• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
DDR_Mario_Mix.jpg

Mario...
Look at this. Don't even try make him cool because he will never be.

He's cute.

RUFF BEEST

Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON
How cringe is this? Especially with the content creator's forced giggling over it?

www.youtube.com

Duke Nukem Forever Funny Montage!

This is a Duke Nukem Forever Funny Montage, a compilation of my funniest moments from playing through Duke Nukem Forever! Thanks for every Like and Favorite!...

Duke Nukem was always like Bubsy-level "forced cool"

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Master Chief
Moon Knight
old Kratos
Any character The Rock plays

I know this one isn't really a character but he's becoming one just reading the cringy praises he gets.
Phil Spencer
Sonic
Shadow
Master Chief
The dude bros in Gears
I will always be confused by the distaste for Master Chief. I feel like people tie their perceptions of the Halo fandom and the FPS genre in general to him.

Chief's got great voice-acting, a good heart, some funny moments, a backstory that adds some tragedy without being overbearing, and even some significant character development in the 343i games. He's hardly the best character ever, but there are plenty of famous video game characters with far less to them who receive less disdain.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is super excited to play as him in the upcoming DBD chapter, definitely Wesker from Resident Evil. What a dork.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I have a diferent feeling on this character, at first it seemed that he would be your edgy "im so much better than all of you" type, but, he is actually just a kid really deep family issues, some which i relate. He is actually very nice to everyone and treats everyone fairly. Bakugo is the one i don't like, his antics can make up for some humorous moments here and there, but, outside that he is very annoying.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
105pR0.jpg

I consider Knull to be the Marvel Universe's equivalent of the Borg Queen. Lame, super-edgy design. Completely unnecessary character that actually cheapens the mythos and threat of the alien menace they're associated with.

And yet somebody in their respective creative teams is super invested in giving them a major push until we apparantly all appreciate how super cool they are.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I have a diferent feeling on this character, at first it seemed that he would be your edgy "im so much better than all of you" type, but, he is actually just a kid really deep family issues, some which i relate. He is actually very nice to everyone and treats everyone fairly. Bakugo is the one i don't like, his antics can make up for some humorous moments here and there, but, outside that he is very annoying.
Oh I like Todoroki well enough, I'm just teasing OP

Weirdly enough, I was an early Todoroki defender since I enjoyed his stuff in the sports fest immensely

But like the rest of mha, he kinda peaked early and fell by the wayside as the series went on

He's still cool but his first big moment really made me think he was gonna be cooler than he is

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
105pR0.jpg

I consider Knull to be the Marvel Universe's equivalent of the Borg Queen. Lame, super-edgy design. Completely unnecessary character that actually cheapens the mythos and threat of the alien menace they're associated with.

And yet somebody in their respective creative teams is super invested in giving them a major push until we apparantly all appreciate how super cool they are.
Im glad he only lasted one event.
Its one of the few times ive basically skipped a Marvel event, In fact since ive been a comic reader this is the first time ive not bought a single physical copy of an event.

Utter trash.

Retcon this shit Marvel, Retcon it ASAP no one liked this character, no one likes the changes it brought to the universe.

#Justice for Gorr

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of anime characters, really. A lot of superheroes too.

Spider Gwen for me. Cool outfit but meh otherwise.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like both the OG ones are supposed to be goofy

Dante always eats shit everytime he tried to do something cool (like running down the tower in DMC 3 only to be eaten by the whale)

and Vergil is actually pathetic. under all that bluster, he's still way more childish than Dante and he gets called out on it

DmC Dante has some goofy moments too but DmC Vergil is just terrible

never forget that the dev removed vergil's fedora from the updated re-release. they thought the fedora was cool lmao

Actually, no one on the team liked the fedora, and it was removed from the dev build at some point, so they had no idea how it ended up in the final game.

And Dante and Vergil were definitely always intended to be cool from the get go.

Rackham is just a salty DmC fan, tho.

105pR0.jpg

The fact that his name means "fuck" (as in "to fuck") in several Nordic languages just hammers home how unintentionally dorky he is.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Your famous popular cool character is uncool.
And im such an intellectual for thinking so compared to the masses and it shows how enlightened i am

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of anime characters, really. A lot of superheroes too.

Spider Gwen for me. Cool outfit but meh otherwise.
And can you imagine people want a Ghost Spider game before Arana, Silk hell id rather have a full on Venom game before SpiderGwen.
She has a cool costume and thats about it, yeah her role in SpiderVersa(movie) was great but the character doesnt deserve the push shes been getting.
^Same thing could be said about Miles Morales (fight me!)

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
John Cena in pro wrestling
dude had the crowd in the palm of his hand hating him, but the company always pushed him as the clean friendly giant

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Master Chief and Spider Gwen are good ones. The outfit is carrying the latter.

Agree with young sasuke to an extent. He was a huge ass douche but lots of cool people are douches. But he was more douche than cool. Kind of emo. Adult sasuke is cool.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im glad he only lasted one event.
Its one of the few times ive basically skipped a Marvel event, In fact since ive been a comic reader this is the first time ive not bought a single physical copy of an event.

Utter trash.

Retcon this shit Marvel, Retcon it ASAP no one liked this character, no one likes the changes it brought to the universe.

#Justice for Gorr

Should have just used Gorr for that event.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna say Bakugo from MHA, but I guess it's just me that thinks that because everyone else seems to think he's cool and loves that asshole. *shrugs*
Nah, I'm with you on that one. bakugo is a piece of shit in the show and it really bothers me how no one ever calls him out on it. The obnoxious yelling all the time too? 🚮

I genuinely dont think theres anything interesting or cool about him. Was a pos ep 1, im currently watching season 5 and he's still a pos, just slightly less? Wow, such a cool character with great development 😒

Oct 27, 2017
What are examples of media where they try to convince that characters are cool and all but they actually aren't? I have two examples:
Kratos from God of War:

Kratos_God_of_War_III.png

The games try to portray him as this cool ultra macho badass but he's nothing but a selfish self destructive vengeful and grossly misogynistic asshole

No2 is Dante from the DMC Reboot:

latest

The game tries to push us that he's cool but the thing he's a tryhard edgelord who is acting like what some 12 year old believes with his constant swearing and just being a douche.

OP already took the two best examples damn