• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I thought to supplement the two threads about villians and assholes in gaming with one that is more positive(kinda, could devolve into flame wars, I don't know really). What with opinions and all that but what recent characters that you are physically unable to get annoyed with?

For me it's Captain Astro from Astrobot and Moss from Moss VR. The fact that they are both from VR titles is a pure coincidence as they both radiate pure innocence and absolute cuteness.

I mean just look at this...dude. Such panache, such flair. He's my Kirk replacement.
270YEmo.jpg

Then you've got the little mouse warrior, so endearing in her little gestures.
B8DOKHr.jpg

I am pretty sure someone's going to come in and ruin my perception by arguing how these two can be assholes but what's yours? They don't have to be cute - that's a topic done before but just someone or something you can't but love with all your heart.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I'm confused by the wording of the title. Are we talking about characters we are expected to hate? Who do terrrible things or change completely?

Otherwise isn't this justy a cutest/most adorable/lovable etc question? Cos that's BROAD.

Villains/antagonists/fuckups is a more interesting concept

OP
OP
Mechaplum

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I'm confused by the wording of the title. Are we talking about characters we are expected to hate? Who do terrrible things or change completely?

Otherwise isn't this justy a cutest/most adorable/lovable etc question? Cos that's BROAD.

Villains/antagonists/fuckups is a more interesting concept

I mean I had someone told me they hate Kat from GR for instance. But you can actually discuss any characters even baddies.

Purely antagonists do make better conversation but there's been many threads for those lately.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Emet-Selch from FFXIV.
The best antagonist in the series.
i say antagonist because i dont consider him evil.
i felt regret more than anything for what had to happen

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I mean I had someone told me they hate Kat from GR for instance. But you can actually discuss any characters even baddies.

Purely antagonists do make better conversation but there's been many threads for those lately.

So... characters we love then....

190.jpg
ACB65CBA019E8FBF6C32983FC54B7673FF177A81

k1wudto9nnfy.jpg
images

Alexa is awesome.

Actually, just about anyone voiced by Cherami Leigh. <3

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Every character from Undertale/Deltarune. I still haven't uninstalled Undertale and I probably never will. Never doing genocide either.
They're happy in there forever, fuck you.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why didn't you just make the title "most likeable" or cutest or something.

Being unable to bring yourself to hate something conjures up like "Ok, this guy is an asshole, but he's a funny or hot asshole, so I still love him". There has to be a downside to a character for this line of thinking to make sense

OP
OP
Mechaplum

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Why didn't you just make the title "most likeable" or cutest or something.

Being unable to bring yourself to hate something conjures up like "Ok, this guy is an asshole, but he's a funny or hot asshole, so I still love him". There has to be a downside to a character for this line of thinking to make sense

True, but take Captain Astro for example, I have cussed at him for dying due to the platforming but there's no way I can hate him at the end of the day.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Alphinaud from FFXIV. I know a lot of people don't like him because he messes up a lot, but I really like his character arc, especially in Shadowbringers. Teasing him is also funny and cute.

Morgana in Persona 5, too. He'd be fantastic and cute if not for the Ann infatuation which gets real creepy, especially if you view it from the lens of past experiences with Teddie. Koromaru still best mascot tho.

Every main character in Trails of Cold Steel is great in their own way and I'll never hear otherwise. Rean is a precious head-pat hero.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
180px-Portrait_kitsuragi.png

Kim Kitsuragi

I could never bring myself to let him down.

Last edited:

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
latest

Riki the heropon

Sure, he's an archetypical annoying mascot character but he's also a hard working family man who gotta put food on the table. Also he's stupidly tanky.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
latest

Riki the heropon

Sure, he's an archetypical annoying mascot character but he's also a hard working family man who gotta put food on the table. Also he's stupidly tanky.

Riki is basically the mascot character done absolutely right.

His emotional scene with Dunban about parenthood to this music...

Dunno how every Nopon character since has been terrible in comparison