• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OT2 Subtitle Nominations

• Second Course

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 21 Jump Plus Street

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Future Rules

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • He just like me fr

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I love doggos but fuck you, Makima, I ain't falling for it. There's probably something sinister about them...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well being an attractive person who loves dogs definitely pushes her into the morally gray area for me personally. Besides I can't even remember that minor character she got killed anyway. What was his name? Arnold? Eh, whatever.

Woof

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
The whole chapter I was like "aw man, she's got dogs... that's how they get ya"... but it almost soured me on her even more? I can't see it as anything besides an act after the past few chapters.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Makima gonna be the new Griffith did nothing wrong. Gaslighting not only Denji but the whole audience too.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Just what we need in 2020, Suffering: The Manga

While I am a dog person, something about those dogs creeps me out a little, is it just me?

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm sure they are normal dogs. Everything about Makima has that bad guy with extreme utilitarian ethics. She treats the world like she treats her dogs. The dogs are just there to show how she views the rest of all life. Goblin king style "let me rule you and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave."

The benevolent dictator of benevolent dictators. If she isn't literal God in this manga she's at least an analog.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
NOOOOO DENJI aww shit this sucks now we're just waiting Makima to make him kill Powy :/

Oct 27, 2017
Those dogs remind me of:
yxvXYL2QQm2l.jpg

God damn you Makima. I am really sick of her shit.

Leave Denji and Power alone damn it.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Makimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you are evil and I hate you, but I love you as a charavter, but I hate youuuu.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Makima is such a great and fascinating character.
Imho the most solid villain/villain-ish figure in Jump since (early)Aizen or Meruem (I would count Mom from TPN too but it was so short).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Makima is such a great and fascinating character.
Imho the most solid villain/villain-ish figure in Jump since (early)Aizen or Meruem (I would count Mom from TPN too but it was so short).
Feels like an easy pick, yeah. She's very very very good. Easily the strongest part of the series (not that there's not other stuff I like).

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
they can still bring her back through hell or there's also the possibility that the blood demon finds another host body

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how many of us said "Ahh they can be brought back" just to get disappointed and feel the despair lol
Beam... Violence....
yeah but there's actual set up for this, they said demons go to hell and when they cross over back to the regular world the last thing they hear is a Chainsaw, and when you set something like that up you should usually follow through with it

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
You knew it was gonna happen because Fujimoto, but it still sucks. RIP Power.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I refuse to look at spoilers. I will let this chapter hurt me in the way it was meant to.

Btw I remember when this manga first started and people were like "oh shit, it's a Fujimoto series. Give it some time and it's gonna fucking break some people" and here it is finally living up to that.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Just want to drop in and say I don't read much Manga (really just Junji Ito's stuff), but one of you awesome folks posted about Chainsaw Man in the "favourite panels" thread, and I started reading it. Absolutely hooked, and bummed there are so few chapters! I'm about at chapter 50 I think, and I'm in love with the bizarre lore, the enigmatic characters, and the gorgeous art. So thank you for spreading the word!

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Just want to drop in and say I don't read much Manga (really just Junji Ito's stuff), but one of you awesome folks posted about Chainsaw Man in the "favourite panels" thread, and I started reading it. Absolutely hooked, and bummed there are so few chapters! I'm about at chapter 50 I think, and I'm in love with the bizarre lore, the enigmatic characters, and the gorgeous art. So thank you for spreading the word!

Welcome to the party