• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very curious how The Wonderful 101 runs, now with the port available on other systems. Should give it a shot if the problems are away.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I just about to ask how XCX is on CEMU. Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles DE and I want to revisit X.
Is that a 'new' problem ? I don't remember having problems with the game when I last played it like a year ago.
Posted a thread on it through the reddit for Cemu awhile back:

[Have you reviewed the Cemu Guide?:] Yes

[Cemu Version:] 1.19.3

[Cemuhook Version:] 0.5.7.3 for 1.12.1-1.19.3

[CPU Model:] AMD Ryzen 5 2600

[GPU Model:] Radeon RX 580 8GB

[Laptop or Desktop?:] Desktop

[Log:] https://pastebin.com/rhugTP4i (god, hope I did this right)

Graphics pack I use are AA (native AA option), Resolution (set at 1600x900), offline tag and Brightness (WiiU default).

[Explain the problem you're having and what you've tried:] Spent yesterday tinkering with CEMU, by setting it to single core recompiler and vulkan/async compile, actually managed to get upwards of mid 40s-60 FPS using the 60 FPS pack but seemed like it might have been causing problems with the cut scene camera causing it to get real weird and jittery/making erratic movements that shouldn't be happening in fairly calm scenes so I decided to settle for maybe 30 FPS.

Game runs solid at 30 FPS but I've noticed an entirely different problem since: A lot of annoying black and white flickering in certain menu systems such as looking at soul voices or the Basic Mission Requests or even for a quick second when I boot up the game and extremeley rarely when walking around (I could deal with that if it was just that but the menus are kind of bugging me).

Of the threads I've found here, it would seem to suggest this might just be a problem I'll have to deal with but it would be perfect if I could just fix this, I'm satisfied with everything with everything else.

Setting GPU buffer accuracy to High seems to help abit but not a lot.
It might be driver issues, current versions of CEMU, not sure.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm playing around in BOTW on my Switch right now and cursing at the controls (whoever thought it was a good idea to put sprint on a face button is dumb) and I just had a weird idea...

I know you can use a Dual Shock 4 on PC in cemu but would there be a way to kind of... Macro your way into using the touch pad to quickly swipe between the runes (or the weapons or any of those linear menus that BOTW uses)?

Like I guess a swipe to the right on the touchpad would actually have to input Hold Dpad-Up + Right on the right stick?

Is something like that possible?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't understand about this is the shader cache. As I understand it, most modern games need to generate a cache prior to being played and generate it before you start. With Cemu, it is done as you play which causes a ton of studdering as it generates. You can download shader caches that have already been done for you, but I found even with that I would get the occasional studder as it generated some that had been missed.

Is that not something that can be done automatically by the emulator before the gameplay actually starts (regardless of how long it takes)? Having to find a third party shader cache is kind of obnoxious, especially if it doesn't fully fix the problem. Though to be fair I only put a decent amount of time into one game (Xenoblade X).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I don't understand about this is the shader cache. As I understand it, most modern games need to generate a cache prior to being played and generate it before you start. With Cemu, it is done as you play which causes a ton of studdering as it generates. You can download shader caches that have already been done for you, but I found even with that I would get the occasional studder as it generated some that had been missed.

Is that not something that can be done automatically by the emulator before the gameplay actually starts (regardless of how long it takes)? Having to find a third party shader cache is kind of obnoxious, especially if it doesn't fully fix the problem. Though to be fair I only put a decent amount of time into one game (Xenoblade X).
Caches are system dependent. Your hardware is different from someone else's, which is why it still caches.

It's also version dependent, which is why you have to cache again after updates.

The way shaders are cached differs based on the hardware of the system too. Caching before the game boots may be difficult because it goes against how the WiiU operates, and would likely make the initial boot last forever each time you update the emulator.

Enable async shaders and multithreadding and just deal with the pop in rather than load times and stutter.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Hey everyone, I booted up Bayonetta 2, and was wondering if there's a mod to add the Xbox controller layout (button prompts)? I have that for BOTW, but can't seem to find anything for this, thanks!