• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Really curious to see if they acknowledge improvements or a complete fix with all the joycon issues or will they remain silent, but still fix them? No way this won't be resolved with a new system... right?
tenor.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
please work with current third party joycons, I can't lose my abomination Hori Split Pad pro :(

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The only way I see this not being resolved is if they need to make sure the current ones are also compatible and in doing so means the same terrible ones will be built into this. I really hope that's not the case, I only play my Switch with the Pro controller now because of this after already exchanging them once.
Not necessarily, all they need to share is the same rail size that the og switch has. There's lots of 3rd party joycons that are different sizes with regular sticks.

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
never in gaming, i'd rather work for boring industries and avoid the crunch
Well i'm software developer since 2005 and crunch exists not only in gaming dev. Depends where you work at tbh.
So don't give the wrong message from inside . A lot of people are affected by crunch, i was one when i was young. Thank you

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I take the wording of the E3 direct as meaning it won't have any hardware reveal, and it seems unlikely their biggest software event of the year would somehow skip software that will run on hardware releasing this year.
So yeah, I assume a Switch Pro reveal will happen before that date.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if they do a stealth video drop about its announcement, isn't it what happened with the Switch?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Centro Leaks is full of shit right?
If that's their screenshot, definitely. As far as I can tell (based on how I know the Amazon system displays information on the seller side), the person who created that screenshot has no idea how Amazon's internal system displays products.

Also, since the ASIN supposedly exists (it has to otherwise the system will not know its number), a seller should be able to add it for sale on their side. I have had this verified by someone I know and they got a "this product does not exist" response.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
If that's their screenshot, definitely. As far as I can tell (based on how I know the Amazon system displays information on the seller side), the person who created that screenshot has no idea how Amazon's internal system displays products.
I have a friend that works at Amazon. That's exactly how the CSI system looks, that's what they told me.

These two posts directly contradict each other. Unless the CSI system is different for someone who works at Amazon versus just a seller?

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My uncle works at Amazon, and told me the exact opposite. He also told be that botw2 will be a twitch exclusive.

Sep 29, 2019

Couldn't this just mean it's an grip accessory for the Pro Controllers?
I'm confused, i thought the Switch Pro was going to use the same joy-cons as the OG. Though, i could see them modifying the design (as in, maybe putting some more ergonomical design on the joycons) and shipping that with the Switch Pro, making them compatible with the OG and vice-versa.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Couldn't this just mean it's an grip accessory for the Pro Controllers?
I'm confused, i thought the Switch Pro was going to use the same joy-cons as the OG. Though, i could see them modifying the design (as in, maybe putting some more ergonomical design on the joycons) and shipping that with the Switch Pro, making them compatible with the OG and vice-versa.
Yeah, it was a grip´accessory

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I didn't even try to get a PS5 or Xbox Series console at launch, but I will for this next Switch. No matter the pricepoint, name, specs/features or games that do or do not get revealed.

Nintendo systems I got at launch in the U.S.

Super NES - August 1991
Nintendo 64
(my Japanese N64 arrived at my house in July 1996 with SM64 and PW64.
Gamecube
Wii
3DS
N3DS XL
Switch

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
If there isn't a drastic battery life increase and better ergonomics I really think I will pass at launch at least. I could be swayed by the oohs and aahs of the new tech, but I doubt it. My fingers cramp before the things die, and the thing dies before I am even having fun most of the time.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Apparently there is Fortnite joycons releasing on the 4th June so I'm starting to think that's what the listing is for. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

No, this listing was originally published under the name "New Nintendo Switch Pro" before being changed to "Dummy ASIN" and then removed (or publicly hidden, at least).

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see if they acknowledge improvements or a complete fix with all the joycon issues or will they remain silent, but still fix them? No way this won't be resolved with a new system... right?
Unless the license a new design and a completely different one at that, it'll have drift. The three manufacturers all use the same underlying tech for analog sticks these days and all have drift eventually with unlucky people having them within weeks or months on all platforms.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
So if they don't just shadowdrop the trailer for it when can we reasonably expect a tweet if they plan on say revealing it tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.