• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OT2 Subtitle Nominations

• Second Course

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 21 Jump Plus Street

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Future Rules

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • He just like me fr

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I've been hyping up Chainsaw Man to my anime-only buddy for a while now, and boy am I glad that this looks like it'll live up to it

Shame that it's gonna take more than one season to cover the whole thing, though. It's a really long ways out, but I'm already dying to see the fast food restaurant scene animated.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I see more people complaining about Makima simping than actual Makima simping

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I see more people complaining about Makima simping than actual Makima simping

It's mostly fear. We've seen how anime fans react to certain female characters, and Makima encompasses a lot of them. Sexy, red hair, curvy in the right places, dominating, affectionate to the protagonist, big aura of mystery. The whole "be my dog" aspect only adds on to that.

I guess you could say this is the Potential Simping Devil at work.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's mostly fear. We've seen how anime fans react to certain female characters, and Makima encompasses a lot of them. Sexy, red hair, curvy in the right places, dominating, affectionate to the protagonist, big aura of mystery. The whole "be my dog" aspect only adds on to that.

I guess you could say this is the Potential Simping Devil at work.

There will be literal wars fought over Makima, Power, Reze, Himeno and Kobeni.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks great but man I'm a little disappointed we didn't hear anyone's voices yet.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I've been pouring over the trailer trying to figure out how much of the series the first season will cover.

Does that one scene with Denji fighting the crowd seem like the Santa Claus fight?

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I've been pouring over the trailer trying to figure out how much of the series the first season will cover.
This isn't from the anime, so it's not indicative of what the anime will cover.

But to add to your efforts, the alleyway with blood at the beginning is in reference to Denji's dad being killed, and that wasn't revealed until late into the series.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I like that we see a rat at Denji's feet in the beginning, very subtle.

I really want to know more about that AkixHimeno scene in bed, if it even is something.

Everything looks great but man I'm a little disappointed we didn't hear anyone's voices yet.

If they ended the trailer with half a line from Makima the internet would have exploded.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
MAPPA's tweet of the preview is doing some serious numbers, goddamn. People are hyped.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think people are getting a little overboard with expectations, it will be big, but remember that is also super gory and it will push back some people, specially children. Kimetsu for example got so big because it was a hit with children

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Looks extremely good, hopefully the PV represents the final product well.
Now the wait for the first Part 2 info continues..

Also remember #Power2024

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kensuke Ushio of Devilman Crybaby and Ping-pong the animation is doing the music

Holy shit

The Makima vs Power best girl war is going to be a deadly one

giphy.webp

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about Makima simps. It makes me laugh thinking about how there's people out there that don't even know that they'll be barking for her in the future.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dont like the way people like makima
but i sure love her as a villain, she is so unsettling

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently the Japanese fanbase already has a nickname for the westerners that were spamming Dog noises

They call them Woofers

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Makima got under my skin so much. I can understand why people would simp for her, but I kinda hated her from the start. She is a fantastic villain though because she was able to drag out those feelings from me.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I hated Makima for 99% of the story, it wasn't till the last chapter where I finally came to appreciate her character

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Makima only grew in power with the takeoff of the "Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss" meme

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really like Makima, and I really hate Makima, and I'm really horny for Makima, and I'd really punch Makima in the face, and I really feel sad about Makima.

Goddamit what a character, the fact that I, and many others, can feel so many conflicting emotions towards a character that it still ends up on one end of the spectrum or the other for pretty much every reader means that Fujimoto absolutely knocked it out of the park with her, probably my favorite manga character since I don't know, Meruem possibly.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I fucking loved Makima as a villain.

That scene where she takes the shocked and broken Denji back inside after blowing Power away and then laughs her ass off at how utterly broken he got is some peak fiend shit.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
my secret shame is that I caught up to CSM when I think 84 was the most recent chapter, and stopped there even though I was loving it

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Makima fans that actually read the manga dont really bother me, it is all for fun (i hope)
what bothers me is the people that didnt even read and act like that towards her, that is weird.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Makima is a fantastic villain and I totally get the simping impulse. She's just... extraordinarily compelling. I'm not gonna be out here barking or anything, but she's an incredibly well-written character.