• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bran

Oct 25, 2017
There's a classic battle quote for me in Star Ocean 2 where Claude says "tear into pieces" but it 100% sounds like "pear into peaches"

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
The hurricane kick from SF2 has already been mentioned a lot, but my brother and I were convinced that Ryu was shouting, "time to make some buuuurgers," when we were kids.

I'm still not entirely sure we were wrong.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
In Path of Exile there's an enemy that often shouts "Make 'em suffer" but I always hear "Make 'em supper"

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ryu/Ken's hurricane kick in Street Fighter II. I think it's supposed to be Tatsu-Maki-Sen-Pu-Kyaku, but I don't hear anything like that at all. I hear something like Dat Fact Check Better Check!

LMAO

Yeah, it doesn't even sound like it has the same number of syllables as the written name

Oct 25, 2017
0bf81735a17c2c5e074dc40a6ed44a51.jpg
tumblr_lpu4braz2R1qld91wo1_500.jpg

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Always thought Gambit said "Credit Card" which made sense to me as a kid cause he was just charging it all over the place, and I always thought Iceman was saying "Ice Cream" which also sort of made some sense to me ask well. Turns out they were saying Kinetic card and Ice beam, was sad when I learned the truth. I also thought Cammy was saying "Destroy Soccer" which made no sense to me as she's from the UK and would probably say "Destroy Football" but, once again I was wrong. Oh and I am pretty sure Guile in SVC Choas says "Sonic Booer" instead of "Sonic Boom".

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Ray in Fighter's History sounds like he's saying Baked Potato. It's supposed to be Big Tornado.
Galford in Samsho saying "Rub my brain" and not Plasma Blade

The reverse of this is Terry saying "Oh my shit! GEYSER!"... is actually what's he's saying. Although, I suppose GEYSER sounds more lie GEEZER but ya.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
I can't for the life of me remember what Street Fighter or VS game it was but I used to play one where Cammy yelled something that sounded like deep throat fucker.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"A duh duh duuuh duh!"
Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku in Street Fighter 2.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when characters do this, whether it be movie, video game, show, whatever. It's a huge reason I stay away from a lot of Japanese properties. It's just so fucking lame and corny I cannot watch.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Dorothea's social ranking in Three Houses. I THINK it's supposed to say "Why thank you so much!" But I can't verify as I have never heard anything other than "My thank you so much!" Every time the screen pops up I try and hear it correctly and I can't.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
In RE4 if the early enemies spot you they say "Allí está!" which means "there he is".

The way they say it sounds a lot like "hij is daar" which is Dutch for, well, "there he is". Just a funny coincidence.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
In RE4 if the early enemies spot you they say "Allí está!" which means "there he is".

The way they say it sounds a lot like "hij is daar" which is Dutch for, well, "there he is". Just a funny coincidence.
As a Filipino, I always heard some of the enemies pointing at you and shouting "Ayan Na!" which could also mean "there it is" lol

OP
OP
astro

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't stop hearing Creme Egg, it makes me feel far less bad ass than I should be feeling.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Ryu/Ken's hurricane kick in Street Fighter II. I think it's supposed to be Tatsu-Maki-Sen-Pu-Kyaku, but I don't hear anything like that at all. I hear something like Dat Fact Check Better Check!

OMG LOL this is now my favorite mishearing of this line.

For the record, we used to call the Tatsumaki "the ick-chick-perook-chick."

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
HS has a bunch of these. Some of my favorites:

I am Mal'Ganis, I AM A TURTLE!

I enjoy reading!