...23" Samsung monitor I bought in a sale almost a decade ago. I'm considering going up to a 49" LG but again, this is probably over-stretching for no good reason other than "it's probably a good price, I dunno!"

Dude as soon as I saw that 40" 4K HDR for £350 I bought it. It's a no brainier. I've bought Sony and LG televisions in the past and they've had myriads of problems, with blown capacitors after dead pixels and edge bleed from the lights. Personally never heard bad things about Samsung's. Their phones are filled with bloat but their TV's seem first class.

That's my thought process anyway!

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Dude as soon as I saw that 40" 4K HDR for £350 I bought it. It's a no brainier. I've bought Sony and LG televisions in the past and they've had myriads of problems, with blown capacitors after dead pixels and edge bleed from the lights. Personally never heard bad things about Samsung's. Their phones are filled with bloat but their TV's seem first class.

I got the top end 40" Samsung a few years back and it's a fantastic TV. Never had any issues with it. I didn't get 4K as they were so expensive at the time and I got this on a really good deal.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

That's the one I'm likely going for, time to stop agonising. Current monitor I'm using is also a Samsung and it's done well since I got it back when I first got a PS3. Plus, it's a 'low' enough price that upgrading sooner rather than later won't feel quite so bad. The UE40MU6120, right?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

Unfortunately don't expect actual HDR in any real capacity at that price point. Whilst tv manufacturers will sell you HDR on the box the tv is basically capable of accepting the signal and that's about it. Lower end tvs are just simply unable to display HDR due to a range of factors.

The cheapest mid range panel you can buy that supports genuine HDR is the Sony XE9005 in the UK, which has dropped to around 999 this black Friday.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
That's the one I'm likely going for, time to stop agonising. Current monitor I'm using is also a Samsung and it's done well since I got it back when I first got a PS3. Plus, it's a 'low' enough price that upgrading sooner rather than later won't feel quite so bad. The UE40MU6120, right?

That's the one dude. I saw it in the shop and it's awesome. JL warranties are a breeze in my experience so rest assured you're covered!

Unfortunately don't expect actual HDR in any real capacity at that price point. Whilst tv manufacturers will sell you HDR on the box the tv is basically capable of accepting the signal and that's about it. Lower end tvs are just simply unable to display HDR due to a range of factors.

The cheapest mid range panel you can buy that supports genuine HDR is the Sony XE9005 in the UK, which has dropped to around 999 this black Friday.

HDR doesn't interest me, but if it's included in any capacity it can only be a plus. 4K i can enjoy with my PC plugged in, as well as future proofing. I'd never spend upwards of £400 on a TV and even then it would need to blow my brain out of my skull. Mark you, I have seen the high end Sony's HDR up close and it is magical.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
They're legit, don't worry.

Reposting the crazy Sony deals again, just in case, Switzerland only: https://www.microspot.ch/de/gaming-...onsolen-games--C212000/?page=0&sort=price-asc

GTS for 22CHF, Lost Legacy for 15CHF etc. just scroll down and turn the page ;)

Edit: Wolfenstein 2 for 20CHF at digitec.ch if you can load the site and it's probably the censored german version. They also have the One S + Creed Origins for 150CHF.

I just got the Xbox one s with forza horizon 3 and hot wheels for 149chf at interdiscount seemed to cheap to pass on.

Also got my half price transport pass there at half price too, probably the best Black Friday I've had ever haha

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Yeah, I'm going in with this caveat. A grand is just not doable for me just now, this is the most I've ever spent on a TV! Maybe in a few years time though.

Thank you all for helping me, the most indecisive and easily overwhelmed man in Britain, through this difficult time. Now to never even sideways glance at any TV deal this weekend.

SilentRage47

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Bought Nvidia Shield TV for 169€ on Amazon IT and a Xbox One Elite Controller for 99€. I was looking to buy an Xbox One X but nobody seems to have it on sale.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
After roaming the Italian wasteland I turned to the much hated Germans, and after enduring their language I found nothing of value. So I went to the land of porridge, and Amazon delivered (with 4 pounds of postage).
I'm thinking of getting Wolf 2 and TEW 2 for 21 quids each, and I already took everybody's golf off of my cart for 13 pounds since I'd rather not lift my heavy ass from the sofa everytime I want a quick play.
All hail Winston Churchill.
Also it seems no flash sale on PSN for now.

Ps: Dan stop shilling the switch ok thanks

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Bah, ordered some things on Argos for collection and in that time Uncharted Lost Legacy had completely sold out for delivery. Is/was it price matched for £13 anywhere else?

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
I settled for buying Skyrim Special Edition PS4 from Argos for £26.99, it ain't going cheap anywhere else by the looks of it.