• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I love the fact that he was able to rattle fans for all three companies - Microsoft, Nintendo and even Sony themselves - by just simply telling the truth (along with his smart and timely comedic edge), and that's why Fake Kaz has been consistently good all this time.

This E3 has given Mark plenty of ammunition and material to go out on a deserved high.

You'll be missed!

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Dude was great at ripping open fresh PS Vita wounds, and dumping salt into there.

He'll be missed greatly.

tenor.gif

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017

"I guess if it's anything — it's still true now, but when I started the account, you [saw] a lot of kids and teenagers taking all this stuff way too seriously," Doherty eventually replies. "And it's like, it's fun. Have fun with it. Video games are fun; you can have a joke about it. I guess, for me, that's what I want it to be. We have a thing that we enjoy, and we all enjoy it, so let's talk about it in a fun way, joke around and not take it overly seriously."

Very salient point made here. So much of the angst and toxicity in the community stems from people taking this fun thing and making it life-or-death.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
KazHIraiCEO revealed himself!
End of an era, this man dropped some real comedic gold for this industry...

Best luck on all things going forward!

Oct 25, 2017
"I guess if it's anything — it's still true now, but when I started the account, you [saw] a lot of kids and teenagers taking all this stuff way too seriously," Doherty eventually replies. "And it's like, it's fun. Have fun with it. Video games are fun; you can have a joke about it. I guess, for me, that's what I want it to be. We have a thing that we enjoy, and we all enjoy it, so let's talk about it in a fun way, joke around and not take it overly seriously."

Very salient point made here. So much of the angst and toxicity in the community stems from people taking this fun thing and making it life-or-death.
Was just gonna post the same. Era could learn a few things from him.

TeamGizzy

Nov 17, 2017
Reading his tweets and busting out laughing.. while trying to explain these things to non informed friends and family was something else.

He is a national treasure and will be missed.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The second time, he commented on a NeoGAF post about the account, from his personal account, saying it was him. Both times no one said anything.

"I've not had anybody go, 'Oh, I know it's you,'" Doherty says. "I've not ever hidden it — it's just the answer's not interesting. So whenever I've said 'It's me' people have not cared."

lol
Thanks for all the laughs, Mark.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the laughs. This account has done nothing but make me laugh over the years and seeing that last tweet made the end all to real. So many legendary tweets from this guy. It will be greatly missed, all the best.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm surprised to find out he's a fellow scouser who also found a home in Manchester. Kaz Hirai will be incredibly missed. As others have already said, end of an era.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
The fake NOA account is news to me. Frowning at Nintendo's stance and actions, but I'm glad we got fake Kaz at full throttle.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
As mentioned, he was on NeoGAF!

"The second time [he revealed himself], he commented on a NeoGAF post about the account, from his personal account, saying it was him. Both times no one said anything." --Polygon article

Anonymity is such a great thing, you can just hide in plain sight, lol.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The fact that he was on fucking GAF and no one believed him or didn't seem to care makes this all the more epic.

Mark's tweets as Kaz will be missed. This E3 alone had some absolutely epic tweets from him.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
F

End of an era.

Also, From that article:

The account isn't necessarily going away, either. Doherty isn't deleting it, and he says he can't promise he won't tweet from it again. If he does, though, it has to be the right type of story. He doesn't want to make a big deal of ending the account, only to come back to it and start back up like nothing happened.

So youre saying theres a chance!

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Seriously, E3 will never be the same without the tweets.

Also, only way I see him coming back is if the real Kaz comes back as CEO.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Goodbye, Fake Kaz. You're a real legend.

Went out with a blast as well. You will be missed :(

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Godspeed Fake Kaz / Mark

You are a true legend.Thanks for the laughs.

Hope this is not the last we hear from you.