• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chances of a SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT Remake, Considering RICHTER is in Castlevania NETFLIX

• GREATER THAN 50%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • LESS THAN 50%

Votes: 268 84.5%
  • GREATER THAN 100%

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • TOO COWARDLY TO PLACE A VOTE

Votes: 28 8.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Nah. They couldn't even be arsed to do a port of it themselves and had Sony do one themselves.

I don't think SoTN particularly needs a remake, anyway. Wouldn't mind a widescreen version, though.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The show's been running for 4 years now and there's no remake of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse on the horizon, so I'm going to go with a no on this one.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
There could be another universe where current Konami is able to remake SotN and make it look better than the original, but it is not this one.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they didn't do jack shit to cash on on the popularity of the Netflix series with Trevor, my guess is 0%.

Furthermore, I don't even want a remake to SOTN. It's a masterpiece as it is.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wouldn't be too surprised if it happens. It shouldn't be too expensive, could be outsourced without much risk and would certainly make a lot of money.

Oct 25, 2017
Only way I can see this happen is if Konami farms it out to an indie dev like the Getsu Fuma Den remake.
And even then it's very unlikely to happen.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't need a remake but a Switch port.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
They probably would have had more success remaking CV III during the first four Netflix seasons but they never did so I don't expect them to touch SOTN which would be harder to do (they'd 100% piss off so many people no matter what changes they made LOL).

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
They had to move heaven and earth just to get Konami to let them use Bloody Tears in a single episode.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
What did the proven successful Castlevania III series get you in terms of games

At best, the Castlevania Collection?

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i re-played last year symphony of the night and its good as it is, idk if it needs a remake. I would rather wish for other konami remakes

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Konami will find yet another uh...reason?? to not capitalize on this show.

You'll get Alucard in mobile games and you'll like it, dammit.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I want to live in the world where Konami is actually promoting the series with new/rereleased games.

Just give the licence to an indie studio if you're not going to do anything with it. And gimme ports of the GBA/DS games please.

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we trying to infer a SoTN remake from a Netflix show again? If anything, SoTN will never be remaked as people have too high of expectations from it.
Konami making a game? Nah.
Konami just released one of Switch best selling games last year and one of it's highest sellers ever. They make games. Just because it doesn't cater to the core, doesn't mean they're irrelevant.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Zero, and I would have no interest in such an abomination.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I can't imagine a SotN remake going right. There's so much to that game beyond the base game play and presentation that probably wouldn't find its way into a remake, and I think that'd make for a weaker overall package.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
We didn't get a Castlevania III or a Curse of Darkness rerelease with the first Catlevania Netflix animation, a SotN remake is more unlikely.,

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they didn't made one with Alucard being a big focal point on the series I can't see them doing one just because richter has an spinoff

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Strongly disagree with the idea it shouldn't be remade or they couldn't improve on it.

Hell Grimoire Of Souls was gorgeous and looked better than SOTN to me, and I would love to play it looking that way.

All that said I don't think it will happen and that Netflix doesn't mean a thing. That said I'd love a port finally of the Rondo Remake given it has the way better design of Richter.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
If Konami didn't do jackshit with the first Netflix series (despite its popularity), why in the hell would they do something for the next series? I'd think the popularity would be a good incentive to take another shot at the series, but that would take Konami to pull their heads outta their asses.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Zero chance. Only slightly higher for Rondo (0.1%, for S&G), since that one actually stars Richter.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
You forgot the part where Konami doesn't make games anymore.

Super Bomberman R was outsourced to HexaDrive and Contra: Rogue Corps was outsourced to Toylogic. Pretty sure the only non-mobile in house games they've made since Metal Gear Survive have been Pro Evolution Soccer roster updates.