• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Xenoblade Chronicles X atm, and every time I use Stream Edge I hear: CREME EGG!

I would very much like to stop hearing Creme Egg, but I'm stuck with it.

How about y'all?

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Sol Badguy in Guilty Gear XX:

"Girlfriend!" (Gun Flame)
"Butthead Revolver!" (Bandit Revolver)

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
In Metal Gear Solid I used to think the guards were saying 'Mr Box' instead of 'It's a box' that the guards were insane and were happy to see Mr box hanging around.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the moves in fighting games back in the days. Most of the moves for Street Fighter and King of Fighters I didn't realize the actual move names they were saying.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I would hear "Tiger Robocop" instead of "Tiger Uppercut" in Street Fighter 2 SNES as a kid.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Dota 2's full of this for me. I know Void is trying to say "your end comes", but I still just hear "urine comes".

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
One of my friends used to say that Ryu's Shoryuken sounded like "How are you ken?"

There was a move by Ken which he also said sounded like "I'm fine thank you Ryo"

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Ness' PK fire as "Pica pollo" which is the Dominican version of Fried chicken

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
0bf81735a17c2c5e074dc40a6ed44a51.jpg

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Tales of Graces Hubert, first mystic arte.

DAM DE DAM DAM

INSTANT BALLS

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In Metal Gear Solid I used to think the guards were saying 'Mr Box' instead of 'It's a box' that the guards were insane and were happy to see Mr box hanging around.
I'm not going to lie, this is hilarious and might be my headcanon going forward.
"Who is that!?"
"Oh... Mister Box."

Old Luke

Jul 20, 2018
I remember one of the Street Fighter 2's characters attack being called "Tiger Robocop" here in Brazil. Maybe it was Sagat's fireball.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I still have no idea what Ryu says when he does a tornado kick. I've seen the move name written out a million times, but I can't hear it at all in his voice line.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
SNK the thread. Too may examples. Predictabo !

Just in case, I was banned 3 days, no warning for racism for using this in a thread, the lack of culture here is disturbing ah ah ah.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Wolverine's berserker barrage sounded like "hurk da kirk mirage" to me at the arcades and stuff.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what I interpret whenever Ruby Heart is saying when she uses that water spike special move of hers, but I know it's not what I'm supposed to hear it as.

"croak my messieurs"

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The hurricane kick in Street Fighter 2 is the first thing I think of. Once you know what they're saying, hadouken and shoryuken check out. The tatsu blah blah though? Nope.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Ryu/Ken's hurricane kick in Street Fighter II. I think it's supposed to be Tatsu-Maki-Sen-Pu-Kyaku, but I don't hear anything like that at all. I hear something like Dat Fact Check Better Check!

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
in overwatch when your friendly orisa ults she says "team up for special attack" but i sometimes hear "teabag for special attack" and when a enemy mei ults she says her line in chinese but it kinda sounds like she says "pussy's out". Maybe she is into flashing people.