• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 7, 2019
Bonus points if you're not sarcastic! Obviously this movie had more than one issue but if your goal was to tweak one thing to improve it overall which would you choose?

For me, simply not making Rey a decendant of Palpatine improves the movie quite a bit.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smallest change with highest impact?

Cutting the final scene entirely imo. The rest of the movie was kinda dull to me but the final scene DRASTICALLY crossed the line.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Keep Palpatine as a plot contrivance, don't make Rey related to him.

Oh wait that's the OP ha ha.

Well uh yes, that.

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
I jumped into this thread thinking it was for the 2nd movie, so I guess my change would be call it the The Sequel to the 2nd Movie?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, I like the last scene of TLJ of the random orphan looking at the stars, that you don't need to come from a special lineage, to be the hero.

"Rey, just Rey" would have been more empowering. The film would have still been a bit rubbish, but wouldn't be as regressive.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Kill off Kylo before he can make it to Rey. Have the power of the Jedi appear in force ghosts, including Kylo who is what tips it in their favor.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
"Just Rey. I'm planning building a school here, who can I talk to about zoning and purchasing land rights?"

Ocean Panda

Banned
Oct 25, 2020
Yeah, removing the Palpatine connection is the first thing that comes to mind, but that would actually require a lot of changes.

If we're talking one thing that is simple and practical, I would just find a way to compress most of the fetch-questing during the first half of the movie through edits and cuts. Obviously there are a ton of issues, but I think if the whole thing felt tighter and "got to the point" more quickly, that's probably the most effective thing you could do easily to change how it's received overall.

May 26, 2018
Kylo is the antagonist instead of Palpatine. Literally everything improves.

Well at least I think so... much as I love Ian McDiarmid

Last edited:

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Grogu wakes up from this vision and leads Luke down a different path to balance in the Force thus ending the Sequel Trilogy as canon.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Op, as Luke Skywalker once said, you want the impossible. The suckage of this film is fractal.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
A handshake instead of a kiss.

But for real no out of left field kiss.

Doesn't make it a good movie but a long shot but has an actually appropriate ending for kylo and rey

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I would've had the Jedi force ghosts show up at the end and join Rey in the battle for the ultimate fan service

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Palpatine could've been good but certainly not the way it was pulled off.

The movie just needed to do less. Too long and way too much shit packed in.