• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So the only change their forcing is just not auto-updating games you haven't played in a while right away? Makes sense to me.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Is there any downside to this at all? I can't imagine there's a ton of games that need updates anyways unless they're of the always online GaaS variety.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
makes sense and not bad at all, i don't mind and steam for over a decade now has always provided me with full line speed, even when I had my 1Gbps line (now just have 250Mbps line).

Never used a service that offered me this quality

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
That explains why Beat Saber was set to update on April 10th or something. Not a bad idea.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This is as sensible as can be. Also probably a good explanation for why something was queued last night to update in mid-April lol

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this explains why two of my games didn't auto update.

No big deal though.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really sensible approach and only makes sense to ease the load, anything you care about to play you can still update when you want.+

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
I don't have a lot of steam games installed and I limit my download speed anyway because I like to do stuff on the internet while steam is downloading stuff in the background.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Makes sense. I have games installed I haven't played in a year or more, there's no need to update them as soon as an update is available.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
qbert_arcade_flyer__5jskco.jpg

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So the only change their forcing is just not auto-updating games you haven't played in a while right away? Makes sense to me.
That's actually how it already works by default.

They're just tightening the numbers a bit. The thread title is not reflective of what that post is actually saying.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a good decision--Bannerlord's release is the laggiest I've ever seen Steam outside of a big sale event. The cart didn't work, Steam itself was wildly unresponsive, and a lot of folks got hit with errors trying to even buy the game. And that was just this morning.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
That's actually how it already works by default.

They're just tightening the numbers a bit. The thread title is not reflective of what that post is actually saying.
Yeah currently it was next day they are now just changing the auto updates to weekly or when its down in bandwidth

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
So other than tightening the recently played window (3 days), everything is the same. It's a nice reminder of useful features.