• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.cgmagonline.com

CGMagazine crowns Hades as 2020's top game.

Game of the Year is something of a coveted term during 2020, amid a worldwide pandemic which increased the impact of every release. It's a miracle that studios continued to release a wide variety of games over the months, refreshing a backlog which has caught up to many gamers at home.
Game of the Year is something of a coveted term during 2020, amid a worldwide pandemic which increased the impact of every release. It's a miracle that studios continued to release a wide variety of games over the months, refreshing a backlog which has caught up to many gamers at home. As players connected (and re-connected) with their favourite characters. Many included Ellie/Joel, Jill Valentine, Doom Slayer, Tom Nook, Cloud Strife and Alyx Vance; each given a new life ahead of another generation of consoles. Of course, they've also become champions of our past times and a greeter for escapism. These characters were also crucial in pushing the boundaries of video games. Helping along the development of gameplay are the characters themselves. Through deeper narratives, game heroes are thrown into situations a tad too grounded in the real world. For players, these stories only do more to create an unforgettable campaign and in-game memories. Here comes the real trick; adopting what made classic games fun and still managing to throw players into the world of tomorrow. 2020's games continued to deliver on such a lasting impact, becoming a Game of the Year in our own eyes.

Game of the Year – Hades
Runner-up #1 – Final Fantasy VII Remake
Runner-up #2 – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Runner-up #3 – Doom Eternal

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

eGTnynC.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I'm finishing up FFVII Remake currently and I'm surprised at all the nods it's getting. It's got a lot of heart but also a lot of flaws, with the final few chapters being just a gauntlet of boss fights. Still, glad it's getting attention, I do want to see how the story wraps up in Part 2.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think the trolling or memeing or whatever about 13 Sentinels is getting a bit old in all of these topics.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is this actually true?

I mean, the very very first scene in the game is a high school girl, naked, inside a robot saying something along the lines of "Wait, am I inside the robot? Where did my clothes go?"

I haven't got far enough to see the Quiet-style justifications yet but I'm working on it!

But yeah, the school kids you play are always super naked when you're in a battle.

May 19, 2020
i have to confess i have been stealing the geoff keighley avatar guy's bit for mentioning 13 sentinels for quote clout

sorry not sorry, i actually do like the game though

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the very very first scene in the game is a high school girl, naked, inside a robot saying something along the lines of "Wait, am I inside the robot? Where did my clothes go?"

I haven't got far enough to see the Quiet-style justifications yet but I'm working on it!

But yeah, the school kids you play are always super naked when you're in a battle.
Tbf to those portraits when in the robots, its really nothing explicit. The problem does still exist tho obviously

Oct 29, 2017
I reviewed both doom eternal and 13 sentinels for CGM, and 13 sentinels would have won if it featured doom guy pretending to be in high school in order to fight the hellspawn kaiju robots.