• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Vegeta killed a stadium of innocent people to force Goku to fight him.

He gets rewarded by the namek dragon when dende used the following wish " i wish all the people who were killed since the wizard babidi arrived on Earth except the most evil ones." Vegeta gets revived even though earlier that specific he had just killed a bunch innocent people.

And yet, slopovich and yamu we're not revived and they were actually being mind controlled.

Majin Buu beat the piss out of him, then he EXPLODED to try and take Buu out. Then right before he did that, Piccolo basically told him "You've been an evil dick all your life. No you won't get to see Goku."

Then he came back and fought Kid Buu and was beaten even worse. Anime is full of karma houdinis...Vegeta isn't one of them.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't like him.
To be fair he was being mentally manipulated by Golbez so Kain really didn't do the betraying.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Chairmanchuck Define "so many" for me. Do you mean so many bad guys? Because believe it or not, he kills far more bad guys than good people. As for the good, the best you can argue is a handful of Samurai, which may or may not have died from him. He never kills the elderly nor any children.

Didnt he kill the Samurai on the Summit and helped with the attack on Konoha village, where also a lot of people died?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad people here hate Tales of the Abyss as much as I do.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Majin Buu beat the piss out of him, then he EXPLODED to try and take Buu out. Then right before he did that, Piccolo basically told him "You've been an evil dick all your life. No you won't get to see Goku."

Then he came back and fought Kid Buu and was beaten even worse. Anime is full of karma houdinis...Vegeta isn't one of them.

Wrap it up folks. Vegeta got called out for being a mass murdering piece of shit, so that makes it ok. Second, so what if he did the right thing after the fact? He is still a mass murderer.

He only fought buu because his wife and kid were thought to have been eaten at the time. But it's ok, vegeta did the right thing after killing lots of people.

This a long with a whole page of reasons is why anime sucks.

Vegeta has always been a mass murder. He has destroyed a lot of planets. Our first intro of him was him eating sentinent life.

I am sure there are people who can do a good being a lawyer for Vegeta but...you aren't one of those people.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Wrap it up folks. Vegeta got called out for being a mass murdering piece of shit, so that makes it ok. Second, so what if he did the right thing after the fact? He is still a mass murderer.

He only fought buu because his wife and kid were thought to have been eaten at the time. But it's ok, vegeta did the right thing after killing lots of people.

This a long with a whole page of reasons is why anime sucks.

Vegeta has always been a mass murder. He has destroyed a lot of planets. Our first intro of him was him eating sentinent life.

I am sure there are people who can do a good being a lawyer for Vegeta but...you aren't one of those people.

The first time around? No, no he didn't. 'Cause he gave Trunks a whole heartfelt goodbye before throwing himself at Majin Buu knowing he had zero chance. And then, as the person above said, he goes to hell after he dies.

Vegeta's actions always, always came with consequence.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Use the spoiler tag :(

It's underneath the "+" icon.

But I do agree with your choice.
good to see you kicking it in these forums man, how do you feel about Thrones not coming out until next year?

also, are forum suggestions still being accepted? that's one thing I would suggest along with post counts

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I'm not sure I agree with this. Of the mainline Suikoden games, a central theme of the main heroes / true rune bearers was trying to overcome the destiny of the rune having power over their wielders. Case in point McDohl who had possession of the Soul Eater, which the Rune's purpose was to take the lives / Souls of his closest friends and family and those that had the biggest influences in his life
(i.e His father Teo, Gremio, Odessa, and best friend Ted). By uniting the 108 Stars of Destiny he was allowed to break this chain and Gremio was revived as a result.

Case in point the Destiny of the Bright Shield and Dark Sword Runes were to be in constant conflict. With the true ending (which could only be obtained again with the unification of the 108 Stars) in this case showed that Riou (Hero) was able to break the cycle of the two runes being in constant conflict, uniting both halves of the Rune of the Beginning for both bearers and not just one, as opposed to Riou failing like Genkaku and Han did.

Jowy and Nanami dying would no different than Gremio staying dead in this case as well.

Similar examples as above are also in Suikoden 3, 4, and 5 too.

I don't agree with that. What becomes of the Flame Champion's decision
to reject Luc's proposed destiny of the elemental runes
remains to be seen, and both the Dawn rune and Rune of Punishment are used as intended in Suikoden 4 and 5. Their destiny isn't subverted but fulfilled (forgiveness phase is an inherent part of Punishment, and the Dawn rune's destiny is to protect the Sun rune). I do agree that revival upon uniting the Stars of Destiny is a theme of the Suikoden series, I just think it's a bad theme that does more harm to the integrity of the story than good, especially in Suikoden 2.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
good to see you kicking it in these forums man, how do you feel about Thrones not coming out until next year?

also, are forum suggestions still being accepted? that's one thing I would suggest along with post counts
Not just next year, but at least 4-6 months into the year like usual. It sucks. I don't see you post in the thread lol.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Is there a recent Tales game that hasn't had at least one betrayal in it? (from the last 10-15 years or so)

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
OP thought they could disguise this "which jrpg has the goofiest betrayal" thread as a broader topic and get away with it. For shame

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Is there a recent Tales game that hasn't had at least one betrayal in it? (from the last 10-15 years or so)

nope, I don't think so. I haven't played all of them but talking to some friends about the more modern ones, which I think PKrockin is referencing, there is still a betrayal

Also I read the thread title and immediately thought of the character in the OP. My favorite character as well but Jesus do they let him get away with everything haha