• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
£35 on the PSN Indonesia store if you want it digitally and don't mind the X and O swapped in the menus (Asia version). Or EU version £39 on PSN Turkey store.

How does this work in regards to payment? I understand I'd have to make a new account with a Turkish address for example, but do they accept foreign cards/sell PSN credit somewhere online?

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Thanks. I don't have a Smyth's near here so i'll prob go with TGC for a physical copy.

Argos have it for 49.99, but you get a five quid voucher if you spend £50. So you could find something for a quid and get the game for £46 if you happen to need something else at Argos that you can use the voucher on in the next few weeks.

Obviously this isn't really a deal as it's a very specific set of circumstances, but it's an option!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
They make Zavvi look world class.

i've always seen good things about them on blu-ray.com with them sometimes getting movies delivered on the thursday before a release, no idea what they're like for delivery times on videogames since they're out most of the time at the end of the week

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
HMV online have been through so many owners that it's actually hard to say.

tolman

Oct 29, 2017
How does this work in regards to payment? I understand I'd have to make a new account with a Turkish address for example, but do they accept foreign cards/sell PSN credit somewhere online?
I paid with Revolut cc last week and had no problems. I heard that there is soft lock for 24h after first buy, meaning you can't make another purchase for 24h.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Searching for a website that ships Kiwami 2 for a decent price across Europe, to Italy, since Amazon.it failed to warn me in time that my copy wouldn't be here today. They will dispatch it on the 31st and I'll get it on Monday, so I'm out of places to buy games from. It's getting a bit ridiculous. Any info?

Oct 25, 2017
slightly OT: someone wants to buy something for me and pay me with Paypal, since it's a console and delivery in person, is there a way that he can't charge back or open a dispute?
I guess if they do friends and family it would be safer because he can't dispute, but the charge back risk still exists right ?

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm looking to preorder DQXI and I was wondering what site was my best chance to getting it early, possibly on the saturday, Simplygames or Shopto? In the past i've usually gone with Shopto but it's been a bit hit or miss with them recently.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
So I'm looking to preorder DQXI and I was wondering what site was my best chance to getting it early, possibly on the saturday, Simplygames or Shopto? In the past i've usually gone with Shopto but it's been a bit hit or miss with them recently.

No idea about ShopTo but you have a good change of getting it on Saturday with Simplygames (not 100% sure, it really depends on the game and the publisher). I pre-ordered Strange Brigade via Simply (out today) and got it on Saturday

Seyob

Oct 30, 2017
slightly OT: someone wants to buy something for me and pay me with Paypal, since it's a console (£700) and delivered in person, is there a way that he can't charge back or open a dispute?
I guess if they do friends and family it would be safer because he can't dispute, but the charge back risk still exists right ?
and by console you mean a PS4 pro 500 million LE that you're flipping?

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Shopto in my experience will get it to you for the release date. As a general rule, friday releases will be received on a Thursday. They seem to dispatch Tuesday releases on mondays,. As im impatient, ive gone with Simplygames this time, as usually receive there's on a Saturday

Last edited:

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
slightly OT: someone wants to buy something for me and pay me with Paypal, since it's a console and delivery in person, is there a way that he can't charge back or open a dispute?
You cannot do a charge back for friends and family but if it gets reported to PayPal your account can be penalised, since you are selling an item.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Saturn Germany has 3 for 2 offer going on.

Disappointingly, Fire Pro Wrestling and 428: Shibuya Scramble are delayed. Would have been perfect for this.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I paid with Revolut cc last week and had no problems. I heard that there is soft lock for 24h after first buy, meaning you can't make another purchase for 24h.

Yeah, after my first payment I got locked out for 48 hours. I honestly wasn't expecting Revolut to work but it did first time as a test on Thumper (it was 21TL, roughly £2.40) then failed the second time and I wondered if they quickly realised I had a wrong address listed but after contacting PlayStation they said try again in 2 days and it's been fine ever since.

Not sure if the Lira is due to get any stronger but there's some fantastic pre-order prices on there if you fancy purchasing now. Hitman 2/Kingdom Hearts III/Shadow of the Tomb Raider all available for 209TL/under £24. Meanwhile the standard version of Anthem is a whopping 140TL more for some reason.

Deleted member 28283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, after my first payment I got locked out for 48 hours. I honestly wasn't expecting Revolut to work but it did first time as a test on Thumper (it was 21TL, roughly £2.40) then failed the second time and I wondered if they quickly realised I had a wrong address listed but after contacting PlayStation they said try again in 2 days and it's been fine ever since.

Not sure if the Lira is due to get any stronger but there's some fantastic pre-order prices on there if you fancy purchasing now. Hitman 2/Kingdom Hearts III/Shadow of the Tomb Raider all available for 209TL/under £24. Meanwhile the standard version of Anthem is a whopping 140TL more for some reason.

Now this is super tempting. Dragon Quest XI is about £20 too. I'm trying not to spend money lol

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been mentioned already: GAME UK have a promotion running until September 6th that gives you additional trade-in value towards an Xbox One X. Gave them my original XB1, which knocked the price down to £260. They accepted it unboxed, for what it's worth. Fella behind the desk said they would've given me the PUBG bundle if they had it in stock, so it seems to work on any bundle priced at £450.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I currently have Spider-Man preordered via Amazon, but I'm now thinking about switching to Simply Games. How are they for Friday releases? Could I expect the game on Wednesday or Thursday?

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I currently have Spider-Man preordered via Amazon, but I'm now thinking about switching to Simply Games. How are they for Friday releases? Could I expect the game on Wednesday or Thursday?
I've received games early from them in the past.

FYI ShopTo and The Game Collection are selling it for less and with a steelbook.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been mentioned already: GAME UK have a promotion running until September 6th that gives you additional trade-in value towards an Xbox One X. Gave them my original XB1, which knocked the price down to £260. They accepted it unboxed, for what it's worth. Fella behind the desk said they would've given me the PUBG bundle if they had it in stock, so it seems to work on any bundle priced at £450.

I've never traded anything in before. What would I need to bring with me?
Other than the Xbox of course lol.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's been a while since I've used both of them - do they send stuff out early too?
I can't really say as I haven't used them for pre-orders recently. God of War arrived very quickly from Shopto when I bought it from them on the day of release with an Ebay offer. Wolfenstein was the last game I pre-ordered from TGC last year and I remember that came early.
Ideally the box that it came in and all of the cables that came with it. I can't remember ever needing ID or anything.

Oct 27, 2017
I had some photo ID (driving licence) with me, which they asked for. I took a document confirming my address - as I was under the impression they might ask for that too - but they never did. I lost my physical reward card a while back, so I got them to scan the QR code on my GAME app. They can just look up your details via postcode if you don't want to bother with that bit.

The guy explained to me that Elite members would get about £20+ in reward points for the transaction yesterday, but I never bothered with it. It works retroactively for five days so I still have time to sign up if I want, although it's £36 a year for the membership.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I got two months of Game Pass via the Windows store for £2. I have had it twice before so I am not a first time subscriber. I subbed for a month, cancelled auto renew and got two months. The deal expires today (20 hours time) so hurry if you want to do it.

I now have Game Pass until 30th October (Forza Horizon 4 releases on the 2nd October)

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
I got two months of Game Pass via the Windows store for £2. I have had it twice before so I am not a first time subscriber. I subbed for a month, cancelled auto renew and got two months. The deal expires today (20 hours time) so hurry if you want to do it.

I now have Game Pass until 30th October (Forza Horizon 4 releases on the 2nd October)
Thanks for the heads-up!

I managed to screw this up anyway. I've never been a Game Pass subscriber before, so I figured I'd take advantage of the 14 day trial and then just stack the cheap two months on top of that. Well as soon as I was a trial subscriber I could no longer get a month for the reduced price, but would have to subscribe at the full price. So maybe the restriction on the offer is that you cannot be a current subscriber (even a trial one) to get it?

Just sharing my experience in case anyone has the same idea I did. (Not a huge deal to me personally to be honest, I'm not sure how much I would have used those two months anyway)

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I've recently gotten interested in getting a Switch, so many good games plus Mario Party and Smash Bros releasing soon. It got me to looking for a console but I haven't been following the pricing, is it better to wait for the holidays or are there any good deals going on now?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've recently gotten interested in getting a Switch, so many good games plus Mario Party and Smash Bros releasing soon. It got me to looking for a console but I haven't been following the pricing, is it better to wait for the holidays or are there any good deals going on now?

I bought one off of AO's eBay store when eBay had the 20% off code. Probably as low as they'll go, so look out for codes.

Oct 28, 2017

Keep an eye on HotUKDeals. There's been a lot of £250~ bundles going on via various retailers like AO, Curry's etc.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
yes, ordered 2 sims, both failed to topup by phone, so annoying, i tried with 3 different cards alraedy :s
Topup both online for just £10. Slightly more hassle than the £11 method but we're coming towards the end of an O2 rewards period anyway (30th Sep). Top up both sims, claim the bonus offer and withdraw £15 from each sim now. On 5th Oct, claim your 50p O2 rewards credit on each sim and you'll be able to transfer the remaining £5 off each of them.

Also, you should always be clicking through TCB/Quidco when you order your sims for another £5 Cashback. Although there is a limit on how many times you can do that per year.

Oct 25, 2017
Topup both online for just £10. Slightly more hassle than the £11 method but we're coming towards the end of an O2 rewards period anyway (30th Sep). Top up both sims, claim the bonus offer and withdraw £15 from each sim now. On 5th Oct, claim your 50p O2 rewards credit on each sim and you'll be able to transfer the remaining £5 off each of them.

Also, you should always be clicking through TCB/Quidco when you order your sims for another £5 Cashback. Although there is a limit on how many times you can do that per year.

Thanks!, Do i need to subscribe to reward program before topping up to get the 10% back to get those 50p? or after is ok?