• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
We don't really celebrate Christmas that much at home, since today is my mom's birthday, so we mix the New Year's Eve and her celebration at the same time. We won't have a family gathering this year, but yeah we do plan on celebrating just a bit.

I live with my parents after losing my job in March, mind you.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I've never cared about New Years outside of going to families house and drinking and playing games. I have to work until 10:30 and by the time I get home I just won't care, I'll be playing assassins creed or something when the clock strikes.

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
I've stayed awake for 36 hours straight, trying to exhaust myself to the point where I'll be able to just sleep through it all.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I live alone, and with the lockdown there isn't much you can do.

Playing Jedi Fallen Order and watching Erased on Netflix.

RedSonja

Oct 29, 2017
Nope. I live alone, and with the lockdown there isn't much you can do.

Playing Jedi Fallen Order and watching Erased on Netflix.

I started playing that game and really enjoyed it, but I got stuck on this level with all these Islands and that's it for me; it made me give up. I hope you have a good evening and Happy New Year!

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Staying home. Maybe watching the countdown. Might tune in to a friend's Twitch stream tonight. Wonder if he's playing anything that I'd be able to hop into. Other than that, packing up whatever else I can in my apartment in prep for a move in late January.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Going out to the bars because YOLO. Everything is operating at 100% capacity now here in Florida, might as well! Thank you Governor Deathsantis.

Nahh, just kidding. I will stay home and anticipate the huge spike in covid infections in a few weeks.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
In the UK, staying home with the wife and kids.

Hopefully the kids will go to bed early then share a bottle of wine with the wife to see in the New Year.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I work tonight and tomorrow on a Covid unit which is my regular unit to work on so that'll be my New Years plans.

Probably cook something to eat later today before work, unsure what to cook though, hmm...

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in New Jersey and I can see Manhattan across the river from the apartment. Probably the closest I will ever get to a NYC Ball Drop

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If playing a bunch of video games because my daughter isn't with me this week and going to bed at like 10:30 is celebrating? Then yeah I'm celebrating the new year.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Getting drunk af with my wife and brother. Might crash planes in Flight Simulator

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Staying at home with the wife, will drink a bit and watch TV, like usual. I haven't been to a New Year's party/bar in twenty or so years. At least I partied like it was 1999 back in 1999.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Nope. Not really. The wife is in IT at a local credit union in Austin and she has to monitor end of year processing.

We have an almost 22 month old so we are home but I will be drinking some beers and probably playing video games or watching the 2nd season of the Mandolorian.

Jan 13, 2018
I'll be livestreaming on Twitch. It's the final night for the Twitch Sings karaoke app, so have to get some last-minute mileage outta that before it's retired. 👍

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Girlfriend is coming over and spending the night. We've pre-ordered a nice take out NYE dinner from a local place, I got lots of alcohol and we'll probably play board games until the ball drops. Should be an ok time.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
I was lucky to be able to get a change of scenery and spend today with my boyfriend and his family. We took a nice hike in the morning and resting until we eat a shit ton of food later tonight.

Admittedly I wish I could just be shit drunk with my roommates - but trying to be grateful for what I have right now considering everything.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Country is in lockdown, so I will check on the balcony what the neighbours are up to, cuddle with my cats and play some videogames.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I ordered a take away cook at home dinner from a fancy restaurant for the wife and I.

We also have 2 friends in our bubble coming over and 2 more sets of friends who are gonna mask on social distance hang in our backyard for the countdown. I have space heaters set up 15 feet apart for each pod of humans.

Normally we have a 100 person blowout that destroys our home.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just chillin with my wife at home. It's going to be weird not seeing big celebrations on tv at midnight like usual.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Satying home playing some switch games I bought for cheap last night.

Costa Rica here.

Nov 8, 2017
My first New Year's alone at home in the Netherlands.

I usually spend Christmas and New Year's with my parents in the UK, but I decided to cut my stay short and fly back on Boxing Day, out of concern for travel being restricted. My parents went into Tier 4 today, so it was a good call.

We'll probably talk on Zoom later, also with my brother and his kids.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Either ordering a pizza or cooking a steak and some potatoes. Steak may be a Sunday meal instead.

Parents got me a bottle of Elijah Craig and a small bottle of cocktail syrup for Christmas so I'll open both up to go along with the Millers haha. Debating on grabbing champagne.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm staying home and eating some homemade spaghetti with bolognese that I had in the freezer. Probably not drinking, as I try not to do that alone.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing that game and really enjoyed it, but I got stuck on this level with all these Islands and that's it for me; it made me give up. I hope you have a good evening and Happy New Year!

Thank you. I just beat the ninth sister and yes, I'm quite enjoying the game, at least for the set pieces.

You have a good new year too!

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
We were going to have wine, play board games and watch The Lighthouse but my girlfriend, god bless her, has fallen asleep at quarter to 7. As I don't really care about New Year's Eve I find this very funny.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Staying home and drinking.

It's cold, wet, and miserable outside, so it's not even worth bothering to get out even if I could.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
If anyone is into electronic music the group responsible for putting on Tomorrowland which is the largest Electronic Music Festival in the world each year is putting on a pay-per-view New Year's Eve show and you can choose your timezone so it starts at 8 p.m. and goes till 3 a.m. no matter where you are at.

They had the artists come in over the past couple weeks to various studio setups around the world to record their sets in front of giant Hollywood style green screens and then added incredible digital stage and crowd effects which based on their event they did in the summertime are just absolutely mind-blowing.

I think the pay-per-view cost is 20 euros so it's not too bad considering the lineup they put together for the evening should be a great fun event to help bring in the New Year!

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Have a friend coming over to sit and drink beer and play Halo. It's Hogmanay, have a good one folks, stay safe and all the best!

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Zoom Party like every other holiday this year lol. Will probably play Among Us as well, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite games to play with friends ever.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Spending the night alone (and talking to my family over the phone).

On the bonus side, all this is for me.

20201231-194829-7349.jpg