• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I've always thought Jet from Sonic Riders looked cool.

latest

Out of all of Sonic's "shitty friends," he has a design that can actually hold up to Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and the rest, although he looks more antagonistic. I hate this character for two reasons, though:

-He's confined to a racing game, and never appears outside of it, wasting a pretty good design.

-He's an unnecessary addition, and came at a time when Sonic already had too many "friends" and Sonic Team needed to dial them back. As such, he gives off a severe "OC do not steal" vibe, especially considering how throwaway he is. He's emblematic of a bigger problem with the franchise.

So, yeah, I think he looks pretty cool. I would have accepted him if he came in a real game at an earlier time (he looks cooler than Mighty or Ray, for sure, and doesn't have as much edge as Shadow). But the time and manner in which he was implemented make him a real dud of a character.

I know, probably not the answer you were expecting. I'm not ashamed, though - I really do like his design, and there aren't many green characters in Sonic.

What about you?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
cc43f578da3cfcc3d9d84cb392c5a1f7.png

Lightning from FFXIII. I just... Yeah. She's aggressively uninteresting as a character. Cool looking though!

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
latest

Zenos from FFXIV.

He was fine in Stormblood but has been awful ever since they brought him back

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018

Eli from MGSV
One of my favourite character designs ever, and one of Kojima's best, fairly grounded, appropriate for the setting, and absolutely a perfect representation of the character he becomes.

He's also an obnoxious little prick, with a grating voice and makes an annoying exit.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
lightningbnjup.png

Yeah Lightning.. like the 2nd post said. I really like Ali Hillis' voice too, (and Liara's from Mass Effect) but the character's personality is too edgy and one note. (At least Cloud's character has a pretty cool twist by comparison)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
latest

Zenos from FFXIV.

He was fine in Stormblood but has been awful ever since they brought him back
I remember being really disappointed by his big scabbard thing. I thought it doubled as a cannon or something, or at least did something cool.

Nope. It's just a really big scabbard. Just because.

He's my biggest worry about the next expansion. How do you go from an interesting villain full of personality like Emet-Selch to this really aggressively one-dimensional villain? I feel like Stormblood already did everything that needed to be done with the character, and everything that happened with him since is super boring. And yet he's supposed to be the next expansion villain? I hope the story does some twist like killing him off early to introduce a more interesting villain.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
I can't include pictures for some reason they don't load but connor from ac 3 what a badass design for such a boring character

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
He's a condescending sexist asshole who thinks he knows better than everyone.
How can anyone like his personality.
Yes and that was his character arc

realizing he in fact did not know better than everyone, and should've just talked to Phoenix

as for the sexist stuff, I mean he called her kitten and then she dated him lol. As for anything he might have said or done toward Dahlia..... good.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Yes and that was his character arc

realizing he in fact did not know better than everyone, and should've just talked to Phoenix

as for the sexist stuff, I mean he called her kitten and then she dated him lol. As for anything he might have said or done toward Dahlia..... good.
I never said his character arc did not work. He's personality is so unlikable I did not enjoy him as a person he's fine a villain hes just not a likable villain.

Having a girlfriend is not proof he is not sexist lol many sexist people have girlfriends

His entire arc is about robbing any agency Mia had over her life. He was mad at pheonix because "it's a mans job to protect a women"

Also no he is not exused for The sexist shit he said to Dahlia .

If some black dude is a shitty person you don't start tossing racial slurs at him.

You don't start tossing the F word at a gay person who's shitty etc..

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I never said his character arc did not work. He's personality is so unlikable I did not enjoy him as a person he's fine a villain hes just npt a likable villain.

Having a girlfriend is not proof he is not sexist lol many sexist people have girlfriends

His entire arc is about robbing any agency Mia had over her life. He was mad at pheonix because "it's a mans job to protect a women"

Also no he is not exused for The sexist shit he said to Dahlia .

If some black dude is a shitty person you don't start tossing racial slurs at him.

You don't start tossing the F word at a gay person who's shitty etc..
No having a girlfriend doesn't make you not sexist, but having a girlfriend who that's okay with you calling her kitten etc does mean that particular instance is okay. The stuff I'd say to my partner isn't what I'd say to most other women obviously. Mia obviously didn't have a problem with it.

And your Dahlia comparisons are wildly off base, Godot didn't say anything nearly as bad as massive slurs to Dahlia* and she's a lot worse than just "a shitty person. He was meaner to Phoenix than anyone else, by a huge margin.

*he did see red and try and kill her spirit but that's fair

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
No having a girlfriend doesn't make you not sexist, but having a girlfriend who that's okay with you calling her kitten etc does mean that particular instance is okay. The stuff I'd say to my partner isn't what I'd say to most other women obviously. Mia obviously didn't have a problem with it.

And your Dahlia comparisons are wildly off base, Godot didn't say anything nearly as bad as massive slurs to Dahlia* and she's a lot worse than just "a shitty person. He was meaner to Phoenix than anyone else, by a huge margin.

*he did see red and try and kill her spirit but that's fair
The kitten thing while weird at first is not my main reason to not like Godot it's a lot of little things he says and how he interacts with other characters (especially women) that add up to being a person I would not hang out with in real life even without considering the whole murder thing.

Like the reason for hating pheonix is so dumb on multiple levels that it just irritated me.

I felt no sympathy for Him when he went down.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on his likability .

To be clear I don't think Godot is a bad character I would change nothing that happens in Trails and Tribulations that game is incredible. I just get confused at people that "think he is awsome".

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The kitten thing while weird at first is not my main reason to not like Godot it's a lot of little things he says and how he interacts with other characters (especially women) that add up to being a person I would not hang out with in real life outside considering the whole murder thing.

I felt no sympathy for Him when he went down.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on his likability .

To be clear I don't think Godot is a bad character I would change nothing that happens in Trails an Tribulations that game is incredible. I just get confused at people that "think he is awsome".
I mean if your idea of likable is a person you would hang out with in real life than the entire cast of the series is unlikeable. They're all either horrible killers or extremely quirky. AA1-3 Phoenix is the only normal person in that world by design, but god forbid you hang out with AA4 Phoenix

Godot is a stylish asshole with understandable (not the same as justified) motivations. If you don't like that trope you don't like it I guess, but it's pretty common. He's Johnny Lawrence

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I mean if your idea of likable is a person you would hang out with in real life than the entire cast of the series is unlikeable. They're all either horrible killers or extremely quirky. AA1-3 Phoenix is the only normal person in that world by design, but god forbid you hang out with AA4 Phoenix

Godot is a stylish asshole with understandable (not the same as justified) motivations. If you don't like that trope you don't like it I guess, but it's pretty common. He's Johnny Lawrence
Godot is 100% very stylish you got me there.

Godot has one of the best character designs in the series and great animations.

I totally want to hang with many ace attorney characters though.

Including AA4 pheonix

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
To be clear I don't think Godot is a bad character I would change nothing that happens in Trails and Tribulations that game is incredible. I just get confused at people that "think he is awsome".

I don't think he's awesome but i enjoy the character because i enjoy the prosecutors being antagonistic but with some sort of purpose behind it unlike "WORMS WORMS WORMS" nayhuta or "i'm doing your job for you fraulein" klavier

the kitten shite and condescending attitude towards women can die in a fire though