• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Holy hell those Argos deals are something. I've reserved Prey, sounds like a game that's well loved but flew under the radar. Though if I can be bothered to go get it while I'm currently sitting on a giant backlog is another matter.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
2017 32GB iPad 9.7 inch is £299 at Argos...they're going mental...Amazon have price matched.

DS4 pads are £38, I don't believe they go cheaper than that usually.
I've seen them slightly cheaper at £36 from time to time. I think there was something on eBay for that the other day.

Can't say I've bought anything so far for BF. Everybodies Golf is tempting at £13 though. Pro deals are tempting also but I'm not in a rush until God of War launches I don't think.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
God I'm such a mark, those Argos deals are also tempting me.

More 'practically', I'm also looking to update our TV (currently have a 720p 28" or something, so anything bigger and more HD is going to feel super luxe to us). I keep seeing 43" LG 4K set hovering around £350 (and I wouldn't want to go any higher than £400 tbh, we don't need anything huge), but if anyone sees any deals on sets they'd recommend, give me a shout.

(If it seems like I have money to burn I swear it's because I essentially don't buy or replace most things until sales because obviously)

Dave

Oct 26, 2017

More 'practically', I'm also looking to update our TV (currently have a 720p 28" or something, so anything bigger and more HD is going to feel super luxe to us). I keep seeing 43" LG 4K set hovering around £350 (and I wouldn't want to go any higher than £400 tbh, we don't need anything huge), but if anyone sees any deals on sets they'd recommend, give me a shout.

(If it seems like I have money to burn I swear it's because I essentially don't buy or replace most things until sales because obviously)

By all means buy a 4K set for £350, but expect very little.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017

They're tempting me too, but I'm being incredibly - and surprisingly - level headed about when I'd actually get around to playing them etc, so I haven't bought anything yet. After a cheap GPU myself.

In reply to your TV question, I think it's probably the same one I got on Amazon Prime day, which I paid £380 for, 43UJ630V is the model. I'm really happy with it, I went from a 1080p 32" TV to it and the 4K stuff looks superb on it.

Hateno

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 30, 2017

I brought this TV (well, paid £370, trying to refund the difference atm) and tbh, I think its great for the price. Seen a lot of people bemoaning it on deals sites for not being OLED, standard tv speakers yadda yadda, but as a mid range set I'm really impressed (came from a cheap set too but the BBC iplayer 4k preview made me a believer!).

On the look out for a reduced Splatoon 2/Arms or sub-20 Nier Automata now *dreams*

edit: Stating the obvious but of course you could buy a great TV for £500+ though at some point you're talking diminishing returns. For me personally this hit the sweet spot.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed with the LG 4K TV deal, it's a great price for what you're getting.
This time next year I'll be ready to upgrade to one, not in an immediate rush as I have a wedding to pay for.

Robin Friday

Oct 28, 2017
Ordered a pro with Battlefront 2, Fallout 4, GT Sport and knowledge is power for £199 earlier from Currys. Likely a misprice, taken down after twenty minutes. Got confirmation email though, keeping everything crossed!

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know, if you return games you order online at Argos to an Argos store will they also refund the delivery cost?

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Alcom.ch has the Xbox one s plus forza horizon 3 and hot wheels for 168chf

Interdiscount has PS4 pro for 299chf

This is in Switzerland, as a former UK resident these seem so cheap as that pro is working out at £228 and the Xbox price seems amazing, not sure what alcom is like though

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Simply Games has a bunch of recently released first party 3DS games cheap. Click here.

Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby Battle Royale, Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga + Bowsers Minions, Monster Hunter Stories, etc. Most at £20. Devilish Brain Training at £10 and Hey Pikmin at £15.

Also, Krikzz, the guy behind the EverDrives for retro systems is having a 20% sale on all EverDrives.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Does anyone know, if you return games you order online at Argos to an Argos store will they also refund the delivery cost?

Could you order with free delivery to your local Argos to pick up there? No delivery cost to worry about then. No doubt you've considered that but just in case....

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Alcom.ch has the Xbox one s plus forza horizon 3 and hot wheels for 168chf

Interdiscount has PS4 pro for 299chf

This is in Switzerland, as a former UK resident these seem so cheap as that pro is working out at £228 and the Xbox price seems amazing, not sure what alcom is like though

They're legit, don't worry.

Reposting the crazy Sony deals again, just in case, Switzerland only: https://www.microspot.ch/de/gaming-...onsolen-games--C212000/?page=0&sort=price-asc

GTS for 22CHF, Lost Legacy for 15CHF etc. just scroll down and turn the page ;)

Edit: Wolfenstein 2 for 20CHF at digitec.ch if you can load the site and it's probably the censored german version. They also have the One S + Creed Origins for 150CHF.

Last edited:

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the input, everyone! I think I'll hold off and see if anything amazing comes up on Monday, but I'll probably go with this. My current telly must be about 8 years old now and it was on sale then, so what would probably be mediocre to others these days will be great for us. Like you say, Hateno, I could stretch and get something more expensive but it's debatable I'd appreciate or need it enough to offset the extra cost.

Also went to order Nioh and found I can't collect it from any stores near me. Can I be bothered to try postcodes from all around the city to find somewhere I can collect it from or will something else distract me?
They're tempting me too, but I'm being incredibly - and surprisingly - level headed about when I'd actually get around to playing them etc, so I haven't bought anything yet.
Yeah, realistically what I've bought is just adding to my backlog, but I've been mostly picking up things I'd either be getting eventually anyway, or things I can play couch co-op so I can further indoctrinate people. I don't know how long my will can hold out though and I just start buying iPads and coffee machines and lawnmowers and sets of steak knives I don't need.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Switch + Mario and Rabbids for £279.99 at Amazon. Feel like that's about as good as it's going to get for Switch bundles.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Ordered Bloodborne: Game of the Year Edition and White Day: A Labyrinth Named School from Base.com, Bloodborne was £20 and White Day was £18. They're both games I've been wanting to buy for a while now and I figured Bloodborne's not going to drop any lower than that and White Day is hard to find anyways where I live. I might go buy South Park: The Fractured But Whole tomorrow since it's around 35€ in some stores but that's probably it. I considered getting Yakuza 0 for ~20€ and Yooka-Laylee for £11 but I don't want to end up just adding more layers to my already big stack of unplayed games.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Switch + Mario and Rabbids for £279.99 at Amazon. Feel like that's about as good as it's going to get for Switch bundles.
Take it with a pinch of salt but on the HUKD What's App group earlier tonight they said they've heard rumours of Switch sales starting at midnight. No mention of where or how much but I guess we'll find out in an hour!

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
They're legit, don't worry.

Reposting the crazy Sony deals again, just in case, Switzerland only: https://www.microspot.ch/de/gaming-...onsolen-games--C212000/?page=0&sort=price-asc

GTS for 22CHF, Lost Legacy for 15CHF etc. just scroll down and turn the page ;)

Edit: Wolfenstein 2 for 20CHF at digitec.ch if you can load the site and it's probably the censored german version. They also have the One S + Creed Origins for 150CHF.
They have a 1080 8gb for 550 CHF with Destiny2, pretty damn good price !

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Really like this Very deal but holy shit does that site have a bad reputation, they also charge like £4 delivery, but as someone who wants a white slim and isn't interested in multiplats on consoles they've got the best offering so far.

Any business that changes its name every few years because the previous one had become so toxic is understandably a big red flag. Is the difference in saving to the next best current deal worth the risk?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Really like this Very deal but holy shit does that site have a bad reputation, they also charge like £4 delivery, but as someone who wants a white slim and isn't interested in multiplats on consoles they've got the best offering so far.
From what I understand, Very varies depending on the deal. Sometimes they'll charge you in full and then you are credited the difference - something you might end up chasing for. The other thing is you might be expected to take out a credit account with them. I managed to get a decent deal around the Switch's launch with no catches (simple spend x amount get y off deal) and avoided delivery costs by opting for click and collect.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any business that changes its name every few years because the previous one had become so toxic is understandably a big red flag. Is the difference in saving to the next best current deal worth the risk?
Turns out tesco direct is doing the same deal anyways.

I'll wait till 12:05 and get it.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Switch + Mario Odyssey is £279.99 at Amazon.co.uk

Edit: that's for the red controller LE with a digital copy of Mario

Last edited:

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
DOOM PC Collector's edition - £14.99 @ GAME

jriBWLn.png

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Switch + Mario Odyssey is £279.99 at Amazon.co.uk

Edit: that's for the red controller bundle. Mario is digitial. If you prefer it apparently GAME is doing regular switch with physical Mario for the same price

Chances there'll be a better deal on the switch tomorrow?.

Whats the RRP for a switch system on its own usually?

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you prefer it apparently GAME is doing regular switch with physical Mario for the same price
Hm, says £309.99 on the website?

I'm trying to hold out completely for Black Friday, but a Switch deal could tempt me. The 4TB HD above, GT Sport/Prey/Battlefield 1 Revolution at Argos also crying out for me to buy -_-