• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
YEEEES!!

Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell

Saying goodbye is never easy. Finding the right way to send off the characters and world of Celeste was especially difficult for us, but we're very excited about what this chapter became. Here's some details:

• Chapter 9: Farewell is a new story chapter for Celeste, releasing 9/9/2019 for free on all platforms*.
  • It contains 100+ new levels, bringing the game's total to over 800!
  • Over 40 minutes of new music from Lena Raine. (Purchase the soundtrack on Bandcamp!)
  • There's several brand new mechanics and items to discover and play with.
  • Reconnect with beloved characters for a final goodbye.
  • This chapter doesn't have a B- or C-Side.
  • To unlock it, simply complete Chapter 8.

* The XBox One version might not be released on the same day. We apologize, but coordinating this patch across all consoles was challenging for our tiny studio! If it doesn't make the 9th, it will release soon after. Thank you for understanding.

Also, we want to mention the Limited Run physical Celeste release. We know that people have been waiting for that to ship for a long time. Now that Chapter 9 is finished, it will enter production shortly. Thanks so much for your patience.

We really hope you'll enjoy Chapter 9, and follow our future developments at EXOK!

EDu3aM2UwAABkP_

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Ok there are now officially too many games to play

But this comes first

All hail GOTY 2018

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still have to do the final level...

Then I'm ready.

May 5, 2018
Nice! Glad to see this finally get a release date! I need to warm up by playing a C Side again. But again, great to see my favorite game of 2018 get this sick update!

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Probably a lot of remixes
Nah it's new music. From the bandcamp website

It's been an intimidating prospect, to return to the world of Celeste for one more outing. The original soundtrack releases saw so much love from thousands of people, and so it seemed like an impossible task to follow it up with something new. It was only through creating something different, and adding to the existing sound of the game, that I felt comfortable telling one more story for these characters and world.

Celeste opened doors for me that I've already stepped through, and my professional life is wholly different as a result. There's no real denying that it's created change for everything that is yet to come for me, and so it only made sense that I'd conclude Celeste by changing it, too. The soundtrack to Farewell might be off-putting on first listen, and I don't know if people will like it less, as much, or more than what I wrote first. It's impossible to live up to high expectations, so I did what I always do: try to stay true to what kind of story I want to express, and what emotions that brings out. I hope that worked.

Also there seem to be 13 tracks and one of them is 6min

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Been waiting on my LRG preorder to even start the game. I've been dying to play.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
This is just amazing all-around. Love the game, love the crew and cant wait to see what's in store for their future.

Oct 27, 2017
So glad to finally get that release date- I swear they've been saying "it's very close" for weeks. Now I'm just worried about the content being prohibitively difficult...

Nov 8, 2017
Guess I'll be running through the game again...

This time with a Pro Controller. The joycons were sort of frustrating at times.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What does "it's a tough one" mean? I thought a side was challenging but fair, b-sides were straight hard, and later c-side broke me and made me retroactively start to dislike the game.

....where does this rate if no b or c side?

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
What does "it's a tough one" mean? I thought a side was challenging but fair, b-sides were straight hard, and later c-side broke me and made me retroactively start to dislike the game.

....where does this rate if no b or c side?

It's been said it's as hard (or harder) as the hardest c-side.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Oh dear the level of rustiness is going to be extreme. Might wait for the official SNES controllers and then jump back in with a fresh playthrough.

Can't wait either way and looking forward to seeing what the new studio comes out with!

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, this is free?

Also something tells me my drift joycons are gonna make this a lot harder than the last time I played Celeste...

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I understand the difficulty concerns (I never got around to the C sides so I have them too), but that's what assist mode is for. There's no shame in making some tweaks until it's a manageable challenge.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have all C-Side golden strawberries let's GO

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's been said it's as hard (or harder) as the hardest c-side.
Damn. LOL 7C nearly broke me, but I conquered it after days of trying. And I haven't played this since... last fall? Oh well, not gonna complain about free DLC, and I'm sure getting back into the swing of things will come pretty naturally.

Nov 8, 2017
I ordered this from LRG back on New Year's Day, super excited for this as I've been holding off on digital since release.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
569053-8bitdo-sn30-pro.jpg

The new holy grail. I've never been more convinced of a third party controller besting the first party option, but this thing is going to absolutely slay for Celeste.

Oct 25, 2017
Fucked my hands up playing this game. The tiny bones on the back of my hand got extremely sore.

Loved the game, never playing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.