• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Simon Belmont (Captian N) I loved Castlevania as a kid so of course this version of him really pissed me off. He was practically nothing like Simon in the games. He barely did anything helpful, caring more about himself than the Princess despite him being one of her highest ranking officers. Plus a coward and just an all around jerk. I'll admit he had tiny glimmers we're he shinned but it was so infrequent I was surprised when he did prove useful.

latest

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Simon Belmont (Captian N) I loved Castlevania as a kid so of course this version of him really pissed me off. He was practically nothing like Simon in the games. He barely did anything helpful, caring more about himself than the Princess despite him being one of her highest ranking officers. Plus a coward and just an all around jerk. I'll admit he had tiny glimmers we're he shinned but it was so infrequent I was surprised when he did prove useful.

latest
Everyone in Captain N was just in name only. Like, Green Megaman?????

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Bloo from Foster's Home post Season 1.

He had a genuinely good heart despite his selfishness and annoyingness at the start, but his likeability went out the window when they decided to turn him into a whiny, irredeemable prick.

Oct 27, 2017
all of the care bears

you're gonna stand around me in a circle and fucking shame me into being in a better mood?
piss right off with your ursine rightthink

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I thought Bumblebee was annoying until they introduced Wheelie.

But all the humans or kids in the shows that were supposed to be the proxies for the audience were pretty terrible. Then you have the grandmas like snarf.

But if you want a more recent one, how about Pony Head from Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

Also, Pepe Le Pew didn't age well, but I wasn't all too fond of him as a kid either.

I at least like Wheelie's design better. And it was pretty cool when he shot that Sweep in the face and killed him.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Lol its funny how much a little bastard Blue turn out to be from Foster Home
See my headcanon for that (if you want to call it that), was since they spent the whole special treating him like the most special friend to ever exist, then he spent the entire first season getting away with everything, he got a huge ego and let his leverage with Madame Foster get to his head. It's like "what would Mac have been like if he was basically unsupervised and never had any respectable authority figures in his life?" That's Bloo basically.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a more forgettable cartoon with as much hate as Johnny Test

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Elmyra is such a weird character, she was supposed to be based on Elmer Fudd but she really shares no attributes with him the way the rest of the Tiny Toons shared attributes with their mentors, aside from vaguely looking like him(though all the Tiny Toons in a way resembled their Looney Tunes mentors). I don't know, I don't understand her character at all.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Elmyra is an animal abusing monster. I can't believe they were planning to give her own spin-off series.
Planning? It happened and it killed off the Pinky & the Brain spin-off series to boot.

Even the animators hated the idea. The only reason they made that show was because the higher-ups told them to. For whatever reason they loved Elmyra.

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate that devil guy from Cow and Chicken. Actually hate the whole show. It gives me the creeps in a horrendous way and really gets under my skin. It's like being on a bad acid trip while slowly figuring out you're also in Hell.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Planning? It happened and it killed off the Pinky & the Brain spin-off series to boot.

Even the animators hated the idea. The only reason they made that show was because the higher-ups told them to. For whatever reason they loved Elmyra.

Tiny Toons had some episodes that centered around Elmyra and her family. It seems like they were planning to create a sitcom about Elmyra's family.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What kills me about Caillou is it has some strong design works, including background art, but the show writing is just... unusually dull.

But of course none of these are quite Chris Thorndike from Sonic X
588be47ce6042b72737c63098162ae7f59f73b50_hq.jpg

I will defend Chris, even years after the show ended...

...if we're talking about the Japanese version, anyways. 4Kids completely toned down and re-wrote anything that made Chris redeemable, honestly.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
What kills me about Caillou is it has some strong design works, including background art, but the show writing is just... unusually dull.

I will defend Chris, even years after the show ended...

...if we're talking about the Japanese version, anyways. 4Kids completely toned down and re-wrote anything that made Chris redeemable, honestly.
Nah, Chris was awful even in the Japanese version.

He sorta redeems himself in season 3 (which, incidentally, is the only season of the show worth watching), but nothing can remove his stench from the first two seasons. He was useless, selfish, and whiny while also having way too much focus being put on him throughout that part of the show. In the video game adaptations in season 2 he also stole roles from the actual Sonic characters (like Amy's role in SA2) making some of them essentially useless and redundant.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Carl Wheezer from Jimmy Neutron
latest

Turns out the only thing stopping him from being a complete tool was his lack of popularity. Threw Jimmy under the bus the moment he needed to impress a girl

That episode made me fucking livid as a kid. Fucker begged for Jimmy's help, spitting in his face all the while, and treated him like shit. And he didn't even get any comeuppance.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Elmyra is such a weird character, she was supposed to be based on Elmer Fudd but she really shares no attributes with him the way the rest of the Tiny Toons shared attributes with their mentors, aside from vaguely looking like him(though all the Tiny Toons in a way resembled their Looney Tunes mentors). I don't know, I don't understand her character at all.

I think she's supposed to be a twist on his wanting to hunt animals but instead of loving them.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Man everyone is pretty much on par with characters I genuinely dislike as well. Carl Wheezer; Jimmy, Sarah and Keven; every Johnny Test character but Susan and Mary; Iggy and Sid. CAILOU!

But for shows that haven't been explored yet:

For MLP: FiM, there was Snips and Snails. Two incompetent colts that accidentally caused one of Trixie's wagons to be ruined. Course it did expose her as a fluke to the people at Ponyville, but that was too much!

For SVTFOE, Alphonse and Ferguson. Two of Marco's best friends before Star came into the scene. They were just flat-out obnoxious to no end, though the creator probably did that on purpose considering Disney wanted two other secondary male characters in the show. They thankfully were retired near the beginning of season 3 I think.

Pretty much most of the characters in Family Guy. I can personally get that Brian would be hated due to all the stupid shit he's done and Quagmire being a sexual predator. But my personal votes would go to Peter and Lois Griffin. They did start as a rather, typical caring parents; the former does genuinely regret what he does and the latter is the smart one. But it's in later seasons that those two become on par to one another in terms of likability.

Peter pretty much devolved into a manchild that shows absolutely no concern the wellbeing of others and is a pretty consistent karma houdini; not to mention being abusive all around. Lois, on the otherhand, became much more apathetic and is willing to be just as abusive albeit more emotional. She even went as far as to pretty much show no concern if Meg commits suicide. Honestly, the hurricane episode looked like it was finally going to give Meg the justice she needed and fully stand up to her parents. But we all know how that episode ended, needless to say.

Edit: Forgot Family Guy wasn't a kids cartoon. Sorry that just popped into me considering we are talking disliked characters in animation.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jerry from Tom & Jerry is such a prick. But he doesn't win most hated. Most hated is his damn nephew:

latest

Fuck this fucking mouse. Always the aggressor and never suffered consequences. Even Jerry got owned once in a while.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Jerry from Tom & Jerry is such a prick. But he doesn't win most hated. Most hated is his damn nephew:

latest

Fuck this fucking mouse. Always the aggressor and never suffered consequences. Even Jerry got owned once in a while.

Then for some reason they make him talk later on. At the very least, say what you will about the crossover episode with Willy Wonka, but his recreation of the tunnel scene was just lol worthy!

Also adding another show, the recent DC Super Hero Girls show. Now I don't think there is a character that I would say is completely unlikable, but Barbara Gordon's boss just bothers me at worst. Now him being a stern boss is understandable given he expects his employees to keep up; plus the fact he wouldn't have any idea that Barbara is Batgirl. But it's just his damn voice that's just grating! You can observe in his two major appearances in these shorts:

Skip the 3:00 mark on the second video.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

latest

He also framed Eugene just cuz he ruined his pencil

He also stalked the entire gang through a graveyard because he wanted to be the one to tell the story instead of Gerald.