• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
SPOILERS FOR Tales of Xillia

As much as i like him and think he is one of the more interesting cast members - i have to put Alvin from Tales of Xillia on this one. The fact that he betrays his other party members constantly and yet they allow him to join back everytime is kinda baffling to me - though their opinion of him isn't the highest.

2595184-2460653905-Alvin.png

Last edited:

VikingJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
While I have never played Xillia, I absolutely knew the opening post was going to revolve around a Tales game.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
First character that came to mind was the one in the OP lol

I guess the Tales have a story of that, 'cause you can also count Zelos on there.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I knew that who this thread would be about. I felt the same way while playing the game.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Naruto Shipuuden CC2 games, but to be fair its based on the manga...

Still. Sasuke kills so many innocent people, attacks the village and at the end of the series "Well, he helped against the big bad boss. Lets forgive him for killing elderly, adults and children before. No big deal!"

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I hope I'm doing spoilers right. Uncharted 4

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Bad storytelling in my opinion but otherwise the game is great.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
While Tales of Xillia 2 is flawed - i far prefer Alvin in that game because he isn't constantly betraying you and is far more likely. Actually most of the cast is far more likeable in Xilia 2

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Oh yeah I was just gonna post the OP. I never even finished Xillia
but it kept happening. Multiple times.

Also Kain is bae so I forgive him no matter what.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
SPOILERS FOR Tales of Xillia

As much as i like him and think he is one of the more interesting cast members - i have to put Alvin from Tales of Xillia on this one. The fact that he betrays his other partY members constantly and yet they allow him to join back everytime is kinda baffling to me - though their opinion of him isn't the highest.

2595184-2460653905-Alvin.png
He's the king of this, and they forgive him every fucking time rofl.
If anyone needs any more proof that Kishimoto is a shit tier hack of writer, Naruto calling Obito a cool guy was the most disgusting thing I read in any fantasy lit that year.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that the OP already covered the one man who first leapt to mind, loved it.

And yeah Obito was the coolest guy will forever crack me up.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone needs any more proof that Kishimoto is a shit tier hack of writer, Naruto calling Obito a cool guy was the most disgusting thing I read in any fantasy lit that year.

I mean...I didn't actually post this to nominate Obito, more that this is Obito when he says "Those who abandon their friends are worse than scum".

When does Naruto call Obito a cool guy I guess? Cause Obito does redeem himself and their world wouldn't exist as it does now without him.

The traitor in Naruto who didn't get the punishment he deserves is Sasuke. He wasn't imprisoned and married the woman that the threatened to kill multiple times so...

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Bowser definitely. How many times did he temporarily join forces with Mario in the RPG's only to turn on him and steal Peach again in the next game?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...I didn't actually post this to nominate Obito, more that this is Obito when he says "Those who abandon their friends are worse than scum".

When does Naruto call Obito a cool guy I guess? Cause Obito does redeem himself and their world wouldn't exist as it does now without him.
Your pic just triggered the horrible memory of how bad of a writer Kishi is. I couldn't help myself but comment.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fox McCloud's fucking hack band of problems he flies with. Peppy, Falco and Slippy, they're all total shit. Every single game! They never learn. But Fox is to blame too as he still flies w them.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Plutia/Iris Heart in Hyperdimension Neptunia V constantly abuses other party members and does not face much punishment, other than people asking her not to change into CPU form.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly i think Anise from Tales of Abyss was worse because at least with Alvin you kinda was expecting it but with Anise - he'd been spying on them for the villain over the course of three quarters of the game and helped kill one of the main allies to the party members. Plus she is easily one of the worst charcters in Tales with a fighting style being a rip-off of Cait Sith and an ear grating voice

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This clown kidnaps Barrett's daughter and blackmails the party. All it takes is his stupid death to make it seem like everything is okay. The game does a really bad job of trying to make his "sacrifice" look super sad...and then nobody really talks about it afterwards.

Last edited: