• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OT2 Subtitle Nominations

• Second Course

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 21 Jump Plus Street

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • The Future Rules

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • He just like me fr

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
You just look at what's going on in their world like "How the heck is Denji gonna fix this jam?" Lol

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Makima will learn how to love from an emotional speech by Denji and there will be a happily ever after ending. Right? Right???

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
This manga is HANDS DOWN one of the best manga I've ever FUCKING READ. HOLY SHIT.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Yet the future devil said he'd be killed by Denji along with Power, and that it was inevitable. So either offering himself to Makima really did change the (unchangeable?) future or there's something more we still don't know about, like him getting revived somehow by Makima's power.

EDIT- Also, it's pretty fucked but he did go down fighting the gun, at least he got something even if it was something he didn't truly give a shit about anymore.
Aki is not really really dead, and Denji and Power will have to kill him for good good when they confront Makima.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the advance of the gun devil was pretty much perfect. The decision to make it an event you can only understand through narration was genius.

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the advance of the gun devil was pretty much perfect. The decision to make it an event you can only understand through narration was genius.

Right? Can you imagine how lame, after all of this build-up, it was just a guy with a gun for a head? In retrospect, its also super consistent. The last big thing the Gun Devil actually did was that massive bullet that killed Aki's family, and it was also treated more as an event rather than just the work of one guy.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was it mentioned what kind of relationship the Japanese government has with Makima? They must be utterly terrified.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I love this series so much, and I hope it's not coming to an end. Fujimoto did say in an interview that his series are short, which has me kind of worried.

But even so, it seems most mangaka plan for their series to be shorter, but almost always end up making them longer.

If Denji actually does open that door in the next few chapters, I'm not really sure what Fujimoto can do to extend it. He's only shown one primal fear devil so far. Hopefully he shows more.

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I love this series so much, and I hope it's not coming to an end. Fujimoto did say in an interview that his series are short, which has me kind of worried.

But even so, it seems most mangaka plan for their series to be shorter, but almost always end up making them longer.

If Denji actually does open that door in the next few chapters, I'm not really sure what Fujimoto can do to extend it. He's only shown one primal fear devil so far. Hopefully he shows more.

Fujimoto has a lot of one shots and his longest other series is firepunch. From those there is a possibility we are just getting started.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Didn't he just says he wanna do oneshot when doing series and wanna do series when doing oneshot?

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Didn't he just says he wanna do oneshot when doing series and wanna do series when doing oneshot?
A: When I'm doing a series is when I want to draw a oneshot and when I do a oneshot is when I want to do series... is what I realized once again. That's why that now that I'm currently serialized with "Chainsawman" I want to draw a oneshot (lol). To begin with I want to get the stories I think of out into the world as much as possible so, I want to draw a lot of works to compensate for my series not being that long.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I could see this ending in like 30 chapters. Half the cast is dead and we are dealing with world-ending devils now.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This manga is just bonkers, and I love it. Shit's wild and half the time I have no idea wtf is going on but I love the ride.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Are we allowed to post fanart? Because CSM has some of the best I've come across.

1594013497128.png

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
You know what, I'd love to see a shonen tournament arc in CSM, it would be the craziest ass ride lmao

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If we're posting fan art

2qdwh986na951.jpg

Look at this fucking thing! What an incredible design. God this series is great.

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
Sidenote: a few chapters ago when Quanxi decapitated Denji and then Makima shows up and she surrenders immediately was such an amazing scene. We see this complete badass give up in an instant it was so hilarious. And of course she and her girls get killed but after all we'd just seen of her only to utterly lose is just so awesome

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Sidenote: a few chapters ago when Quanxi decapitated Denji and then Makima shows up and she surrenders immediately was such an amazing scene. We see this complete badass give up in an instant it was so hilarious. And of course she and her girls get killed but after all we'd just seen of her only to utterly lose is just so awesome

That's why Makima is the baddest mofo lol. Everyone seems apprehensive to step to her. Like, everyone.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still more curious why it has better range on its children shooting ability than its adult shooting ability

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Saw this on reddit, had to share:

Screenshot-20200707-111427.png

Intentional, or nah?

Hahaha I had the same thought on release with the panel showing the time of makima going ape on gun as 3:18:28

Duteronomy 3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God has given you this land to possess it: you shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are fit for war.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
107404146_2708035396120899_6753370914101716970_n.png

I will say this, the CSM community makes some good fucking memes.

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man the first chapter was wild

Oh man you are in for a ride.

Can't really explain this manga at all, because it feels like I am reading it for 4 years or more, but it's just 1 1/2 years old. I also can't tell you about arcs or shit or explain anything really, but it's an amazing series so enjoy and join us.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love the paneling. I love how things like a giant hand feel like they are coming from another world off the page to fuck with the actual panels. The unique composition and certain shots really outline the horror of things like the Dark devil. This is a work that is best suited for a manga like how Watchmen only really works for the medium of comics. An anime would be fine, but will lack the impact ( and probably have lame CG devils ).

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on reddit, had to share:

Screenshot-20200707-111427.png

Intentional, or nah?

Hahaha I had the same thought on release with the panel showing the time of makima going ape on gun as 3:18:28

Duteronomy 3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God has given you this land to possess it: you shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are fit for war.

I love stuff like this.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
The last 20 chapters have been a wild fucking ride. And it keeps going!

My favorite chapter has to be when they meet the darkness devil and their arms are used as paneling. Just genius.

Can't wait for next week.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We are witnessing manga history. This is gonna be up there with the greats.

I haven't seen a more frightening character since Meruem.

Jun 22, 2019
honestly, I think anime adaptation would be disaster. The panelling of this manga is just weird.

If the studio lacks money, it will assuredly be a disaster. And if the studio tries to stick to panel by panel adaptation, it would also end up a disaster. There would definitely need to be strong creative vision at the helm to adapt Chainsaw Man well.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
No wonder why Future was so please with Aki's future. It's really worse than dead doesn't it?
being Gun fiend and going to kill Denji ;(

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers

Holy fuck! I have no idea where this series will go and I love it. Watch this be the end of "Part 1" and we're only just getting started on Fujimoto's Wild Ride.

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
At this point in the story how would y'all describe Makima's morality? Like she's definitely not "good" or "evil". But definitely leans more towards evil. Like she's doing the "right" thing in the most evil way possible

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
At this point in the story how would y'all describe Makima's morality? Like she's definitely not "good" or "evil". But definitely leans more towards evil. Like she's doing the "right" thing in the most evil way possible

At this point it's too early to tell.
We do not know of any parties' endgame, so we can't assess what's the "right" thing.
We know she offered shelter, some sort of personal growth and a goal to multiple people, but she is also manipulative and she has little regards for most beings' lives, but the latter point is a bit moot because most characters don't as well.